Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E14 It's My Night episode discussion thread (and reunion)

maritimer00

[1]Dec 15, 2013
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for It's My Night episode (as well as any tidbits found out in the reunion afterwards). Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread.

My early guess: Tyson wins in a very lopsided margin.

Edited on 12/15/2013 3:55pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Dec 15, 2013
    • level: 18
    I hope Tyson wins. I made predictions in another thread

maritimer00

[3]Dec 15, 2013
    Tina re-enters the game...note to Hayden: trash talking only works if you win a duel to get back in the game. Props to Laura: dominated the duels but comes up short. Can't see Tina lasting past 5 but we'll see...

skbrettbug

[4]Dec 15, 2013
    I would say that Ciera and Tina are out next.

Great, one of my three undesirables (C, T, and M) will make the F3

maritimer00

[5]Dec 15, 2013
    Ciera out at 5...now, the only thing that stands tween Tyson and a win is if he doesn't take F4 Immunity and the others see him as a legit threat to win (it can happen...).

maritimer00

[6]Dec 15, 2013

Tyson wins F4 immunity...Monica will prob play safe, vote out Tina...Tyson wins unamaniously with Monica trying to say she did big moves and Gervase claiming same. Looks like a yawner at the end...just my prediction...

Edited on 12/15/2013 6:16pm

skbrettbug

[7]Dec 15, 2013
    Yeah Tyson gets the win. My pick ever since the Roop went away just sayin'

maritimer00

[8]Dec 15, 2013
    Tbh, Monica gives the impression of a person just happy to be F3 and doing better than hubby. Gervase, same thing, happy he did better after all these years.

I wonder if Colton will show up at reunion...?

maritimer00

[9]Dec 15, 2013
    Brains, Beauty and Brawn is the theme for next year...so a mix of beauty queens, muscle builders and Cochran types?

joepetrizzo7

[10]Dec 15, 2013
    • level: 8
    Ugh. I can't stand Tyson. It looked like the jury was going toward Monica during the final tribal council. I think she could have won if she explained why she wasn't a lap dog or why she is more than just Mrs. Brad Culpepper. The whole finale was, I thought, was average. I thought it was a spectacular season, though.

Next season looks like a flashback to the Big Brother cliques. The should have had an offbeat tribe.

I was surprised the reunion didn't have a tribute to B.B., which they would have had time for if they didn't have that shameless and obvious plug for the Millers.

dragonradar

[11]Dec 16, 2013
    • level: 11

I'm actually surprise how unbitter the jury was this season. Yea, I thought the way the jury asked the questions seemed like she would've gotten more votes. I don't blame her for what she's done. Kudos to her, being 2nd place was the best she could've hoped for.

mcepin3

[12]Dec 16, 2013
    • level: 16

TYSON!!!! WOOT!!! Awsome job on winning those last 2 immunities. Awsome job Tina!!! You beat Laura M......so f-ing happy she didn't win that RI. I knew it Hayden will lose,when he kept wiping sweat from his eye and I was already thinking "damn,once again I will have to listen to IT"

Finish strong doesn't mean finish first. No shame in being beaten,but I don't wanna waste my time on Laura M.

LOL,f-ing epic...Cody's were sitting as first voted out,but it was Rupert,who was first voted out. I think they had couples seated as,which ever person from couple made it further,that's where they sat.

I felt for Monica,it seemed to me she finally broke and showed her true colors. She had that fake mask on her whole time,but I thought that she might pull win from Tyson I also thought she will flip on Gervase at final 5.Was interesting to see,her saying "I made him(meaning Brad)" and breaking. Shame Ciera wasn't in finals...wanted to see her and Tyson duke it out,because Tyson,Monica,Gervase it's a no brainer,but Ciera could get 3-4 votes her way. She would have Laura M.,Vytas,Hayden,and probably Tina or Katie and might also have Caleb.

Gervase problem with your strategy was/is,that you might go un-noticed for so long,that people won't even notice you in finals. Yeah,ok you got someone around,who is bigger threat and target,but that is a double edge sword and it cuts both ways. Why not vote for bigger threat for making it to finals? Should you get votes,because you were hiding in that persons shadow?

I guess Vytas was most bitter,since he didn't vote for Tyson?

anthem47

[13]Dec 16, 2013
    • level: 6

Well, the finale was a bit predictable, but overall I thought it was a really good season! Ciera was my number one preference mostly due to how smart and gutsy she played (except for flipping one episode too late), but Tyson I can live with. Yeah he had his douchey moments but he wasn't the worst we've seen on this show by a long shot (glad Katie brought up that one comment though). And I'm really glad Monica got that one vote so she secures second place. I mean she's a bit of a dynamo physically, which I don't remember at all from her previous season. And I actually thought she had that jury during questioning too (I swear they do certain facial expressions just to confuse the audience).

I'm actually looking forward to this twist next season...it's a bit overly gimmicky but it could play out really well. The only thing is I feel like on this show brawn is really important at the start and a hindrance later on, so it feels like you could write this season right now. Brawn dominates pre-merge, Beauty and Brains get whittled down until the merge, then a Beauty/Brains coalition wipes out Brawn...from there it could go either way but, despite being a massive nerd myself, I suspect a Beauty might come out on top since they'll likely be semi-fit but not imposing, with a good social game. Or maybe a Brains tribe member will pull the strings, slide into Final 3 and sweet talk the jury. Eh, should be fun!

