Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Worst season of Survivor ever?

Do you think this season of Survivor (14) is as good as the earlier seasons?

KevinBradsher

[1]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 11

I certainly think so.  The lack of an even racial mix has already been mentioned.  Then there's not a single lackable person in my opinion.  I kinda liked Gary at first but he doesn't really do much, and now it looks like his health will keep him from even continuing.  Rocky is a bit of a character, just not that likable.  Yau-Man is an oddball, but not in the cool trippy awesome way that Coi-Boi was last season.

On top of that I think that the idea of one tribe living in luxury is the worst thing the producers have ever come up with!  Makes the game far too one-sided (I mean who do you think will win challanges, the well fed and well rested tribe or the one's who barely even have water? It's a no-brainer.)  Personally I think the remaining members of Ravu should band together and walk off the show, tell the producers that it's pretty obvious they're not going to be able to win so we're going home.

It makes me wonder if Mark Burnett saw the writing on the wall and decided to create this new pirate themed show that starts next fall...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

c0mm0nsense

[2]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 10

I feel like I have to say this every single time.  There are 5 asians, 5 blacks, 5 hispanics, and 4 whites.  There coulda been 5, but one of them chickened out before the game started.  It IS evenly divided, but it can't get through people's heads!  I guess it makes people mad when there's a minority majority for once.  There is no lack of racial mix people, and I'm tired of hearing it.  Especially when people say there's too many asians!

And goodness, why do I feel like people are mad at this racial thing more THIS season than Cook Islands??  And Cook Islands was the season where they split it racially!  Like seriously, I'm tired of hearing this cause you know it's like saying you'd be pissed off if I myself was on the show or something.  Like, I don't even know right now, I'm just gonna stop.  I apologize for coming off very assertive in this, but seriously.  If you're going to call this a bad season because of the racial diversity, then you better get your facts straight.  Not your Survivor facts, your facts on being an American.

Edited on 02/22/2007 9:01pm
    Edited 8 total times.

RJ-viewer

[3]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 51
    I think the racial mix doesn't effect the quality of the season. I think that giving one team a huge advantage then letting them win all the challenges makes it boring. It's one thing when the teams were living in equal conditions and one team won all the challenges, but this is a bit stupid.

ammizny

[4]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 12
    I think it's good so far. Thailand is still definitely worse.

Jambo88

[5]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 5
    It's been three episodes, cook islands wasn't exciting until the mutiny in episode 8, so it's too early to tell if this season will be any good or not. I don't mind the diversity of the cast, but I think it was more representitive of how things are in America in earlier seasons when there were fewer minorities.

KevinBradsher

[6]Feb 22, 2007

I apologize CommonSense, you are right.  The races ARE divided equally.  Now ask yourself why do so many people THINK that they are not?  I say it's because the white people are so boring that the producers are concentrating on the more interesting people of the show, who happen to be the other races.  The white people left  are now all on Moto who get very little screen time compared to Ravu.  I have no problem with that except that the most interesting people on the island are still lifeless and boring!

I do believe the 'give one team everything and then try to act surprised when they win every challange' is the biggest problem with this season.  Something has to happen to bring Moto down or Ravu up (preferably Moto down, after all the name of the show is Survivor!)

For future reference and any non-believers here is the racial breakdown by team and name:
    Boo - Moto - White
    Edgardo - Moto - White
    Gary - Moto - White
    Lisi - Moto - White
    Jessica - Ravu - White ***

Cassandra - Moto - Black
    Dre - Moto - Black
    Anthony - Ravu - Black
    Earl - Ravu - Black
    Erica - Ravu - Black ***

Stacy - Moto - Asian
    Michelle - Ravu - Asian
    Mookie - Ravu - Asian
    Sylvia - Ravu - Asian ***
    Yau Man - Ravu - Asian

Liliana - Moto - Mexican
    Alex - Moto - Columbian
    James - Ravu - Italian
    Rita - Ravu - Venezuelan

5 White
    5 Black
    5 Asian
    4 other

gnomesie

[7]Feb 23, 2007
    Edgardo isn't white. Melissa mcnaulty is white and she dropped out.

c0mm0nsense

[8]Feb 23, 2007

It's alright man.  I did come off pretty big in that first post.  At least you understand, now to change these 10 other people on these boards who think that.

