Survivor

I Promise...

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 17, 2008 on CBS

• The bset episode I have eever seen! Amazing stuff!

I just can't belieeve what went down in this episode! It was complete insanity!!!

Reward was a pretty hard challenge, and the reward scenes were quite funny, with Erik in particular.

Meanwhile, that Immunity Challenge was just INSANE!!! 6 and a half hour s of putting your hand-up to hold a bucket. Jason's move seemed pretty stupid originally, but let's face it. If he continued on an d won Immunity, he just goes home next Tribal instead. If he gives up the Immunity reward, he risks going from one tribal earlier than expected and possibly keeps himself in the game for a much longer duration. I have to say that it was a good move.

Then Tribal was just insane! You have got to love PARVATI - she is so amaizing! The devilish smile is really good at fooling people, and when it comes to Parvati, don't judge a book by its cover!

Good job by Cirie, Parvati, Natalie, Alexis and Jason to oust Ozzy! I am so thrilled, because I can't stand arrogant people, and Ozzy is the definiteion of arroagant. I can't stand him at all.

However, I do feel sorry for James, because he is one of the most hilarious people ever! At the vote, he says 'I thought I was supposed to be the most stupid player ever...' which was insanely hilarious!!! And that scene with him irritating the three sleeping girls was hilarious too!!!

Can't wait until the next episode!!!

EDIT: And I forgot to add this earlier, but the look on ELIZA's face as Ozzy was going was just PURE GOLD!!! I loved it!!!
  • Ozzy get kicked out...

Survivor has met all expectations this season - with injuries and withdrawals and alliances manipulation. But the best has been kept for last. Ozzy has been a leading light for most of the season - he has the idol - he seems to be the group leader - and this has made him comfortable that he won't be kicked out. But the girls led by Cirie (who has been a revelation this time around) and Parvati - manipulate the remaining men in a way that has never been seen before. It becomes a true test of brawn versus brains. And the girls seem to have the upperhand. Incredible final scene ends with a bitter Ozzy leaving the group after the vote.
  • One of the worst episodes to date in Survivor history, VERY disappointing

Well, so we all know what happened.. Ozzy got voted out and blindsided by a bunch of dickheads who lie and cheat and whatever costs.
    Technically speaking, Ozzy was a great competitor. Yeah, sure he was becoming a bit arrogant and maybe a control freak but think about it - Jason should have gone home. The guy seriously scammed the last of why the audience should like him, as going behind other people's backs made him survive, but he's a stupid bugger. Little does he know he'll be the next one to go and get blindsided, just like Ozzy.

I feel sorry for Amanda, James and Erik as none of them were aware of what was going on between the evil phonies of the tribe (Parvati, Alexis, Jason, Cirie and Natalie), and when I think of who I like this season and who I dislike, all those who were in favour of getting rid of Ozzy, the biggest threat are the ones who have all been involved with playing someone or controlling something out of the blue that has changed the game in a negative sense.

We can all now say that no longer is Cirie the biggest love me life hero they all think she is, nor was Alexis really having some relationship with Ozzy (while Ozzy was too stupid to see that she was playing him all along while Amanda was left out). It was no wonder Amanda eager to find out whether or not Ozzy was actually playing her. Ozzy was one of the good ones (with the exception of his arrogance) but he just didn't show it as the arrogance towards the end got in the way.

It was also a huge shame knowing that Ozzy didn't ever apologise to Amanda for being arrogant. If only he just had the gumption to speak to her in private about their honesty towards each other (and their love) then maybe she would get the idea that what they have was real. Amanda is a very sweet woman with a great heart, honesty and (she's very attractive, I like her but I wouldn't call what I have toward her a crush because that word just sounds very childish, but yeah, I really like her) since when has she done any wrong to anyone? Never.

To you readers, you're all probably wondering why I even bothered with this review, well, I'll put it this way; Despite the fact that Ozzy getting voted out was terrible knowing that Ozzy, Amanda and James are my favorite competitors, but that was not the biggest upsetting factor, nor was it Cirie or Alexis and their big lying eyes - It was Parvati breaking her alliance with Ozzy, James, Amanda and Cirie for the extent of her selfish attitude to rid them all of Ozzy. What a selfish cow, and the same goes for Cirie (the lying good eyed liar), Natalie (I.. can't comment on her, she's got something evil about her), Alexis (ok, so she'll flirt with Ozzy and then oh basically "Screw Ozzy, kick him out, I've had enough with him") and then Jason (why, why, why.. Your selfish reign to get rid of Ozzy will be your downfall next week dude).

However, with all this intact, the reward and immunity challenges were great, and there were some hilarious moments between Erik and the locals of Palau while the deserving people; Amanda and Ozzy were able to go on the reward challenge. But screw Parvati for allowing her selfish kitty looks to get in the way and then the alliance. Seriously girl, get a life.

Well, this brings me down to my final statement. With the evil looks and selfish words going around, there is only one person who I think deserves the title of sole survivor (well 2) and for all it's worth, I want Amanda to win and will be very disappointed if it does not turn out to be either her or James.
  • OZZY HAS FALLEN!!!!!!

