Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E8 Blindside Time Discussion

maritimer00

[1]Apr 3, 2013
    • level: 71

An interesting episode....the tribes merge and alliance planning gets fervent, to say the least. The immunity challenge win by Cochran was cool to see given the Alpha Male plans.

You get the feeling Corinne is yapping a wee bit too much and it starts to hit home with Cochran and the others. Erik is clueless...geez, didn't he learn anything from his last, legendary missteps?

Corinne goes home in a blindside and then some...next ep, Malcolm thinks he's gonna take charge of the game which, knowing Survivor, may spell him a quick trip to torch snuffing.

Edited on 04/04/2013 7:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AdaHui

[2]Apr 4, 2013
    • level: 6
    Oh boy, am I glad that Corinne is out! As much as I can't stand Phillip, she's just as unbearable. To see her cocky expression wiped off her face was priceless. Thank goodness she's got a big mouth and thought she could take the game over by telling Dawn her plans.

But sadly, unless Malcolm can pull it off, looks like we'll see more of Phillip *sigh*

So happy to see Cochrane win immunity! That boy can eat! I love the Ginger Kobayashi nickname that Malcolm gave him. But those delicacies were disgusting. Reason I could never do Survivor is I would bow out before even trying it.

All in all, interesting episode. Can't wait to see if the strong man alliance (minus Eric) can bounce back. I just don't see Dawn flipping when she was willing to get rid of Corinne. Unless Phillip does something that's so even more detestable than usual?

mcepin3

[3]Apr 4, 2013
    • level: 17

I really started to like Corinne and her comments "like,you're kidding me,right? You didn't really throw the challenge...etc." OMG LOL.

Cochran!!!! Yes,I was rooting for him and had feeling,that he would win it,just at how fast he was swallowing. And then he made his victory dance and all!!! That was even better than win

What I love about this season is,that players play the game. You got Phillip in one corner,thinking he controls the game. Then you got Corinne(well not anymore ),Malcolm,Reynold and so on and they all think they are running the show. I love this,because some people learn later,who really is in control Sadly to say this,only 2 on outs seems to be,are Erik and Brenda. NOOO,I love Erik and if his plan is to win immunity challenges,I hope it works out for him. And Brenda is also cool,sexy and she is complete 180 from her season. MORE OF THOSE 2 FFS! But some of the scenes and tone of episode,you can tell,who is going home. When Corinne finally said at tribal"waiting to get punched in face",that was like dead give away she is goner.

From Phillip,like we didn't have enough of him already,he really "wants" to play like Boston Rob. He keeps acting based on how BR would react. Thing is,BR could do those things and get votes. Phillip just rubs people the wrong way.

Dawn made great case for herself and it was great to see more of her thinking. I had no idea she had 6 kids. That messes with your head in game,because you wanna provide for your kids. And also insight on some of decisions she makes. Like last time,she didn't play game and was burned at merge.So she has regrets it seems from first time around.

Sherri surprised me. For Shamar,she was like"he's my Phillip",but for Phillip she said she can't stand and wants him out. Ok,I am all for this thing to happen,but only thing I could think of,is that Shamar doesn't do nothing and doesn't talk much,where Phillip talks all the time and that's why she wants him out.

Wasn't this episode 8?

anthem47

[4]Apr 4, 2013
    • level: 6

That's a shame, I think I liked her more than Phillip. That's not saying much though! And I completely understand Dawn's reasoning, it's good to see them reflecting on their past performances and actually doing something different.

Awesome to see Cochran win that challenge, he was a beast at it!

I think Corinne was pushing too far by telling Dawn. She had Malcolm, Eddie, Reynold, Michael, Erik, I assume Sherri...with her that's 7, that's all she needed. Bringing Dawn in was just greedy. Oh and someone should have had a proper conversation with Erik, he may not have made the decision he did with some more guidance.

The previews look good though, hopefully Malcolm's plans make some waves. The future of this season feels very bright, Reynold, Malcolm, Phillip are all sort of centres of power (I would have included Corinne before this episode), and people like Dawn, Cochran, Andrea, Michael and Sherri are a lot more than just pawns. Eddie, Erik and Brenda are a bit low key at the moment but you never know...Erik is the only one I really expect to be a bit invisible. And one out of 11 makes for a pretty good season!

saylavee

[5]Apr 4, 2013
    • level: 18

And as each episode passes, my hatred of Phillip grows. Like, Corrine was annoying too, but she probably would have been a bit more tolerable if Phillip left and her screen time didn't majorly consist of how she find him annoying and plots to get him out.

If only she didn't tell Dawn.

But they are saying that Erik never talks strategy with others, well then why don't they just go talk to him more often? That can stop him from being the swing vote. Oh Erik I was expecting more of you this season. And more of Brenda too. Guess we can't have everything thing we want.

Though I have noticed that the amount of screen time the favorites are getting is starting to balance out. STARTING. As the spotlight hogs are leaving (Brendan, Corrine... hopefully Phillip soon) the others are getting more time. Like Malcolm for instance didn't have much in the beginning comparatively but is getting a lot now. Same with Dawn. Can't really say much for the fans though because they all had pretty much equal time when they were their own tribe.

Also, congrats Cochran! He was amazing at that challenge! I personally wouldn't have eaten the duck fetus.

EdgeOfThorns316

[6]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 8
    She got greedy, there was no need to tell Dawn and try and get even more votes.

She had her numbers, all she had to do was get rid of sherri...or i dont know WHY they wouldnt use that chance to get rid of philip, that was the moment right there.

