Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Survivor E2 Rule In Chaos

maritimer00

[1]Sep 25, 2013
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Rule In Chaos episode. Spoilers are allowed.

An interesting episode if only to see that it seems Survivor has managed to do the unthinakable and invite back another returnee who seems a wee bit unstable in Colton. His rants at the seeming quiet to the previews of him jumping into his fiance's arms makes me wonder why he came back at all...

As for the non returnees, the decision of who to send to RI seems focused purely on weakening the returnees at their own expense..given their challenge prowess and the fact the brawn hasn't won squat so far, it might be a bad way of thinking.

Rupert went home first...and hard as it say, he was hoisted on his petard, as the saying goes. He thought he could win the duels, no problem,and fell to two women half his size...last place for his probable last shot has gotta smart.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Sep 25, 2013
    • level: 20
    Go Red Sox!!

And yeah it was quite an interesting episode. Colton...yikes. I guess ratings go up, but the same with Rupert. Charlie Parsons probably isn't too pleased with the Roop's unexpected loss...but I think that they emotionally "made" him switch with his wife IMHO.

joepetrizzo7

[3]Sep 25, 2013
    • level: 11
    The duel was interesting. It was obvious to me that Rupert would lose when he started rushing through it. I think if Marissa gets back into the game, she will be a fierce player (not necessarily smart). She was clearly angry at Gervase, but didn't hold it against him. I like how she called out Tadhana in front of everyone. She reminds me a little bit of Lillian who couldn't wait to get back in the game to screw her tribe over. It appears that the returnees miss their loved ones than the newbies do. I didn't see Colton's original season (I watched Borneo thru Nicaragua and BvW and trying to catch up on the past few seasons on iTunes.) so this is my first time seeing him play. I think it's incredibly stupid of him to lecture Tina and Aras, two previous winners, how to play the game when he didn't even make the merge. He reminds me of Russell Hantz who can dominate with newbies but has no respect with returning players. The immunity challenge was boring. The physical part lacked any sort of skill or intensity. The second part was awful. I think the players should have alternated rolling the balls instead of relying on Gervase/Hayden. The other rollers were just standing there. I'm not surprised Galang won (although I picked Tadhana in the O/O/O Game) because they are just more unified at this point (and they didn't let Colton do anything.) The Kat/Hayden cuts during the challenge made me think that Hayden threw it because he thought Kat would be voted out (as she had sat out the challenge.) Tadhana once again voted out someone for the wrong reason. Rachel did nothing to deserve getting the boot. She probably was the closest to the guys and those six could have had a tight bond like 8 Galangs. I don't think Tyson is going to switch and his absence would hurt Galang too much. I thought Katie and Ciera had a good voting strategy, although I can't understand why they didn't try to get Rachel to vote with them. If John had the immunity idol and was going to give it to Rachel, he wouldn't have voted for her. He probably would have voted for Ciera and this would have caused a 2-2 tie between John and Ciera with the latter going to RI. Katie should have been voted out because she couldn't even untie the bags fast enough, which caused Tadhana to fall behind right away. Next week looks interesting. As much as I don't like Colton, I don't want him to quit because I think quitters and med-evacs ruin the show. This is why I stopped watching after Nicaragua. If the reason, he wants to quit is because he misses Caleb (who doesn't seem to miss Colton) he's missing the point. Caleb will not quit. Colton is such a Drama King. I think Tadhana will continue to lose challenges unless Galang throws it to get rid of Colton. The previews suggested that Tyson switches, but I don't think that will be the case. Rachel doesn't want to ruin Tyson's game and the duels this season look like they may be geared more toward women than men.

mcepin3

[4]Sep 26, 2013
    • level: 17

I hope this was Rupert's last time playing the game. Clearly he will never win the game. After he placed that 8th so weird and out of position,it was clear he will go home. Even from get-go he rushed it,when everyone knows,slow and steady wins the race. Laura is now without alliance,so it might really be good for her,if she plays it smart. She could be swing vote and as long it ain't her,she would be in perfect position. I bet Probst regrets forcing him to swap with his wife

When I really start liking Rachel,of course she is next to go. (btw I really "like" John,Brad,Monica and Laura(returnee) now!). They made mistake voting her out. I actually think Tyson will take her place. Vytas is smart,so glad I picked him

Laura(returnee) is a ghost! And since no one cares what she thinks,does or says,she HAS TO SPEAK,even though no one asked her anything. She just jumps in conversation and...ughhh bitch be quiet (think Colton is getting to me now )

If Colton wasn't such a bitch,he could actually be great player. Kat is the only one,who fears him(which is crazy),but Aras,Tyson and few others see through his bs and know they have numbers. Since they didn't vote him out at the very start,if he played under the radar and bite his tounge a bit more,he could go further. Hopefully Caleb doesn't switch places with him. Caleb is in great position. No one sees him as threat atm and he is flying under the radar + he is in alliance with numbers. If Galang will keep winning,I see tribes swapping. Come on Tadhana I wanna see a win from you.

