Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Season 27 Blood vs Water Speculation/Discussion

EdgeOfThorns316

[1]May 12, 2013
    • level: 8

Ahhh, my favorite part of Survivor...getting info on the NEXT Survivor, I love the feeling knowing a new season is around the corner. So what are you guys thinking?

My wife and I are trying to figure it out, I caught wind of a few possible returning members including Aras, Terry, Natalie, Tyson....etc...but honestly im not really excited about Natalie or Tyson, I would love to see Terry back though.

But with it being a family edition, im trying to think if they would do 5 returning players with their family members on one tribe, and the same deal on the other tribe?

Or are we looking at 10 returning members on one tribe with 10 of their family members on the other tribe?

Or are we looking at 5 returning members with 5 family members on one tribe, and 10 all new players on the other?

What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maritimer00

[2]May 12, 2013
    • level: 71
    I've read where it'll be split between returning cast for one tribe and their relations on other.

As long as they don't bring back people that would make good "stories", I'd be looking forward to it.

dragonradar

[3]May 13, 2013
    • level: 11

I would assume just one tribe with pairs (family) vs pairs best friends type of thing. I don't know if this would be a good idea though. Unless they play as a pair. I hope I'm so wrong about this though.

anthem47

[4]May 13, 2013
    • level: 7

I'm fascinated by how this could play out. I get the whole "blood is thicker than water" allusion, but blood vs water seems to imply...testing the bonds of family versus the bonds of friendship? So that's, assuming back to a 16 player season, eight pairs of either family pairs or friend pairs. I'm just not sure if you split the pairs across tribes and then watch the awkwardness after the merge, or have four pairs per tribe. Or maybe the testing of family vs friendships means eight family pairs, and the friendship testing is about the friendships you make during the game?

Where returning players would fit into the equation is interesting.

I'm also amazed that they managed to cast a season like this without actively asking for "family pair" auditions. I have noticed Survivor fandom tends to be a family affair, haha, maybe they often get multiple audition tapes from the same household.

saylavee

[5]May 13, 2013
    • level: 18

I'm sticking with the "One tribe returnees, Other tribe their relatives" guess on this one.

Kind of makes sense with the whole "Blood is thicker than water" allusion.You know, like, pre-merge they form alliances with their non-family members but then post-merge will maybe shake that up and see if families can ally with each other (in which case blood would be thicker than water) or if they turn on each other (in which case water beats blood).

...That is, assuming there are enough pairs left post merge.

Also, this makes me think that the season won't get interesting until the merge. Ahhh, time for another hit-or-miss season!

Edit:

Hold up I think that this way makes a bit more sense to me now that i think about it.

Iif its just one tribe of, say, 10 that is made up of family members, so 5 pairs, making the "Blood" team, with alliances formed from family relations and such

Versus

A tribe of all new players, the "Water" team, with alliances formed of friendship and the usual survivorness.

Ehhh, as long as the returnees are interesting in the fact that they are good players and not just good stories than I'm fine with it. Most of the returnees that Edgeofthorns listed im fine with, though I was looking around some forums and some people who were looking on twitter believe that Rupert and his wife might be coming back based on some recent tweets? I'm not sure if the little kid in me who loved Rupert when she first started watching the show wants to rejoice, or if the older me who is past that wants to moan.

Edited on 05/13/2013 6:12am
    Edited 2 total times.

mcepin3

[6]May 13, 2013
    • level: 17

Yeah seems theme will be something with family,but here's my question:

If,IF...it's on one side tribe of 10 and on other family tribe of those 10,it won't matter much,who wins or backstabs family member,because money would end up there. So only real thing is,which family would win it.

EdgeOfThorns316

[7]May 13, 2013
    I wouldn't mind Rup to be honest, I think his run in HvV was a bit of a bummer, he had an injury and overall if he comes back im ok with it.

I just hate a lot of the current season stars for returns. I want them to DELVE deep into the Survivors history and bring us back guys like Gervase, or Yul, Burton, Cowboy and on and on I could go.

