Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E6 Operation Thunder Dome

maritimer00

[1]Mar 20, 2013
    • level: 71

To be honest, this wasn't as good an episode as I expected. The tribal switch changed the dynamics of the game, for sure, but the immunity challenge was so one sided and the choice as to who goes home seemed apparent right away. I liked Matt but he seemed he was too smart/likable for the majority on his tribe (why him instead of Julia was a bit puzzling given her vapid looks at council/challenges).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EdgeOfThorns316

[2]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 8
    I enjoyed it actually. For me sometimes the way i connect with some players is how i feel id be, and im rooting for Reynold or Eddie, because id be the same type of guy out there....the athletic brute that everyone is gunning for. And so for me, i loved seeing the tribes change up and things go in favor of their team.

Because while i agree brains are important, its just nice to see a team of men totally destroy a challenge. So i loved it....i think the episode was awesome to have a tribal change up, i loved it.

But i agree, why they got rid of matt is ridiculous. They are going to get slaughtered i think worse than any tribe weve seen before, unless it becomes nothing but puzzles perhaps and they just dominate. But overall, i think that tribe is toast.

And im ok with it, im looking towards Reynold, Malcolm, Brenda, Erik, Eddie, to hopefully get pretty far.

mcepin3

[3]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 17

Finally Erik got some screen time! And Probst even talked to Brenda But noooo,why did they vote out Matt!?!?!? I thought from previous episode and it's preview,that Phillip or Corinne will be going out. Of course I want Phillip out,because in this episode I actually liked Corinne and I want her to stay.

And I thought Michael,Matt and Julia were tight and not turn on each other first chance they get. I get it how Eddie and Reynold wanna see Sherri gone and vice versa on Gota,but I thought that those 3 will stick together. It would made perfect sense,that AT LEAST they look for cracks in old Bikal...and ffs,why do EVERYONE follow Phillip so easily? We got StealthRus,you can be number 7 and 8,etc....WTF..this is Survivor(singular),not Survivors(plural)!!!! I believe this was downfall for Matt. He was so quick to turn on one of his own,but didn't think of numbers. And that's what Survivor is...game of numbers. If I was there,I would look for numbers and cracks and wanting to find out,who is in the "bottom" of alliance and make that person my number.

Phillip WTF were you doing!?!??! You gonna waste the whole flint...just stop with craziness. And again,Boston Rob took you to the end in your season. FFS stop talking how well you played the game first time around.

So Malcolm has idol on Gota or no? He was able to take it with him to Gota?

anthem47

[4]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 6

That was the most lopsided shuffle ever. I think they'd be better off picking two people as "captains" and doing a school yard pick, which I think they've done before, to ensure the teams are somewhat even. I just can't see any other outcome but decimation, which will make the next three episodes or so really tiresome. They did merge at 12 once, that might be a possibility if things seem 100 per cent unbalanced.

Anyway, as far as the new Bold and the Beautiful team (to quote Cochrane) goes, Reynold is still a douche. Malcolm has been annoyingly smarmy this season and the preview for next week makes him look even worse Yell Eddie though, I thought it was really interesting what Sherri said about him being different when Reynold isn't around. Outside of those three, Erik and Andrea are great and I have a feeling Sherri will go far. I'm a bit neutral on Brenda. So there's a few people for me to keep tabs on, and hopefully Cochran and Dawn survive to the merge. (I also have Michael and Julia in the pool, so hopefully they survive as well but...not optimistic!)

saylavee

[5]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 18

No Malcolm being an accomplished liar when it comes to women isn't something to be proud to admit on television : | (And yes Mcepin3, he does have his idol, he mentioned he hid it in his buff)

And wow, as soon as I saw those eggs splat I knew it was going to be a horrible switch up. I thought that with Phillip and Matt they would at least have some chance to win, but nope, and now that they voted off Matt for... whatever reason... they need a string of puzzle or luck or trivia based challenges to even have a chance. I don't understand their reasoning for that though? They said they were voting to flush an idol they doubt any of them have in the first place? Or am I missing some logic here?

The preview for next episode seems promising though, unless its as misleading as the last.

mcepin3

[6]Mar 21, 2013

From what I got,they voted Matt off,because old Bikal or StealthRus saw,that Matt and Michael are tighter than Julia and Michael. And nowdays everyone are afraid of strong duo,so they broke it,before it hurts them.Think Cochran pointed it out. Will watch later again and see what is what.

Dfan46

[7]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 15

This episode just didn't do it for me. What was the point in bringing the tribes to a reward challenge site if they weren't going to have the newly formed teams compete in a challenge? I get that they wanted to show the new tribe dynamics but why bother showing a birds eye shot of a challenge that wasn't going to be featured in the episode?