This episode started mediocre, but ended on a very high note! Nothing intersting in reward, but Immunity heated things up! One by one, in a challenge from All-Stars, survivors drop their bucket hanging overhead in excitement or for rewards until five are left. James, Ozzy, Amanda, Jason, and Parvarti. James loses concentration and is elimanated while Ozzy jumps for some donuts. Amanda needs to use the bathroom, so she drops leaving only two competitors. The rest of the tribe agrees to keep Jason alive and in the game, with full intentions of voting him off. He drops and Parvati gets immunity, and the rest of the tribe gets the reward that prompted them to make the decision to "keep" Jason: a platter of guitly pleasures, all the ones featured in that challenge. However, upon return to it, James begans to feel some bad vibes aroung the camp and begans to feel the tight "Girl Power" around camp. Ozzy wrongly ignores it, as Cirie convinces all the girls-Amanda and Jason to oust Ozzy. Eliza revealing he had the idol destroys him, and he dosent't bring the idol. The result is a spectacular ending with certain jury member in a classic pose.
  • Review

Got to love the dramatic come-from-behind, down 4 to 1, voting system they have there at tribal council. I was kind of surprised. Usually Survivor kind of plays up the possibility of the blindside, but then the treib still votes x-1 and its not very exciting. Its so hard when you are playing the game to know when the use it. Ozzy held it a little longer then I would have. Sometimes you have to just play it to get the target off your back. I think I woud have even played it two episode ago just to get it away from me, but he felt comfortable enough to hold on. That now makes two survivors though where the power player leaves because he had the individual immunity idol. This wasnt as shocking to me because it was a forseeableplay, Ozzy just didnt pullt he trifgger in order to use it. With Ozzy gone a girl versus guy thing could start, whcih spells trouble for the three guys running up against the five girls.
  • Damn it!!! I loved OZZY!!

Dang Nabbiet!!! I wanted Ozzy to win! I loved him and he was such a great cometitor! Great at challenges and all that! What a damn shame! Now who am I meant to go for? I went for Ozzy from day one and when Jeff asked if anyone wanted to play the idol I was like Damn You Ozzy Play The Damn Thing!!! But no, he was too trusting and confident! I don't want to go for Parv or Ceria (however you spell it) I didn't like her from the start! She should of gone instead of Ami, she was better! James and Amanda rule though, staying strong! You keep rocking on! I hope thos silly gurls gets whats coming to them!!! Doubt it though, theres too many of them. We'll see what happens next week.........................
  • another blind-side!

OZZY IS GONE! He acted very arrogant this season. I liked him the first go-around, but I really wanted him to go this time. He was getting annoying. I'm rooting for James now. Oh, I have to say- Jason is an idiot. Why would you make a deal like that? Are you dumb? Seriously, no one will keep you around longer just because you let them eat. Parvati is going to get herself screwed. She has two alliances and he just stabbed one in the back. I hope James doesn't go next week, but it looks like the girls want to take out the guys. Oh well. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.
  • Simply exciting.

Exciting would be a simple but suitable description of this episode I believe. I dont know if the producers did anything at all but it was truly down to the very last card. It could have been drawn 5-3 but to have it 4-4 is amazing especially coming back from down 4 to 1 and the final vote was parv's! If this was soccer, it would be a classic! There are a few points I'd like to see if some may offer their opinions so here goes. I feel there isnt a truly brilliant strategist in this season. Cirie is obviously very sharp but not demonstrating long term strategy or may be its just not revealed to us. when its down to 9 players, its where things start to shift. More often than not, the 5 will outlast the 4 and this is a classic example of that. Parv is the new Jonathan and ironically for me they were from the same season! She was the swing vote and worse, the preview showed she didnt have a good strong reason and she will probably not win again since she will lose not just the 4 votes but is now the "rat". Cirie should have locked her 5 and even could have plan to eliminate not Ozzy but the other since he has the idol but I think this was the best time to use it since Ozzy is confident he wont need it. This feel a lot like that season(13?) Secondly, did Jason need to take that risk? Did he really make any meaningful alliances by what he did? Unlikely, he was just lucky Cirie thought it was Ozzy's turn and so did 3 other people. What would have happened had Jason chose to hang on and win the challenge? Cirie would still want Ozzy's head wouldnt she but there is no red herring now is there? That would be harder to predict.

Thirdly, why does it feel like there is less politicking that before or is it just me? The weaker players doesnt try enough. For example Jason and the fans could have an alliance and this season shows truly that Ozzy will never be a social player and worse of all, he lost his under-dog good guy perception. He became more arrogant and that did not go well with some people. In prev season, he was part of a team that needed him, here he didnt make the same move I feel. Should he made alliance with Jason, Erik and may be a couple of weaker players, he may outlast others this season. after all, he only lost of one of the most brilliant srategic players of all time and by a slight margin. same goes for some other weaker players. I just wonder if the producers deliberately not show those footage. I dont see James winning, I dont see Pav either. Cirie has the brains that is above the rest of the female players so I see her going to the last round and unless the other female players arent showing their true colors yet, I think she will be in the final round. I can see Erik and Jason going far based on determination that players like Ozzy had. Jason seems to be like Ozzy. A player who knows he has only himself to rely on and after this episode, I think he knows this is lame bunch and may be a few are decent people but the rest are scums. I think outwitting is what Yul did with Jonathan and not what James and ozzy's idea of going back on your words and whats with the crossing the fingers? Are we in grade school still? If you want to go back on your words, just do it Dreamz style, so what?

