Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Will any of the fans be asked back for future seasons?

Dfan46

[1]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 15

I wanted to see what everyone thought concerning the fans this season and whether or not any of the contestants deserve to be asked to play in a future season. In my opinion, there really haven't been any standout players on the fans side this season. Most of the players seemed to consist of Mactors (Hope, Reynold, Eddie), and/or people CBS casting directors scouted (Julia, Shamar). The contestants who actually seem like genuine fans of the show - Allie, Laura, Matt, Michael, and Sherri - haven't really made much of an impact in terms of the game or entertainment value.

I know the producers will probably think Reynold and Eddie have done enough to warrant a second chance but I really can't get past their douchey behavior from the initial episodes and the fact that they both have consistently been fooled in to being the minority at Tribal Council. I liked Sherri's dominant strategizing on the Gota tribe but she hasn't really offered anythingPost-Merge. Maybe she'll turn things around now that Phillip's out of the picture but I have a feeling she'll continue to be a pretty quiet presence this season.

Do you guys think any of the fans should be asked back for another season?

Edited on 04/23/2013 11:38am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Taylorg8

[2]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 13
    I agree with some things you said. Sherri was very impressive at the beginning and looked like a possible returnee. Now I'm not 100% sure. She hasn't done too much since, but we'll see where her story goes this season. Reynold is the only other possibility in my opinion. He probably has the best shot. He has had a lot of screen time and really has impacted the game in a way. Eddie hasn't done enough. If Laura hadn't been voted out so early, I think she would've been a huge contender for a future season. She was interesting and knows the game well. I really like her.

mcepin3

[3]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 17

I can see Eddie coming back over Reynold,because I think people might like Eddie more. Only other out of these "fans" would be Sherri,but like it was pointed out,she got lost somewhere in between. At start,she came out strong,got numbers on her side,etc. and now she plays under radar game. I think to mention any other "fan" would be waste of time,because none of them did anything worth coming back.

skbrettbug

[4]Apr 28, 2013
    • level: 19

I agree with some of you all that Eddie should come back eventually. Sherrihasn't struck me as a very charismatic person yet, and she doesn't seem like she has much potential.

What about a season with 20 new castaways?

mcepin3

[5]Apr 29, 2013

I am ok with season full of new faces. My only wish is that,they get people,who will play game. Make show interesting and not a snooze fest or some drama. Also not get people,who think they are so hot,that world will just follow anything they say. They should do season like Exile Island,where you got 4 groups of people by age,sex and ethnic group.

maritimer00

[6]Apr 29, 2013
    • level: 71
    If they bring back of these fans, do so based on the fact they can play the game and not cause they look good/create tension. Sherri would be a good returnee but lump her in with young returnees and she'd be bounced early on the age thing. Reynold has his fans but for me, his smug, self assured ways annoy the heck out of me.

mcepin3

[7]Apr 30, 2013

I also have mixed feelings about Reynold. Seems every sentence he makes is about him,more to the point me,myself and I. "I have these idols...I am biggest target..." Eddie seems more down to earth type of guy.

About Sherri...I think she would be able to last,because this time around there are also quite alot of young people. Her main strenght I think in this game is,that she knows how to manage people. Maybe she got lucky,that 4 who got together weren't the brightest of the bunch,because they presented threat as couple and as foursome.

xsillent

[8]Apr 30, 2013
    • level: 1
    Eddie is way too stupid to be brought back.. and that isn't the Erik kinda stupid where he was fooled into giving up an idol -- he isn't great at challenges and makes stupid moves that don't even make viewers chuckle. I really hope they don't bring him back.

Reynold atleast did well in challenges & found immunity idols which isn't common.