You guys gotta admit.  Episode 3 was pretty good.  I do agree.  Most of the seasons aren't good until the middle cause that's when the drama starts, but drama already started in episode 3 for this episode.  And Palau was a great season, and only one team won.  Just give it a couple episodes.  You guys will definitely keep watching it.  And keep in mind, that this whole twist is until the merge, which is most likely happening in 3 more episodes or something.  Not to worry if you don't like the twist, just like Cook Islands.

DannyMan946

[9]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 6
    Palau was good because of Tom, Ian, Stephanie, Angie, etc. and they were good contestants...but no one seems to stand out except for one person, Yauman, in Fiji. I think that that some of the later seasons are really bad seasons..ex: Vanuatu, Exile Island, Fiji...But Guatemala and Palau were really good.

JPPT1974

[10]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 50
    Thailand and Vanuatu are the worst seasons due to an unlikable cast.

gunzforarmz

[11]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    This season has an unlikeable cast. Even though Sylvia is gone and thank goodness she is. I started hating more players like Mookie and James even more then ever because Mookie is a cocky, stupid Asian. I'm Asian so don't call me a racist. I'm glad that Moto came back to whoop their behind because I hate trash talkers and I hate James for supporting that behavior. You didn't see anyone else from Ravu condoning what Mookie did, only that idiot James. You know whats best about Trash Talker, they tend to shut up when they lose and look stupid when that happens, which is why he was so hard on Anthony because he made Mookie look like an idiot when they lost the challenge. Kudos to Papa Smurf for shaking Anthony's hand after he won. That was class.

JPPT1974

[12]Feb 25, 2007
    After what Ravu did and acted overconfident, they really have made me lost my interest in them a bit.

c0mm0nsense

[13]Feb 25, 2007

Mookie reminds me of Daniel Lue from Amazon.  Completely random, but just saying.

Papa Smurf reminds me of a mixture of Big Tom and Rudy.  Good people, can play sneaky, but good people.

Edited on 02/25/2007 10:21am

Clem4077

[14]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 7
    For me it's too early still in the season to decide how good or bad this one is. So far, it's had some interesting things in it, like the twist with at least one of the hidden immunity idols being at a tribe's camp. I wonder where the other one is: At the same camp? At the other tribe's camp? On the exile island? And with unlikeable casts so far, in my opinion, I'd have to say the Amazon season tops the list. 

JPPT1974

[15]Feb 25, 2007

Mookie does look like Daniel Lue from the Amazon but he is a little more quieter than Daniel was. Other than that, I really don't have an opinion formed on the Fiji cast yet. But that doesn't mean I won't have an opinion afterwards.

sakya23

[16]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 21
    This seasons is boring!!

No great characters, half the people look like the UDR type players.

JPPT1974

[17]Feb 26, 2007

sakya23 wrote:
    This seasons is boring!! No great characters, half the people look like the UDR type players.

Well the season is early. So it could get better just wait and see.

KevinBradsher

[18]Mar 1, 2007

After 4 episodes I'm still bored.  Even though I must admit that the little twist of "immunity or move" was the only good thing the producers have done this season.  I think that Moto made the right choice by staying in the lap of luxury; but the show would have improved ten fold if they had decided to stick together as a team and moved to the other beach (Yeah,, like that was going to happen.)  I think they could be considered a whole team of 'snakes' by making the decision to sac a team-mate in order to keep their comfort.  Of course it was the only choice they could make, I mean we all can see what a huuuuuge advantage it is.

I used to like Rocky, but after his little fit I was hoping they would vote him off.  As someone said on another thread after Episode 1 "Rocky and Dreamz are going to piss people off"  I think we saw that from both of them tonight!

longterm60

[19]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    This series is so unfair because of the 'rich/poor' split it is not much fun to watch. I agree with comments above that the producer who got this idea should be fired. I'll stick with it, but the series is very poor - there's no real chance for competition until after the merge with the one tribe dehydrated and starved. The main reason to watch this series is because the underlying game is good - and they've stacked the deck so much, it's not true for this one.

Also, the end of Sylvia a week ago proves once again that in Survivor, if you actually know how to do stuff and have leadership skills, you need to keep your mouth shut and lay low until after the merge, so the tribal members who are on the low end of the totam pole in the real world don't gang up on you because you are 'bossy' to vote you off. Either that, or make sure your tribe wins so you can duck tribal council.

silvioja

[20]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 6
    KevinBradsher wrote:
    Lisi - Moto - White
    Did Lisi refer to herself as Latin in last night's episode?