Also, Phillip and Corinne were given way too much airtime for castaways that weren't going home. I enjoy Corinne's quips for the most part (the comment about Julia's voice though was below the belt IMO) but again, how about a sound bite from Dawn every once in a while - I don't think she spoke once at Tribal Council.

Didn't really mind that Matt got the boot, though. He just seemed too mild mannered to make a big move in the game so I think it's for the best. Julia's probably next to go (I know she's not the most charismatic person there, but did anyone else feel bad when she wiped away a tear at TC)?

Cricketman_au

[8]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 10
    The good news in the imbalanced tribes is that if this goes on for several episodes, then the Bikal tribe gets closer and closer to when they finally see the light and dropkick Phillip's crazy ass right out of the game ^_^

EdgeOfThorns316

[9]Mar 22, 2013
    I go back to what ive been saying for a long time, they need to really recast better these days...honestly. They dont cast characters anymore, man i dont know....when i think about previous casts it just feels like they really dont seem to go for people with big personalities. Its almost like the more mild and reserved you are, the better.

Its why i can watch the past seasons over and over again. Seasons recently, while yes i always find Survivor entertaining regardless, dont seem to hold a handle to the old days. Or at least up to the first fans vs favs, after that it just seems like its been the Hantz show, Coach show, and some really bum castaways for the most part. At least to me thats how i feel.

mcepin3

[10]Mar 22, 2013

saylavee wrote:

No Malcolm being an accomplished liar when it comes to women isn't something to be proud to admit on television : | (And yes Mcepin3, he does have his idol, he mentioned he hid it in his buff)

The reason I asked about Hidden Immunity Idol is,because I thought Malcolm and Corinne buried that idol at Bikal camp and that neither tribe was aware that it is tribal mix-up. So as I watched episode,yeah I heard him say,that he got it in his buff,which is smart,because that's where I would hide HII.

Edited on 03/22/2013 5:04am

maritimer00

[11]Mar 22, 2013
    • level: 71
    The thing that bugs me is the tendency they have taken to cast people who are either a) photogenic or b) would make for good conlict/story building even if they're clueless about the show or what goes on. The more provocative and outrageous a person behaves, the more camera time they get...and they know it. I've had my fill of cast members who are bewildered at challenges, bemoan they haven't had chocolate at Tribal or think the season they appear in should be all about them (the Hantzes and Phillip are good examples).

People who are getting turned down to be on the show must be a little disheartened to see who gets recruited and act like idiots on it.

EdgeOfThorns316

[12]Mar 22, 2013

What disheartens me are people like Brandon who can obviously walk from a million bucks, guys like Shamar who was saying he doesnt even care to be there on day one...

I mean really? That is who they cast? It just is frustrating for how many great players we dont get to see because they cast complete idiots.

Edited on 03/22/2013 2:19pm

Cricketman_au

[13]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 10
    I think the reality is that after 26 seasons there is only a small percentage of people willing to put themselves out there for this show. The majority of those still willing are either massively obsessed with the game (ie. Cochran) or want there 15 mins of fame (ie. Phillip or u know, every blonde bimbo, ever)...hey, maybe they shud start casting some internationals?

mcepin3

[14]Mar 23, 2013

Problem with casting is,that they cast based on tapes and looks. Many times happened,that someone was funny on tape and so on,but failed on Survivor...latest example Carter from last season. Probst asked him what happened,that on tape he was funny and all and he just crashed and burned. Hell he was that even on reunion show.

People on tapes act,say and do most crazy things,just to get on show. When they get on show,they follow someone and are complete bitch and have no spine to really play the game. Of course that doesn't apply for every player,but let's say around 70% of them.

Cochran,say what you want,he is playing the game and not afraid to do big moves. I think he was the reason Francesca and Matt got voted out.

Idea of "opening" Survivor internationally is awsome and I wanted this from early seasons. For one,they aren't in even doing this show in America

AdaHui

[15]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 6
    I'm not upset that Matt got voted out, just pissed we have to watch another episode where Phillip goes on another "he's the boss, follow my orders" rant and Corrinne makes snide digs at people during her confessionals. While she had some zingers (I liked the "warm glass of STHU"), she can be so annoying.

I did like the switch although I wish Cochrane and Dawn had ended up with Malcolm. But it seriously looks like Bikal will be completely decimated.

And Malcolm and Reynold bromance brewing?? Should be interesting to see if Reynold sloughs off Eddie now that they aren't in danger of getting voted out (because I'm assuming they'll win more immunity challenges than not) and hangs on to Malcolm.