Also it seems no returning players, which is a first for awhile.

skbrettbug

[14]Dec 16, 2013
    Congratulations Tyson. Well played, sir.

mcepin3

[15]Dec 16, 2013
    • level: 16

anthem47 wrote:

I'm actually looking forward to this twist next season...it's a bit overly gimmicky but it could play out really well. The only thing is I feel like on this show brawn is really important at the start and a hindrance later on, so it feels like you could write this season right now. Brawn dominates pre-merge, Beauty and Brains get whittled down until the merge, then a Beauty/Brains coalition wipes out Brawn...from there it could go either way but, despite being a massive nerd myself, I suspect a Beauty might come out on top since they'll likely be semi-fit but not imposing, with a good social game. Or maybe a Brains tribe member will pull the strings, slide into Final 3 and sweet talk the jury. Eh, should be fun!

People see brawn vs brain vs beauty and right away they think,that people can be only one of those 3 things. Like brawn will be stupid,only win physical challenges,brain will dominate puzzles,suck at physical and beauty will skate by on looks. I believe and know,there's more to it,so just a title of season didn't win me over,what I really want is,that there are players willing to play game.

I'll go out on a limb and say someone from brawn wins the season.

marknmo

[16]Dec 16, 2013
    • level: 12
    mcepin3 wrote:

anthem47 wrote:

People see brawn vs brain vs beauty and right away they think,that people can be only one of those 3 things. Like brawn will be stupid,only win physical challenges,brain will dominate puzzles,suck at physical and beauty will skate by on looks. I believe and know,there's more to it,so just a title of season didn't win me over,what I really want is,that there are players willing to play game.

I could see them fitting returning players into this, still. They could have a returning player on each of the three tribes to represent a great past-Survivor to guide the newbies, like when Stephanie and Bobby in Guatemala. The three returnees could be known for each of the categories - Brawn would be someone great at challenges, like Ozzy (I hope it wouldn't be him), Brains could be someone like Cochran (though he's probably busy with The Millers), and I dunno, they could choose anybody really for the Beauty side, since half the cast are models. Just a thought, but I'm hoping it won't involve returning players next season so that we can fully focus on new people.

dragonradar

[17]Dec 16, 2013

marknmo wrote:
    mcepin3 wrote:

anthem47 wrote:

I could see them fitting returning players into this, still. They could have a returning player on each of the three tribes to represent a great past-Survivor to guide the newbies, like when Stephanie and Bobby in Guatemala. The three returnees could be known for each of the categories - Brawn would be someone great at challenges, like Ozzy (I hope it wouldn't be him), Brains could be someone like Cochran (though he's probably busy with The Millers), and I dunno, they could choose anybody really for the Beauty side, since half the cast are models. Just a thought, but I'm hoping it won't involve returning players next season so that we can fully focus on new people.

Actually this makes more sense. It SHOULD be something to do with returning players. lol at about the beauty comment but in survivor I guess beauty is the least important among the three B

Colin_Rob_Rock

[18]Dec 16, 2013
    • level: 10

dragonradar wrote:

marknmo wrote:
    mcepin3 wrote:

anthem47 wrote:

Actually this makes more sense. It SHOULD be something to do with returning players. lol at about the beauty comment but in survivor I guess beauty is the least important among the three B

I don't think the next season will have returnees. On Wikipedia it say 18 new players. It think that there will be 2 maybe 3 challenges with these tribes until a tribal switch. And Brains Doesn't necessarily mean like Cochran. It might mean good at puzzles like Boston Rob.

dragonradar

[19]Dec 16, 2013
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

dragonradar wrote:

marknmo wrote:
    mcepin3 wrote:

anthem47 wrote:

I don't think the next season will have returnees. On Wikipedia it say 18 new players. It think that there will be 2 maybe 3 challenges with these tribes until a tribal switch. And Brains Doesn't necessarily mean like Cochran. It might mean good at puzzles like Boston Rob.

Ok. It looks like there wouldn't be any returnees then. I Actually prefer not having returning players. Unless its an all-star cast type thing. Although, I hate having three tribes. It sort of encourage same clique alliance. I think the contestant would probably be based on their occupation. What if someone has all 3 merits? would they be disqualified?

anthem47

[20]Dec 17, 2013
    • level: 6
    mcepin3 wrote:

anthem47 wrote:

Oh, yeah that's fair, I'm falling into their trap a bit there. I mean for all your Colby/Cochran/Parvati types that are really clear, you've got people like Todd Herzog or Ozzy who are hard to categorise (I mean we know now Ozzy is a Brawn at challenges, but just on paper, I don't think you'd cast him on a Brawn tribe) and people like Yul who are a bit of all three. It seems to lock out certain types too, like your Dawn/Tina sort of soccer mum type, usually every season has one of those. Unless they have one in mind who is a former female bodybuilder/model/rocket scientist.