Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E13 Out On A Limb discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]Dec 11, 2013
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Out On A Limb episode. Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Dec 11, 2013
    • level: 18
    Hoping that Katie, Laura, Tina all lose

Go tyson and gervase!

Colin_Rob_Rock

[3]Dec 11, 2013
    • level: 9

That would be awesome Jeff saying "You all suck so much that non of you will be returning

skbrettbug

[4]Dec 11, 2013
    Katie is the only one of those i liked

joepetrizzo7

[5]Dec 11, 2013
    • level: 8
    I like how Hayden was checking out Katie at Tribal Council. Did he forget about Kat? I guess Kat was right, Hayden only wanted girls who made the merge.

mcepin3

[6]Dec 12, 2013
    • level: 16

I knew it Monica ain't gonna flip,after they showed those scenes,with Monica saying thank you for sticking neck out for me with drawing rocks. And when Ciera told her those things,which I don't know,if they are true or not,you could see in Monica's face she didn't believe it. Now what I thought of Monica is another thing.but I ain't in the game playing,so my opinion doesn't really matter. Maybe it also helped that Tyson shared info,that he has idol and I hope he plays it next tribal,if he doesn't win immunity. HII is only good for 1 more vote,so after that no use of it.

Man,Gervase has short temper. He can be all sweet,smiling,but then he really shows what he thinks. And he could probably get into fist fight I loved,when Tyson said,you don't tell person on bottom,they are going home. 1st it's Survivor,so you never know what might happen,2nd you look like a fool,if that person doesn't go home.

THANK YOU SURVIVOR FOR PUTTING SOMETHING BETWEEN THEM ON THAT IMMUNITY CHALLENGE!!! Is that so hard to do?

anthem47

[7]Dec 12, 2013
    • level: 6

I've been going over in my mind whether Monica made the right choice or not. It's tough, I think she's so far down the totem pole that it almost doesn't matter who she takes to the end, she can't win. Ciera and Hayden have fought hard, Laura and Tina have had an impressive run on RI (especially Laura), and Tyson and Gervase built a tight alliance. Her best case scenario is probably against say Tina and Gervase, and even that's not much.

I have to guess that people in that situation, if you're self-aware enough, say "I'm probably not going to win this, so I'm going to make my game matter but helping who I want to win get to the end". You know? Like she's not on the jury so she doesn't get a vote, but she can still influence the end even though her game is screwed.

Or she really thinks she has a shot, haha. And not to be too mean, as far as players of her "type" go (the pliant one you take to the end because no one will vote for them), she's not the worst. I mean she won three individual challenges, that's pretty cool. And she hasn't been completely invisible. But yeah I'd put her chances at about 5%, heh.

mcepin3

[8]Dec 12, 2013

If Monica or Gervase would do anything for win,they should flip on Tyson. I am glad,that they are sticking with him,because at the end of the day you gotta stick with someone. I also think Monica's chances are zero either way,because if she flips on Tyson and Gervase,depending on who would be in finals,she wouldn't get their votes. Then daughters already have moms votes,she flipped on Aras and Vytas,so she doesn't have their votes. Doesn't have Caleb,doesn't have Katie. If Tyson loses against Monica or Laura M.,I don't know,how he will be able to live with that shame

On After Show,Kaite said,that at the last tribal council,Ciera was the one,who said vote out Monica. We only see Hayden saying Monica's name to Katie,but if it's true,it was Ciera's play to vote Monica.

I always look forward to final tribal and what jury has to say.

Forgot to add this...if Tina is in finals,only vote she'll get is from Katie. Remember why Tina is still in the game. Because Laura M. told her,how to solve puzzle.

Edited on 12/12/2013 4:01am

skbrettbug

[9]Dec 12, 2013
    mcepin3 wrote:

Forgot to add this...if Tina is in finals,only vote she'll get is from Katie. Remember why Tina is still in the game. Because Laura M. told her,how to solve puzzle.

I still don't believe that was right...but yea Laura seems to "deserve" it most but at this point I wuold want Hayden back

maritimer00

[10]Dec 12, 2013
    It seems to happen that every season, people who are at the bottom of an alliance and know it have a moment (or more) where they can changes things up yet stay with the status quo and lose anyways. I'm not saying Monica would have been better off with Hayden or whoever but she can see she's destined for third at best by siding with Tyson/Gervase. Playing it safe to the end is fine for self preservation but you have to do something, anything, to show you're more than a "goat" dragged along to get slammed in the jury phase.

mcepin3

[11]Dec 12, 2013

maritimer00 wrote:
    ... dragged along to get slammed in the jury phase.

But I love that part so much!!! Only if it's true,for example Brenda,not when someone like Candice tries to be all high and mighty in jury.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[12]Dec 12, 2013

I hope Hayden Comes Back. Monica's only chance to win is against both Laura and Tina.

