Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor One World Go Out With a Bang Discussion

Who will get 9th?

UnovaChampion

[1]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 17
    Screw you Jay, just screw you. Tarzan and Troyzan are the smartest guys left. Wow.

Everything rests in Troyzan's hands now though. He can overthrow them if he gets both Christina and Alicia.

But then still, Kim would have an idol. >_>

So yea, the rest of the season will play out rather boringly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RealityFan2686

[2]Apr 11, 2012
    • level: 30

I have lost faith in this season, and the sad thing is, I wanted Kim and Chelsea to do well in the beginning but now, I'm not so sure because I don't exactly agree with their voting strategy. When all the men get voted out, and there is an all female final 3, there's gonna be a jury full of hateful, vengefulmen. Obviously they're gonna have to vote off some females at some point and that's when they'll turn on each other.

Tina

anthem47

[3]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 6

I thought Jay would be next to go but not quite like that. It's a weird season, this episode it felt like one moment Jay was completely aware of how they were being played and the next he's telling Kim about Troy's idolYellGet it together! Both Jay and Troy seemed afraid to burn their bridges completely, like they were only 90% sure they were being played and didn't want to commit to anything. How that could happen after what happened with Mike, I'll never know.

What threw me was the voting, it was all over the place.

Voted Jay: Kim, Tarzan, Sabrina, Christina, Alicia.

Voted Kim: Troy.

Voted Troy:Kat, Chelsea.

Voted Alicia: Jay, Leif.

From this I assume Tarzan is still trying to slide into the alliance as if the girls will just think he was always there. Jay and Leif got stuck one step behind, still voting with the old block. Troy voting on his own for the hell of it. (I notice if Christina or Alicia had any notion of where they stood in the scheme of things,this split vote would be the perfect time for them to switch (also it's funny those two always get mentioned as a pair given where we were three episodes ago)).

A more workable plan might have been to actually get the four guys on one page (unlikely), get Jay to tell Kim Troy has an idol and will play it, then give it to Jay and get him to play it, so split vote or not you'd have your four votes for Kim, scatter the alliance a little. Doesn't give you a majority but you're one step closer (possibly get Christina in on it, or Alicia). Or better than idol trading, get Jay to attempt to win the challenge rather than stepping off for food, sigh.

Long post, I know. If my country had Survivor I would have applied by now Tongue outMy verdict:the girls deserve top 6 if only because the guys are all over the place and have no clue what's going on.

(Oh back on Tarzan for one second. He says "I think the alliance that I know of is going to strengthen and the faith will be restored and there will be a powerhouse that will take them to the end, if people just do what they say they were going to do before we got here" - and then he votes with the girls? Was that speech complete misdirection or is "the alliance" the girls and "the powerhouse" Kim? I'm trying to figure out if he's throwing in a "me too" vote as if they'll take him on board, or if he really was in on the plan in some fashion).

Edited on 04/12/2012 6:40am

EdgeOfThorns316

[4]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 8
    Jay summed this season up when he said "well someones going to go home, but i sure hope its not me"...

Its like WOW why dont you PLAY the game and ensure its not you.

Lame, i mean heres my question. Is it the casting? Or is Suvivor officially broken to where people simply feel going with the flow is the only way to win this game and nobody trys to work a gameplan? I feel its broken, they need to figure a way for the game to not be so cut and dry in terms of getting rid of stronger players.

Like they need to figure a way that makes people realize that you NEED a strong member down the road. What i feel is they need to do challenges that revolve around perhaps "two people" as a team. Maybe start offering double immunity.

And basically you dont want a weak partner, you would want that stronger player with you during those challenges. So this way it gives them value.

See thats the problem, if youre an athletic guy, the game has come to the point where youre not needed. People dont care if they lose challenges anymore, they figure long as they arent being voted then so what. The game needs to figure out a way to make stronger players important somewhere down the end of the game so people dont just say "hes athletic, hes a threat, goodbye".

