TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Survivor E4 One Armed Dude And Three Moms

maritimer00

[1]Oct 9, 2013
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for this episode. Spoilers are allowed.

Well, for Survivor, a fairly hohum episode...the veterans won another IC and the loved ones look set to vote off another woman.

Wait, though, Brad, the self proclaimed "king of the game" saw everything blow up in his face at Tribal...and sputtered his way out. Gotta say, he was humble leaving...maybe a little too much.

Interesting that Caleb, who saw Colton quit in one of the wormiest exits in game history, is stepping up now...should make for good times going forward.

Edited on 10/09/2013 6:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Oct 9, 2013
    • level: 19

I could have sworn that another tie (aka deadlock) was coming. Whoonu?

Anyway...I wanted to see one of the Crazy Casados lose this week, but I guess I'm gonna have to wait. Again.

And finally, Tyson "saves" the day although I predicted his tribe would lose for not sitting him out

joepetrizzo7

[3]Oct 9, 2013
    • level: 10

I actually thought the episode was pretty exciting with a nail-biting finish. The duel was unexciting though. I''m sad to see Marissa go as she was starting to grow on me, but oh well.

We finally got to see some of camp life and survival like Operation Coconut. The one problem, for me, that still remains is that we keep seeing the same few people over and over again. I forgot Kat was even a contestant until she sat out the challenge.

I liked the Immunity Challenge. It was neck-and-neck the whole time but Galang won again. Jeff pointed out that the Culpeppers were dominating, but Laura B. went down three times and did it faster than anyone, apparently.

Ciera and Katie are starting to impress me with their social games, but their physical games need severe improvement. And now Caleb has finally showed up to the game with a good move.

I suspected that Vytas would vote out Brad in the tie breaker to avoid pulling the rocks. I knew Hayden would stay loyal like he did in Big Brother. I like Caleb now, but he's getting too powerful, too fast for his own good. If Tadhana loses again, He would be the swing vote, but Hayden/Vytas and Katie/Ciera could team up and vote him off. We'll have to see.

I hope Tyson is not serious in getting rid of Aras, as he is one of my favorite Survivors ever.

Last note: I don't think Monica will switch with Brad because Brad will insist he fight in RI. He's also too much of a meathead to let a woman take his place.

Edited on 10/09/2013 6:56pm

skbrettbug

[4]Oct 9, 2013

I agree about Caleb. He won't last too long but hey he's not Colton

mcepin3

[5]Oct 10, 2013
    • level: 17

OMG I LOVE YOU CALEB!!! That was among best tribal councils of Survivor. And now you got on RI : Candice,John and Brad !!!!

Shame for Marissa,seemed she would finish after John,but panic got to her or something did. That's why I hate some of the challenges,because other people can look at your progress with puzzle. At least give each contestant their own puzzle or put something between them,so they can't cheat and do it on their own. Yes,same goes for Marissa looking towards John puzzle. I liked and get Candice showing Brad finger,but what followed,she just lost my respect towards her. She still has respect of being in the game and now winning 3 challenges.

Brad did take it like a man and I loved,how they showed Hayden's thinking. Vytas was like "no,I am not gonna vote for you...oh wait,I will vote for you" I think Caleb,Vytas and Hayden will now be power trio or the season 27 three amigos.

Edit:

Oh and Candice saying "taking orders from her man" or something like that,when she was the one,who said to John "let's give clue to Monica". This is just one of the reasons I hate Candice.

Brad was smart to say that to his wife and Monica was smart to do it.

Also liked Coconut Bandits.

Edited on 10/10/2013 7:19am

Colin_Rob_Rock

[6]Oct 10, 2013
    • level: 11

I am happy Brad is out. I hope Tyson does vote out Aras but I don't think he'll get the votes for it. I thinkthe three guys on Tadhana will send the girls to get slaughtered by the Cody's on RI. I don't think Monica will replace Brad on RI their would be no gain. I was hoping they'd give the clue to Tyson because he is the only one who didn't vote Candice out who I don't hate. I thinkthat inCandice's mind her telling John what to do is different then Brad telling Monica what to do, because the Wife telling the Husband what to do is normal. I don't think Brad would have thrown the clue in the fire.Neither would Tyson or Gervase.

mcepin3

[7]Oct 10, 2013

I was thinking...it wasn't in preview,so I guess it won't happen in next episode,but I am thinking,that either a) tribes swap or b) there will be merge soon. Tadhana sucks and is getting demolished one by one,while Galang only lost Rupert,Candice was replaced by Laura B. and Colton quit.

So Galang has 8 left,while Tadhana has 5 left. Either one more episode as tribes loved ones vs. returnees and in 2 weeks from now,there will be merge or they might swap in next episode. I think this is highly unlikely,because they always made this big deal in previews,but the way Tadhana sucks something's gotta give.

I didn't discuss this yet,but I think Monica will take Brad's place. I know,I suck at predicting,always happens other way around,but it just might happen. I hope Brad stays and fight and sends Candice home. I really can't stand her double standards and her.

skbrettbug

[8]Oct 10, 2013
    Tribe swap probably

Colin_Rob_Rock

[9]Oct 11, 2013
    • level: 11

I don't think there will be a tribe swap. It would be against the premise of the season.

skbrettbug

[10]Oct 11, 2013

Idk maybe? Maybe just a shuffle. If Gervase and Tyson moved because their loved ones are done that could work??

mcepin3

[11]Oct 11, 2013

Well you had seasons,where they were split in 4 tribes,even 3 at start and then swapped,merged. On Fans vs Favs you also had swaps,so it would not be first time they do this.

But if tribe swap or shuffle were to happen,it would be for sure in preview,because those kind of things and merge are always in previews.

skbrettbug

[12]Oct 11, 2013
    mcepin3 wrote:

Well you had seasons,where they were split in 4 tribes,even 3 at start and then swapped,merged. On Fans vs Favs you also had swaps,so it would not be first time they do this.

But if tribe swap or shuffle were to happen,it would be for sure in preview,because those kind of things and merge are always in previews.

True, true.

mcepin3

[13]Oct 11, 2013

Anyone watching this After Show with Parvati?

Here's link:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/after-show/?ftag=mktg_ron_sur_aft_1013

I saw it today on this site and I am checking it out now to see,if it's worth my time

skbrettbug

[14]Oct 11, 2013
    mcepin3 wrote:

Anyone watching this After Show with Parvati?

Here's link:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/after-show/?ftag=mktg_ron_sur_aft_1013

I saw it today on this site and I am checking it out now to see,if it's worth my time

Not biggest Parv fan...but maybe I'll watch it

mcepin3

[15]Oct 12, 2013

I watched all 3 episodes and Parvati does great job of this After Show. Basically she has person,who was voted out from latest episode and talks with them about strategy,players,etc. Nothing special,but I liked it and will watch other After Show's as well.