Its a good season though, really enjoying it. I am hoping that from the looks of next week that Eddie gets on the in with Andrea and she swings a bit, which would help further Eddie and Reynold.

dreaddy

[7]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 3

What a blindside! Priceless the way Corinne's expression changed from gloating to horror. Thanks to Dawn and Corinne's big mouth, this was the classic blindside. In all my years of watching this show I've never seen the power-person with the numbers being blindsided. Have you? As much as Philip is unbearable, Corinne was razing my nerves the wrong way with her bragging and condescending attitude to the others. Loved the way some returning players are being smarter. Corinne confided in Dawn most likely because she saw Dawn as the same docile "I'll go along with whatever you say" person. Dawn is determined not to repeat her mistakes of the last time. And she apparently went to the right person in the right order. Approach Cohran first and he realized what will happen down the road if he doesn't make a move then. Brenda is a lot quieter and wiser too and fell in with the plan. Philip will be all for it if it means torching Corinne. Erik was the wildcard but was smart enough to see what will happen down the road if he doesn't do this blindside. Sherri knows which way the wind is blowing. Loved the editing which had the last votes all going to Corinne. That is why this game is never boring; as long as it remains unpredictable. Except for Boston Rob's strangle hold on that game, whenever someone thinks he/she is running things the blind-side cometh. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

maritimer00

[8]Apr 8, 2013
    I think the first Fans/Favorites where "King" Ozzy got blindsided may have been the best for sheer shock...the odd thing is Ozzy and Corinne both shared similar natures prior to the moment of torch snuffing.

I'd say one of the Fave's are going to win this season judging by the events so far but things can change in a hearbeat this time.

dreaddy

[9]Apr 9, 2013
    • level: 3
    I think this blindside was the biggest because Corinne fancied herself the mastermind (mistress mind?) of this supposed power alliance. She supposed she had the numbers to lead a revolt against the old Favorites alliance. I know Dawn is the one to start the counter-revolt. She told Cochran first. Was he the one who suggested they target Corinne or did Brenda? Brilliant move. What was surprising was the way the others (Brenda, Andrea, and Phillip) readily agreed to make this move (Phillip had his own personal axe to grind). It was the smart thing to do. Besides, Phillip had already planted a seed in their heads about Corinne's bond with Michael and her reluctance to let him go. So deciding to shaft her before she did them wasn't a bad decision at all. Now what would the reaction of the renegade alliance be? They should start targeting Malcolm since he was willing to migrate to another alliance. He'll try to talk his way back into the original alliance now that his rebel group was shafted. I'm not sure who if anyone is in charge of the Fans alliance now. Is it Cochran? Dawn is contented to move behind the scenes which is wise. Last time she was targeted because she is so likable. Brenda is being very wise this time around. She's not snuggling up with anyone and is just watchful and so far, making the right decisions. Andrea is cautious and much wiser. There are very few immunity challenges that Cochran can win and this was one. I was so glad he won. Then he wisely defused his celebrating by apologizing for his exuberance, but I think the others understood it as a once in a lifetime chance for him and were not going to take offense to it. However, in his private conversations with the cam, Cochran is coming across as being arrogant and contemptuous of the others. This might result in a downturn of his likability meter with the audience. Looking forward to Wednesday.

mcepin3

[10]Apr 10, 2013

Corinne did have the numbers. Corinne,Malcolm,Michael,Eddie,Reynold,Erik(yes he was wild card).

They had Dawn,Cochran,Phillip,Andrea,Sherri...don't remember,where Brenda was.

So let's do this scenario:

Favs wanted out either Eddie or Reynold. If Phillip,Dawn,Cochran,Andrea,Brenda and Sherri thought,that Corinne,Malcolm and Erik and also Michael are voting with them on splitting the vote,then if those 4 "flipped"/went with their own plan,then it changes numbers from 10 people voting againts 2 and spliting those votes,so each would get 5...changes to 6 people voting either 3-3 split or any number below 6,because I think Corinne and Malcolm would make sure,that they split votes,so that when those flip,they come out with numbers and vote of Sherri.

I know it is probably confusing what I wrote and how I wrote it Point is,if Corinne didn't tell Dawn,then Sherri would be the one going out.

EdgeOfThorns316

[11]Apr 10, 2013
    • level: 8

Exactly, thats why i said she got greedy with it. She thought she was going to simply plaster Sherri outa the game and was so pumped about the move. When she had the numbers and didnt even need Dawn.

Although, Dawn is starting to bug me with how fast she just flutters off to tell people things.

Edited on 04/10/2013 12:07pm

maritimer00

[12]Apr 10, 2013
    Did Dawn flitter off to spill the beans...or did she sense that in the big scheme of things, she'd be targeted by Corinne at some point after Corinne dispatched targets 1 and 2? Dawn's stated concern was she wanted to control her own fate unlike her past season..that, and the paranoia that creeps into the game bout now with everybody.

mcepin3

[13]Apr 10, 2013

Yeah,like maritimer00 said, Dawn was afraid of history repeating itself. She made her case,that she got burned in her season at merge,when she got information about Cochran flipping and not doing anything. So this time around,she made sure she is on the right side of numbers,like Cochran said to Andrea...that if they end up on the wrong side,they are done. What bugs me about her,that other thing. She went to Phillip about Julia just like that. This I get,but Julia was threat to no one and Julia would've worked with Dawn,because she said,she would vote for Phillip.

AncientEgypt

[14]Apr 10, 2013
    • level: 1

I have to admit

Andrea and Phillip are growing on me

Andrea played a Wise game by playing it safe during this week

She change the vote from Malcolm to Reynolds

Very wise move Andrea

Phillip Played a Excellent Tactician game by applying a lot of Pressure on Malcolm during

Tribal Council! The funny thing is, Phillip said, that whomever will flip, they will be drawn out!

Malcolm was Drawn out

excellent tactic