The irony is t his though, most of the time these athletic guys dont win challenges. Those days are gone when you had talented players like Ozzy or Colby make a serious run at challenges, most of these guys suck at them.

ArtistUnknown

[5]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 2
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:

The irony is t his though, most of the time these athletic guys dont win challenges. Those days are gone when you had talented players like Ozzy or Colby make a serious run at challenges, most of these guys suck at them.

Seriously. I had hopes for a Troy immunity run when the merge first started, but he's been doing awful at them so far. Jay won a non-physical one (sort of), and Leif was extra close to winning this one. It's why I didn't understand the thought process behind Jonas (and then pretty much everyone else last week) gunning for Michael. His one point was "You don't want a strong dude like that around, do you?" and then expected everyone else to agree that he's a physical threat - a term that doesn't even mean anything anymore. The challenges that are physical are usually dominated by the underdogs (unless it's that "See how many weights you can hold up before you give in" challenge), and the challenges that aren't are or are a combination of physical and mental are just all over the place. It's got to the point where if you have abs then you're immediately deemed a "physical threat" and you'll probably be voted out over nothing.

Moving on... the next few episodes are gonna be a bore unless Troy hits a sweet Fabio-like immunity run. If Troy can get immunity and then have Tarzan and Leif convince a few people that they're dead-weight and should be kept over people like Kim (I mean... it worked for Tarzan before), then maybe the guys have a chance at a comeback. Though the second Troy heads to Tribal without that necklace around him... he may as well just hand Jeff he's torch then and there. The girls turning on each other will be a bore too; Chelsea and Alicia will obviously be the first gone, unless extreme paranoia sets in. Right now, it just looks like it's Kim's game to lose, because no one else is smart enough to formulate a decent plan besides her (which is sad, because she's not even doing anything that good).

Taylorg8

[6]Apr 12, 2012
    • level: 13
    How is Kim not doing anything good? She convinced Troyzan to vote out Mike by telling him a lie. That's pretty good. She has been convincing everyone she is with them and they always believe her. Troy is the only one smart enough to realize this. Something big could have happened if Jay wasn't such a bad player! He just had to tell Kim about Troy's plan! I'm excited for the next episode. I hope Troy wins immunity and convinces others to vote out one of the girls. If not, the rest of the season will be a little boring. I still really like Kim, but hope she doesn't completely dominate the rest of the season.

EdgeOfThorns316

[7]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 8
    Taylorg8 wrote:
    How is Kim not doing anything good? She convinced Troyzan to vote out Mike by telling him a lie. That's pretty good. She has been convincing everyone she is with them and they always believe her. Troy is the only one smart enough to realize this. Something big could have happened if Jay wasn't such a bad player! He just had to tell Kim about Troy's plan! I'm excited for the next episode. I hope Troy wins immunity and convinces others to vote out one of the girls. If not, the rest of the season will be a little boring. I still really like Kim, but hope she doesn't completely dominate the rest of the season.

Oh i agree Taylor that Kim is doing good, i think my beef is that Survivor seems to come down to one player mainly that dominates the game. I think wed all agree on the past where there were a handful of people smart enough to catch on and made moves.

Im just sort of tired of how you get guys like Jay, and some of the guys last season...that sit around and end up doing nothing but getting picked off one by one.

Taylorg8

[8]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 13
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    Taylorg8 wrote:

Oh i agree Taylor that Kim is doing good, i think my beef is that Survivor seems to come down to one player mainly that dominates the game. I think wed all agree on the past where there were a handful of people smart enough to catch on and made moves.

Im just sort of tired of how you get guys like Jay, and some of the guys last season...that sit around and end up doing nothing but getting picked off one by one.

I agree that only one player has been dominating the past couple seasons. I was just mad that someone said Kim wasn't doing anything that good. Too bad Troyzan sort of caught on to her plan a little too late. I guess it didn't matter though because there wouldn't have been any chance of convincing Jay what was happening. I hope Troy can win immunity a few times to make things a little fun to watch.