Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Survivor E5 The Dead Can Still Talk

maritimer00

[1]Oct 16, 2013
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for The Dead Can Still Talk episode. Spoliers ARE allowed in this thread.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maritimer00

[2]Oct 16, 2013
    • level: 71
    A solid ep,, in my opin, though I found the IC to be a little simplistic nature. I see they're playing up the Aras and his brother rivalry...foreshadowing a duel when things break into a single person thing late in the season perhaps.

Laura B should have gone home...I'm not sure why Laura M was the better play at this point. Laura M may have more skills to fear but Laura B has the look of a goat that can be dragged to the final TC without fear of losing.

skbrettbug

[3]Oct 16, 2013
    • level: 19
    Go Red Sox!

Yeah I didn't like that at all. Although I would have rather seen Laura M leave than Laura B so I am glad in a way

mcepin3

[4]Oct 17, 2013
    • level: 17

I think this was great episode,because other people got some screen time,not just same faces.

They voted for Laura M.,because of Aras and his play. He knows,how to play game. Laura M. has better chances in RI,because almost every challenge is a puzzle one or involving puzzle,so it makes sense. Though I am not a fan of Laura M., I have mixed feelings about her being voted out. Seems like tribe swap or even merge will happen in next episode,so it won't really matter to keep strong tribe,because they will get mixed up.

Ughh Katie!!! I was eating some snacks and then you show your toenail(s) falling off...blahh

Probst was little too much into challenge on RI...OMG John MISSES ONE PLANK !!! OPENS THE DOOR FOR BRAD,etc. It was at the start of the challenge and that one didn't make that much difference in my eyes. I am glad Candice is gone,but she was a fighter so respect for this.

Lol,lol,lol at Vytas schmoozing up to Caleb. "Oh Caleb you have such nice skin" LOL

Colin_Rob_Rock

[5]Oct 17, 2013
    • level: 11

This season just got even worse. Not only does Candice go home but Brad Survives.

On the other hand I'm happy it took Brad getting voted out for the loved ones to win. And even better Laura M gets voted out. I don't think she deserves to be here. I don't care who loses as long as John Survives. And I don't have to worry about Candice going home anymore.

I hope that at the tribe switch no one ends up on a tribe with their loved one.

On a side note who said the quote?

joepetrizzo7

[6]Oct 17, 2013
    • level: 10
    I think the castaways with loved ones are going to swap tribes so Aras, Tina and Kat will go to Tadhana and Vytas, Katie and Hayden will go to Galang. I think getting rid of Laura M. was good strategy, but poor timing. Galang won a lot of challenges because of her.

Next week's RI looks interesting with three strong competitors. It's really a toss up on who will go home.

skbrettbug

[7]Oct 17, 2013

Fun Fact: This is the first occasion in Survivor that every single contestant who received votes at given Tribal Council had the same first name (6 Laura M, 1 Laura B)

Colin_Rob_Rock

[8]Oct 17, 2013

skbrettbug wrote:

Fun Fact: This is the first occasion in Survivor that every single contestant who received votes at given Tribal Council had the same first name (6 Laura M, 1 Laura B)

I believe you might be wrong. In the first episode of season 11 Guatemala, all the votes were for Jim. All the read votes

skbrettbug

[9]Oct 17, 2013

No, there was one vote for Margaret. i meant every single vote

anthem47

[10]Oct 17, 2013
    • level: 7
    Something I just realised, as much as the loved ones have been failing at challenges, the returnees have actually permanently lost more members now at 3-2 (thanks to Colton, haha). I mean the loved ones have two on redemption and one in another tribe, but yeah as far as actual departures go it's fairly even so far!

mcepin3

[11]Oct 18, 2013
    • level: 17

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

As far as the quote goes,I don't think anyone said the quote. I watched this episode 2x and didn't hear it.

If tribes swapped and no one ends up on a tribe with their loved one,then it would be the same as it is now

Does Laura B. remind you of anyone?? With her statements,like "girl,oh women,girls have rivalries,etc." she reminds me of Amy from The Big Bang Theory I know it's tough for Laura B.,because she is the only one there,who is "fresh meat" on vet tribe and like she said,she heard and saw at least half her tribe being dissapointed,when Rupert swapped with her. But I think people underestimate her. She was great in challenges,she didn't cost them any challenge and at that challenge,where they had to dive down,she was the fastest.

Shame that Tyson and Gervase,who lost their loved one,don't connect with her. Would be cool,if there were a secret alliance going on,like in Fans vs Favs.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[12]Oct 18, 2013

mcepin3 wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

As far as the quote goes,I don't think anyone said the quote. I watched this episode 2x and didn't hear it.

If tribes swapped and no one ends up on a tribe with their loved one,then it would be the same as it is now

I mean Tyson, Kat, Monica go to Tadhana, and Caleb, Hayden go to Galang

skbrettbug

[13]Oct 18, 2013

That would be an optimal neat decision