During Hayden And Cieras attempts to sway Monica I had a rebuttal for most of it. They kept saying she is going to be third. Does that mean with that with them they think she has a better shot? And they kept saying that Tyson insulted Monica, Yes he said that Monica will go with what he says but there was nothing about a leach. GervaseI think did insult her. And What I think Tyson should have said is Who did they vote for last time. They targeted Monica. I think it might have helped if Ciera took Monica to the dinner.

It looked like Monica was expecting it. As soon as Ciera fell behind I thought Oh no she is going to make a comeback.

dragonradar

[13]Dec 12, 2013
    • level: 11

This was a pretty boring episode nothing really happened. Everything that happened was expected. I would've mention about how they voted for Monica in the previous episode as well. The thing about the leech or what not was probably just made up they just wanted to make her angry.

skbrettbug

[14]Dec 12, 2013
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I hope Hayden Comes Back. Monica's only chance to win is against both Laura and Tina.

During Hayden And Cieras attempts to sway Monica I had a rebuttal for most of it. They kept saying she is going to be third. Does that mean with that with them they think she has a better shot? And they kept saying that Tyson insulted Monica, Yes he said that Monica will go with what he says but there was nothing about a leach. GervaseI think did insult her. And What I think Tyson should have said is Who did they vote for last time. They targeted Monica. I think it might have helped if Ciera took Monica to the dinner.

It looked like Monica was expecting it. As soon as Ciera fell behind I thought Oh no she is going to make a comeback.

It's always like the NBA. A team can be down by 50 points but thanks to David Stern win the game

In other words, puzzles are the great equalizer. (just like an airport on TAR)

maritimer00

[15]Dec 12, 2013
    To be honest, I'd like the jury to turn it back on the smug guy/gal who tries that tactic and says "guess what? We're giving it to the one who got it for doing nothing..". If Fabio and yes, Aras can win a season without doing anything to merit it, why not? Almost as amusing as seeing a challenge monster like King Ozzy fall on his face a few years ago...

joepetrizzo7

[16]Dec 12, 2013
    I thin Monica can win because she has found herself in the power position many times. I feel like Gervase hasn't done anything worthy of winning and the newbies hate Tyson so Monica does have a shot.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[17]Dec 12, 2013

maritimer00 wrote:
    To be honest, I'd like the jury to turn it back on the smug guy/gal who tries that tactic and says "guess what? We're giving it to the one who got it for doing nothing..". If Fabio and yes, Aras can win a season without doing anything to merit it, why not? Almost as amusing as seeing a challenge monster like King Ozzy fall on his face a few years ago...

Yes and I hate when People like that win. But Fabio did win 4 challenges in a row to get to the final 3. What surprised me there was that NaOnka voted for him. The reason Ozzy lost (which I hated) Was that Yul played a good strategic game according to the others. The one that really gets me is Tina winning.

maritimer00

[18]Dec 12, 2013
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

maritimer00 wrote:

Yes and I hate when People like that win. But Fabio did win 4 challenges in a row to get to the final 3. What surprised me there was that NaOnka voted for him. The reason Ozzy lost (which I hated) Was that Yul played a good strategic game according to the others. The one that really gets me is Tina winning.

Well, NaOnka's actions during the entire season probably had Probst checking to make sure she passed the psych evaluations. Ozzy lost twice 'cause he never got the concept that Survivor isn't just winning challenges. Tina won, well, cause Colby was an idiot.

Practicality should always triumph over sentimentality...if Tyson makes it to the end and controls who sits next to him, Gervase might be in for a rude surprise as the remaining women might be a better pick for Tyson's win possibilities.

joepetrizzo7

[19]Dec 12, 2013
    Tina won because that obnoxious girl from the other tribe told Tina that Jeff had votes against him and Tina used that against Kucha as per the tie breaker rules at that time.

AncientEgypt

[20]Dec 12, 2013
    • level: 1

Is she really on the bottom

Let's Analyze this all the way

Maritime I agree with majority of your post, but this one I disagree

Lets analyze Monica situation. You said every season someone on the bottom have a chance to change the game up.

Really!? Monica goes with Ciera and Hayden guess who still on the Bottom

Monica!!

Are your freaking kidding me, change the game up how. The only chance is Hayden and Ciera or one of the people coming in redemption island will win. Monica have Zero chance to win regardless of her Move.

Even if she slam Tyson and Gervase during a Swing Vote move, it still will not be enough at this point to defeat Ciera, Hayden or Laura M

Don't forget!! Hayden won Big Brother! and he can Speak! his ass off, and base on Ciera!! she can do the same, and Laura M

I'm not sure Monica can speak that extraordinary at the end above them! I mean no disrespect to you Monica I just don't see it