There are so many old members that never seen a 2nd season that I would DIE to see play again just to bring back the good ol days, back when every cast member seemed to add something.

mcepin3

[8]May 13, 2013
    • level: 17

Gervase didn't do much tbh,but he was likeable and seemed to me,he's the type that doesn't betray people(really hard here,because any person from season 1 was new to the game. Hatch had plan and really only one with one,but even he wasn't this snake like some are today). Yul is too much politician-like for my taste and I didn't like Burton,because he betrayed Rupert for Lillian and then she betrayed him again,like she did everyone. She and Dawn had ALOT in common. Both play victim and betray people.

Cow-boi I would love to see,because I think Survivor didn't show him in best light and I loved him.

Natalie,Tyson? Who are those 2?

I would love to see Kristy from Amazon season,Clay was cool,but got beat by Bryan. Lex is also person constantly in my mind.

Just to end it,before I go on too long...I am also for "vets" from really early seasons...let's say all the way from season 1 to season 15. From there they should do pick of players.

My only real wish is,that they get people willing to play game,not victim and make a great season. And no crazy people,please! And give everyone their fair share of screen time!

maritimer00

[9]May 22, 2013
    • level: 71
    The only way that everybody gets a fair shar of time is if two things happen: 1)A smaller cast of 16 people max 2) The cast all talk and act like they're players and not mindless sheep following the "stars" or the single game move maker. I can't really recall the last season where the latter happened (maybe first Fans/Favorites season).

skbrettbug

[10]May 26, 2013
    • level: 19

I'd really love to see a 16-person season. Maybe the Final 2 will come back!

Here's what I speculate:

Blood Tribe: 4 pairs of blood relatives (brother/sister, son/father, grandpa/grandson)

Water Tribe: 4 pairs of non-blood relatives/friends (in-laws, spouses, etc.)

horvathgamer

[11]Jun 1, 2013

Some of the ones I'd like to see back are:

Elizabeth and Tina (australian outback and all stars in tina's case)

Brian (thailand): as much of an *** he was, he did play a very good game. Thailand being such an unpopular season kind of messed up any chance though

Rob Cesternino (amazon and all stars): one of the best strategic players to never win

Rupert: Still one of my all time favorite survivors. Just an all around likable guy

Chris (vanuatu): I'm a sucker for the underdog story. From day one Chris was the underdog. He was have been a jerk later in the season, but a fair amount of that was born from what had taken place in the show. His final tribal council performance is still one of the best

Ian (palau): Had Tom not been on the season, he very might have been one of those to dominate the individual challenges

Terry and Shane (exile island):

Danni and Rafe (guatemala): Two very good players in an underrated season

Yau-man and Michelle (fiji and fans vs favorites for yau-man): Yau-man is right up there with Rupert as one of the most likable contestants. Not to mention the fact that was very good at the game. In the end having such a big heart cost him. As for Michelle, She was just a cutie-pie. I also think she got voted out too early because of the twist

EdgeOfThorns316

[12]Jun 2, 2013
    horvathgamer wrote:

Some of the ones I'd like to see back are:

Elizabeth and Tina (australian outback and all stars in tina's case)

Brian (thailand): as much of an *** he was, he did play a very good game. Thailand being such an unpopular season kind of messed up any chance though

Rob Cesternino (amazon and all stars): one of the best strategic players to never win

Rupert: Still one of my all time favorite survivors. Just an all around likable guy

Chris (vanuatu): I'm a sucker for the underdog story. From day one Chris was the underdog. He was have been a jerk later in the season, but a fair amount of that was born from what had taken place in the show. His final tribal council performance is still one of the best

Ian (palau): Had Tom not been on the season, he very might have been one of those to dominate the individual challenges

Terry and Shane (exile island):

Danni and Rafe (guatemala): Two very good players in an underrated season

Yau-man and Michelle (fiji and fans vs favorites for yau-man): Yau-man is right up there with Rupert as one of the most likable contestants. Not to mention the fact that was very good at the game. In the end having such a big heart cost him. As for Michelle, She was just a cutie-pie. I also think she got voted out too early because of the twist

Great list.

skbrettbug

[13]Jun 7, 2013
    • level: 19

This sounds like it's going to be a really interesting season!