I Need Redemption

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 14, 2011 on CBS

• Survivor 23 starts with no clear favorite...

At a first glance, I thought Ozzy joining Savaii was going to be like a second Rob Mariano...Dominate every aspects...I am still not convinced it won't be this...Coach on the other hand plays this group as a team member and less of a leader...Might be a smart play...He is forming a group around him and seems to be heavy, but to be honest I don't think he can provide...He might think a 5man group can get him in top 5 but as he admited it he isn't a Strategic Player...

The two competitors that most impressed me were:

- Jim from Savaii the poker player, simply because by the way he presented himself he might be the biggest threat of Ozzy, and I also think this game needs a real poker player good at bluffing.

-Brandon, Russell's nephew, you can see he is trying to be a nice guy, but I am hoping he will realize before it is to late, that he needs to find the idol and play the game ruthlessly just like his Uncle does...You know, Coach might try to present himself as an honest fellow, but I have no doubt he won't win and he will drag a lot of people after him...Upolu was lucky to win because they played the Immunity Challenge with 1 extra member.

• The twenty-third season begins in pretty much the same way as the previous season with two popular Survivor players from the past joining a group of fresh faces. The tribes come together fairly quickly, but not without a few bumps in the road (Dawn).

The new season of Survivor gets off to a very good start. Almost immediately the viewer gets a good look into the extremely varied personalities of the players. It will be quite interesting to see how the season plays out. Though I was hoping never to have a player named Hantz appear in Survivor again, I did actually like the element of suspense having Russel's nephew creates. I like how already Brandon's fellow castaways believe he is hiding something. Will the "ghost" of Brandon's uncle prove to be his downfall? I can hardly wait to find out. There are other entertaining moments as well. Dawn's mental breakdown was something else. Speaking of which Ozzie I believe established himself as tribe leader with the terrific way he helped Dawn. He may have just helped himself go far in the game. One last thing, from now on, I would like to be addressed only by my last name. Thank you.

• Thrilled to have Survivor back! (Spoilers ahead!)

It is great to have Survivor back once more, and I thoroughly enjoyed the 90-minute premiere special. While I'm looking forward to getting to know some of these new contestants, I'm not really an Ozzy fan at all, while I enjoy Coach's quirks but I don't particularly like him either.

Brandon Hantz is the most interesting members on this cast, in my opinion - th e surname makes that quite clear! I've also really enjoyed several other people, but as a whole, I definitely prefere the Upolu tribe over the Savaii Tribe.

I enjoyed the beginning of the episode with the Returning Players competeing for Reward, but I dfinitely preferred the second Immunity Challenge, as Upolu were victorious!

The Tribal Council was quite interesting. I really liked Semhar and was quite upset at the way in which ithe cookie crumbled - not a fan of Cochran, or too man y others on that tribe.

Overall, a great start to season 23, and I can't wait to see more!