And how do they not know Gervase is not Jarvis?!!?!?

Edit: Forgot this...how tiny is Tina? When she was talking to Gervase,Colton and Aras I couldn't believe,how small she looked. Is she really that tall?

Edited on 09/26/2013 1:29am
    Edited 2 total times.

joepetrizzo7

[5]Sep 26, 2013
    • level: 11
    Something interesting here: Aras tweeted a photo of him and Vytas getting ready to battle in next week's challenge. The photo shows only Monica sitting out the challenge for Galang when they should have to sit out two people. This could indicate that Colton does quit. The photo was also taken down almost immediately.

skbrettbug

[6]Sep 26, 2013

joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    Something interesting here: Aras tweeted a photo of him and Vytas getting ready to battle in next week's challenge. The photo shows only Monica sitting out the challenge for Galang when they should have to sit out two people. This could indicate that Colton does quit. The photo was also taken down almost immediately.

Very interesting. Always a possibility, I hope it is fact

marknmo

[7]Sep 27, 2013
    • level: 12
    Welp, I just wrote a really long reply, and the forum glitches just ate it up, so I'll make a quick summary of what I wrote...

I'm wondering if the photo could also mean that Tyson takes Rachel's place in the duel. I'm not sure I'm doing that math right, but I hope not, cause I like Tyson being around for his sarcasm.

Gervase is a huge disappointment. His reaction in the first episode to winning was ignorant, since he was the cause for his team to almost lose. Then, at the duel, I don't even think he understood still that he was the reason Marissa was voted out. When he decided to not take her place, he told her "take care of your biz." Um, she's on Redemption Island because she's taking care of YOUR biz, you moron!!!

Aras and Vytas are surprisingly growing on me. I didn't like Aras going into this season, but I like them both, cause they're both playing strategically.

Colton had me fooled for the first 40 minutes of the first episode, but now I see he's the same old Colton. He shouldn't be on my screen and he shouldn't be getting all the attention he's getting. I want him to quit, but I want Caleb to stay, cause not only is he cute, but he seems very level-headed, and I like that in the game.

I'm ecstatic that Rupert is first out. He's such a self-martyr, and I just can't stomach his pity parties all the time. Everytime he's on the show, he's nothing but a downer and treats himself like he's this mistreated king of morality. I never got the appeal with him.

John is great eye-candy, but he seems a little smarmy for some reason, so I'm not sure what I think of him, yet.

I'm hating The Bro Show that's going on on the newbie tribe. I've never liked gender-alliances, especially if it's a guys alliance, so I'm not thrilled about what's going on. Plus, while I think doing a vote to affect someone on the other tribe is kinda cool, it seems to be the only thing they're considering when they are going to tribal. Um, guys, your tribe keeps losing despite all of the brawn you have. Perhaps you should weigh the value of the people you are voting out on their own merits and how they affect YOUR tribe instead of thinking about how they affect the OTHER tribe. Pissing one or two people off on the other tribe isn't guaranteed and it certainly isn't going to guarantee you a win at the next challenge.

I'm also really not liking Hayden. I watched his season of BB, and he did the exact same thing there that he's doing here - create a Bro Show and storm your way through every vote with your numbers. It's boring, and it's happening all over again on this show right now. Plus, Hayden himself is as exciting as paint drying. I'm hoping he's gone soon, but given how much I'm seeing the camera focusing on him and Kat, I get the feeling they're going to be around for a good while.

I don't have much to say about the others. They're there. I'm watching. I'm not captivated yet by the cast choices. I'll watch to the end, though.

mcepin3

[8]Sep 27, 2013
    • level: 17

I also have lately problems with forums here and same happened to me. Pure luck,that I pressed button back and it was all still there,so I didn't have to type again Now every time,when I post my comment(when it's long),before I hit submit,I copy what I wrote.

skbrettbug

[9]Sep 27, 2013

I hate these forum glitches so much, especially cause I'm hosting an org haha