Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor One World I'm No Dummy Discussion

How much longer does Troy have?

UnovaChampion

[1]Apr 18, 2012
    • level: 17
    WHY?!

We see unimportant Leif go home and Troyzan lays out something intelligent for the men and the bottom of the girl alliance.

And then they all still listen to Kim. Except for Leif. Kudos to him actually finally trying to do something, even though it didn't work because of Tarzan.

I guess I'm glad Troy stuck it out, wonder if he'll have that luck next week too. If he can win, maybe that cat fight in the preview will actually lead to a successful girl elimination.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kb8618

[2]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 1

OMG, Tarzan is officially dumber than Kat. His last chance to save himself is next week, but best case will be a tie. I hope Troyzan makes it to the end, but he'll be out the 1st chance he girls get.

Edited on 04/18/2012 11:28pm

EdgeOfThorns316

[3]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 8
    Biggest bunch of idiots on this show ever, not being funny or trying to over react....seriously the stupidest bunch of people hands down i have ever witnessed on Survivor.

And im going to love every second of when like clockwork what Troy said comes true, next with Tarzans dumb ass and then christina and Alicia. Such a lost oppurtunity.

marknmo

[4]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 12
    Yeah, this season is just terrible. Troyzan wasn't making any friends at all last night when he was getting in the girls' faces, but he laid out a completely logical reason as to why those five people needed to band together to further their own games, and all but Lief was too chicken/passive to do it. What do they think is gonna happen if any of them make it to the end? You have to have done SOMETHING to be noticed by the jury and awarded that $1,000,000 prize, but not a single one of these fools is willing to do anything to step out of line of Kim and her bunch's master plan.

I hated this season when Colton was running the show, then we he was evacuated, I was ecstatic at the prospect of a "new" chance for the season to shine. However, that was extinguished almost immediately with voting off Jonas and then the rest of the guys going one by one due to the entire tribe being sheep aside from Troyzan and Kim.

Also, it really ticks me off that they're keeping Tarzan over so many of these other well-deserving people. It would irk me so much to be on the jury right now seeing Tarzan progress through the game, just because he's so unlikable and does nothing for the tribe. Given the magnitude of the majority's proportion over the minority here (girls vs guys), I can't believe that with only Tarzan and Lief to choose from, they still chose Lief to go.

Unless if a miracle happens now and Troyzan makes it to the final three, then this season is going to be a complete bust from beginning to end, with the only shining moment being Coltan's exit. I don't even look forward to watching each week's episodes anymore, and that's pretty darn rare for me since I love Survivor. I would actually say I dread watching the episodes this season.

lost

[5]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 4

I agree with you guys. I hate how everyone except Troyzan just follows Kim. They aren't doing anything to help make a case for themselves to deserve the million dollars, especially Christina and Alicia. Their not even in the core four of the girls alliance. They need to make a move and switch to Troy's side quick before the girls pick them off one by one. I really hope that Troy makes it all the way to the final three or this season will just suck.

EdgeOfThorns316

[6]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 8
    marknmo wrote:
    Yeah, this season is just terrible. Troyzan wasn't making any friends at all last night when he was getting in the girls' faces, but he laid out a completely logical reason as to why those five people needed to band together to further their own games, and all but Lief was too chicken/passive to do it. What do they think is gonna happen if any of them make it to the end? You have to have done SOMETHING to be noticed by the jury and awarded that $1,000,000 prize, but not a single one of these fools is willing to do anything to step out of line of Kim and her bunch's master plan.

I hated this season when Colton was running the show, then we he was evacuated, I was ecstatic at the prospect of a "new" chance for the season to shine. However, that was extinguished almost immediately with voting off Jonas and then the rest of the guys going one by one due to the entire tribe being sheep aside from Troyzan and Kim.

Also, it really ticks me off that they're keeping Tarzan over so many of these other well-deserving people. It would irk me so much to be on the jury right now seeing Tarzan progress through the game, just because he's so unlikable and does nothing for the tribe. Given the magnitude of the majority's proportion over the minority here (girls vs guys), I can't believe that with only Tarzan and Lief to choose from, they still chose Lief to go.

Unless if a miracle happens now and Troyzan makes it to the final three, then this season is going to be a complete bust from beginning to end, with the only shining moment being Coltan's exit. I don't even look forward to watching each week's episodes anymore, and that's pretty darn rare for me since I love Survivor. I would actually say I dread watching the episodes this season.

Yea, i mean where did they think they were going with that...they werent even voting with kim and them, how in the world did they not see it as an oppurtunity.

I dont get it..is it the casting? I mean or is peoples mentality simply broken on that show and making moves they feel will get them off in the long run? I dont understand it is all and why its been like this as of late, where are the "players" of Survivor in terms of casting?

Im the same Mark, its rare for me to not really be excited. You know im just a stickler to a lot of things, even just how they dont even give us the opening entrance theme video anymore, the poor casting, all of it is really for some reason getting bothersome.

Every show opens up except Survivor now. The whole show just feels lost to me.

anthem47

[7]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 6

Yeah that was a disappointing ending. Troy was one of the first players in ages who actually listed the boot order exactly as it appears to us with our awareness of all goings on. Tarzan in that one scene even said it along with him without any prompting, it's that obvious! His plan was perfect, it was exactly what I've been thinking. I can only assume this means that Christina and Alicia are genuinely confused about where they are in that alliance. Though to top it off, Tarzan didn't vote for Kim either, so he would have singlehandedly destroyed the plan and revealed the hands of Christina and Alicia, so in that sense I suppose they made the right move.

In fact that's been a pattern with Tarzan for weeks, I just have no clue what he's doing. I mean he voted for Leif! He can't have been in on a split vote, since the other half of the split was him! But then if he didn't vote Leif we would have had a tie. Not sure if it's a me-too vote or if he's in the girl alliance to some degree we're not being shown.

Re: the casting, something is going wrong that's for sure. I thought Leif's exit speech was interesting in that way actually. He talked about how one of the number one things he wanted to do was "being able to sleep under the stars and really just take it all in". Dude, go camping, you don't need Survivor to do that. His number one thing wasn't even Survivor game related at all. Then later he said "it kind of feels like it was coming sooner or later. I definitely gave it my all". You knew it was coming and you did nothing about it!

What I'm getting at is I think there are still a sizable group of people who either join for the outdoors, survival aspects without really understanding how the game works, or people who get the gist of the game but join "for the experience" and never really have any expectation or plan for winning.

On a side note, I was talking to a co-worker about how much I love Survivor once and she was like "oh do you like Bear Grylls?" I was thinking "I think you're confused about how the show works". I think people like Tarzan are in that crowd.

EDIT: Not to imply I don't enjoy the survival aspects of the show, for what they are, it's a good element. But I think ideally you want to cast people who are gamers first, survivalists second, or the game just falls apart. So I don't blame people for coming in with that attitude, I blame production for putting them in in the first place.

Edited on 04/20/2012 4:01am