Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E8 Skin Of My Teeth discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]Nov 6, 2013
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Skin Of My Teeth episode. Spoilers are allowed.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Nov 6, 2013
    • level: 19
    Go Red Sox! WS champs for 1 wk

So Laura M returns not happy about that but Vytas wins immunity to even it out

skbrettbug

[3]Nov 6, 2013
    Aras

maritimer00

[4]Nov 6, 2013
    • level: 71
    Aras leaving was foreshadowed during last week so not a huge surprise.

Tyson finding the HII..honestly, they don't even try and hide the darn things now. With Tyson having one, he might be able to coast to final four if he uses it smartly unlike past seasons.

skbrettbug

[5]Nov 6, 2013
    maritimer00 wrote:
    Aras leaving was foreshadowed during last week so not a huge surprise.

Tyson finding the HII..honestly, they don't even try and hide the darn things now. With Tyson having one, he might be able to coast to final four if he uses it smartly unlike past seasons.

Oh Tyson, please don't screw up (again)

joepetrizzo7

[6]Nov 6, 2013
    • level: 9
    Does Caleb even still exist? I think he fell into a black hole. In the previews for next week, Tina says "that's five jury votes you won't get" but Aras/Vytas/Tina/Katie is only four so I wonder who the other is. Aras was one my favorites of all time, but it was foolish of him to not even suspect he could be voted off. Next week's gross food challenge probably will be difficult for Gervase/Tina as my memory tells me they both lost a gross food challenge for their tribes in Borneo/Australia. It appears Tina will be next to go, although Tyson is obviously getting too powerful and could be in for a blindside.

skbrettbug

[7]Nov 6, 2013
    joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    Does Caleb even still exist? I think he fell into a black hole. In the previews for next week, Tina says "that's five jury votes you won't get" but Aras/Vytas/Tina/Katie is only four so I wonder who the other is. Aras was one my favorites of all time, but it was foolish of him to not even suspect he could be voted off. Next week's gross food challenge probably will be difficult for Gervase/Tina as my memory tells me they both lost a gross food challenge for their tribes in Borneo/Australia. It appears Tina will be next to go, although Tyson is obviously getting too powerful and could be in for a blindside.

Wait there's a Caleb this season? Or a Hayden?

dragonradar

[8]Nov 6, 2013
    • level: 11

joepetrizzo7 wrote:

I think she's assuming Monica is with them still...

I agree about Aras not even considering the possibility of being voted off was very careless.

Hayden's plan about the 3 couples should've been considered. It was a mutual benefit to the couples. I guess Laura and Aras had too much bad blood to even consider it.

I feel like Hayden is going to win it just because he didn't po anyone.. I think this was how he won Big Brother.. and I think that's a shame. All the chiefs are getting voted first while the indians are going to coast.

mcepin3

[9]Nov 7, 2013
    • level: 16

Ok,that preview from Tina just pissed me off. Like she runs the game. She is there by pure luck. If Tadhana didn't suck at challenges,I think Tina would be out by now. Tyson is playing great game,maybe his best yet. On finding HII...it's not like he found it without clues. He had all the clues,was smart and found it. I don't mind it,if HII is found with clues,I hate it,when people find it without clues.

Vytas won indivudal challenge !!! Woot. Shame for Aras,I hoped Laura M. will be gone. Tina and Katie voted for Ciera,Vytas and Aras voted for Laura and I think the rest voted for Aras. I think core alliance is Tyson,Gervase,Caleb,Hayden and Ciera. Rest just think they are "in"

Ciera doesn't want her mother there and neither do I. Ciera will only suffer,because of her and Laura M. is too blind to see,how destructive she is to Ciera. She runs her mouth too much,no one wants her there and she presents threat with Ciera. Sooner Laura M. is gone,better chances for Ciera to make it to the end. Why did you lose John? I was actually rooting for you. And how stupid was Laura M. to throw clue into fire. YOU ARE ON OUTS WITH EVERYONE,MIGHT AS WELL TAKE THE CLUE or give it to someone.

anthem47

[10]Nov 7, 2013
    • level: 6
    I feel sorry for the props guy who makes those clues! He's like "hey I singed the edges of the scroll and everything..."

I had a feeling the moment John kicked his shoes off he wasn't going to go well. While I think it's easier to step on the edges with just your toes so I get why, it would start to hurt pretty quickly without protection, and you've got less grip for the surface of the pole. On the other hand, someone like Ozzy would probably do it barefoot and find it easier, who knows. (I know one thing, shoes off but socks still on is the worst option altogether.)

skbrettbug

[11]Nov 7, 2013
    anthem47 wrote:
    I feel sorry for the props guy who makes those clues! He's like "hey I singed the edges of the scroll and everything..."

Nuff said

mcepin3

[12]Nov 7, 2013

So we have 11 people left. Is it gonna be 8 jury 3 finals or is it gonna be 7 jury 2 finals? It's probably gonna be 3 people in finals with 8 jury members,right?

I watched After Show and John said,why he kept giving clue to Monica. He said,that he knew she will burn it everytime and he didn't want to upset any other player,if he comes back into game + it made him only person with clues to HII. Was some logic behind afterall,my mistake on thinking it's all Candice

Colin_Rob_Rock

[13]Nov 7, 2013
    • level: 10

I start of with this. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jooooooooooohhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Why did you lose. That just hurt. I knew the episode wasn't going to get any worse. And I was right so happy Aras is gone hated him his first time. He doesn't know how to play the game. I mean in 12 everyone just stayed loyal to him because he expected them to. He didn't even consider that heandhis brother would be seen as a threat. I think Laura will be blindsided soon. Tina's comment toMonica was just idiotic. Youdon't tell someone they are fifth.What worriesme isthat Aras might do well on RI because he's calm and won't panic. I think the burning of the clues is so stupid. I'm happy Tyson found the Idol. I don't understand how people can mess up on that Immunity challenge it is so easy.

skbrettbug

[14]Nov 7, 2013
    I would never burn a clue. Too bad John left

mcepin3

[15]Nov 7, 2013

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I start of with this. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jooooooooooohhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Why did you lose. That just hurt. I knew the episode wasn't going to get any worse. And I was right so happy Aras is gone hated him his first time. He doesn't know how to play the game. I mean in 12 everyone just stayed loyal to him because he expected them to. He didn't even consider that heandhis brother would be seen as a threat. I think Laura will be blindsided soon. Tina's comment toMonica was just idiotic. Youdon't tell someone they are fifth.What worriesme isthat Aras might do well on RI because he's calm and won't panic. I think the burning of the clues is so stupid. I'm happy Tyson found the Idol. I don't understand how people can mess up on that Immunity challenge it is so easy.

I rewatched Panama season and forogt how funny it was. Brought back same feelings I had. Aras in first episode is like some punk,looking all puffed up,when 4 tribes stand there,but he is that just in start...though I didn't like him in that season,but didn't hate him also. Aras was lucky that season,because Shane and Cirie were there. I think few were afraid of Shane and that helped to keep tribe strong and united. Also great for Aras was Terri. Because all focus was on him,Casaya didn't really target Aras. They threw his name around,but it never really came down to him.

I think he truly thought,that he has numbers on his side this time also,but even if he knew he was gonna be target,what could have he done?

I hope Laura M. is gone next or Tina or Monica. And what did Tina do,that she is worthy or would be worthy of final four? When she told Monica,that she won't be 6th,but 5th I thought this must be some joke. After this episode I really started hating her,because the size of the "balls" on that one...wow. Does she think,because she is in game still with her loved one,she is better or more deserving than others? That those without loved ones,should fall under and before those with loved ones? I hope she gets a nasty blindside,because this ain't Australian Outback.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[16]Nov 7, 2013

mcepin3 wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I rewatched Panama season and forogt how funny it was. Brought back same feelings I had. Aras in first episode is like some punk,looking all puffed up,when 4 tribes stand there,but he is that just in start...though I didn't like him in that season,but didn't hate him also. Aras was lucky that season,because Shane and Cirie were there. I think few were afraid of Shane and that helped to keep tribe strong and united. Also great for Aras was Terri. Because all focus was on him,Casaya didn't really target Aras. They threw his name around,but it never really came down to him.

I think he truly thought,that he has numbers on his side this time also,but even if he knew he was gonna be target,what could have he done?

I hope Laura M. is gone next or Tina or Monica. And what did Tina do,that she is worthy or would be worthy of final four? When she told Monica,that she won't be 6th,but 5th I thought this must be some joke. After this episode I really started hating her,because the size of the "balls" on that one...wow. Does she think,because she is in game still with her loved one,she is better or more deserving than others? That those without loved ones,should fall under and before those with loved ones? I hope she gets a nasty blindside,because this ain't Australian Outback.

Yeah all the focus was on Terry and he just coasted.

How could he think that Tyson spent all that time trying to make Aras look bad after the switch.

Tina is seen as a non-threat because she sucks at challenges and anyone would beat her in the final this time unless they start acting like Russell. Or are crazy like 5 people on Australia.

Dfan46

[17]Nov 7, 2013
    • level: 15

This is completely random, but did anyone find it odd that Laura B. was ushered out first from the RI duel before John despite lasting longer than him? Was Jeff just beside himself and needed that extended exchange with Dr. Cody before letting another alpha leave the game?

Edited on 11/07/2013 5:10pm

joepetrizzo7

[18]Nov 7, 2013
    • level: 9
    I think Tina meant that Monica was the fifth in the alliance and not fifth as in the bottom person but she phrased it poorly. I was surprised that Monica didn't think she was on the bottom before because a few episodes back the alliance was Tina/Gervase/Aras/Tyson. When Brad was being attacked by the RI people, Monica bonded with Tina and Tyson who then plain as day told her that the those four were aligned and she could be their fifth to control the majority votes.

skbrettbug

[19]Nov 7, 2013
    Strange Sam, probgably that John was more charismatic

Colin_Rob_Rock

[20]Nov 7, 2013

I also noticed that Sam.I think that he left the more touching eviction for later.