I dont think it may be all girls...Its possible Erik or Jason may outlast the girls and find angles of alliances and cut through the gender difference. Again, I feel there should be at least a strong group of 4 or 5 but I dont see it yet...it feel more like a 5-3 at best now since I dont think its a 4-4 with Parv not trusted by her allies and not sure if the other will not think of her as the rat. She is a keeper though I feel. This is a very interesting season now since the players are somewhat making the right moves. Its a shame the idols arent set up in the same way in the past to make things possibly more complicated.

Lastly, I dont know why some wanted to vote Jason out so badly, he hasnt shown to be a big threat and perhaps its just to show what he did was silly? Boy did that back fire.

I have a question and its why was Ozzy not voted out earlier? There was a plan but why did they back out then?

At this point, I am rooting for Jason. There are too many baddies here that I dont think they deserve to win. Everyone who lied to Jason I feel do not deserve it because this wasnt a stage of the game where they need to do that. Even if its just food and not a car, but food is better than gold at this point in this game. Dreamz may have been the ultimate when it comes to breaking a promise but at least it was a do or die. Many of those who guaranteed Jason did not need to break their promises. Erik was too much of a butt kisser of Ozzy's and I think he admitted too. So I hope the best man wins because so far none of the female players impressed me except Cirie. Jason might have been deemed stupid but I dont think so, if he went and beat Parv, he would be showing a strong character than many might be feeling already. He hasnt got too many moves to make now and took a chance to play a social game for a player been depending on a physical game. He is simply not doing what Ozzy did in s13 and mixing it up showing a little innovation and not that naive. It was a calculated risk and all risks could easily backfired.

Ozzy showed in this season he truly did not deserve to win it the previous time and was certainly not as deserving as the winner Yul the Godfather.
  • Jason is so stupid! Ozzy is gone.

After Tribal Council, the tribe reacts to Eliza playing the decoy immunity idol. The next morning, the tribe compeats in a reward for a visit to Yap, another island in Micronesia. Ozzy, Erik, Amanda and Jason win the reward and enjoy a traditional experience with a feast.

On Exile Island, Cirie is having a rough time trying to live through a rainstorm. But while she is there, she has time to think about how she can get rid of Ozzy and his idol.

Back on the Dabu beach, while James is keeping himself busy, Parvati complains that he is making too much noise while she is trying to sleep. Later that day, James and Amanda discuss how Parvati's own alliance with Alexis and Natalie seems to be getting much more serious.

During the Immunity Challenge, Jeff tempts the contestans with food in exchange for dropping out of the challenge. After 5 hours in competition, Jason drops out after being given a guarantee from the rest of the tribe that he would not be voted out that night. But after returning to camp, everyone says they don't plan on keeping their promise and will vote out Jason. However, Cirie goes to the other girls behind Ozzy's back with a plan to blindsight him.

About the thing at the immunityy challenge, i think Jaosn was really stupid. I'm glad Ozzy is gone.
  • Really a shocker at the end! Overconfidence will cost you in the end!

Before I get to the shocker at the end, I must say that this was one of the best episodes I have ever seen in the show's history. As Jason knew that he was on the chopping block and that he seemed to not have any frinds at all. But the look of James face afterwards really showed that he would lose his friend and confident. Cire is quite a player and don't let her not being able to perform physical challenges fool you. As she is really smart and intelligent. She goes to the women and they blindsight Ozzy, who like James before him, didn't use the idol. Overconfidence will cost you in the end!
  • The reward challenge was a mix of previous ones and the immunity challenge we have seen before. But the twists and turns make this a classic episode.

The preview of this show led you down one path but the show still was exciting. The first challenge was not memorable, the trip to Yap Island and the feast was. Most of the people when they got back downplayed it, but Ozzy could not keep rambling on and on. One thing you do not want to hear is how much and how good food is when you are not eating well.
    Cirie going to Exile Island was actually the best move, she is not athletic and the reward challenge called for what she does not have.
    The immunity challenge was a rerun, but Jason falling for the lies was surprising. When they got back to the beach the die was cast, Jason was to go as he was a threat to Ozzy. Cirie who is a politician decides it is time to get rid of the immunity idol and Ozzy in one complete blindside, and it worked.
    It looks like the next to go is James, and if all goes well, the rest of the men. But after James is gone, Cirie should go, then Pavrati. I would love to see a fan win, but as long as Cirie is in play they are in trouble.
    I do not mind when someone disagrees with a review, but not posting one and telling the world why all of the previous opinions are wrong is not right either. If you disagree have enough conviction to write a review.
  • This was probably one of the greatest episodes I have watched in this show!

This episode was amazing! There was nothing I didn't like about this episode. First off, it's about time Cirie finally gets a night of real suffering on her own on exile island. Secondly, James actually going against the girls of the tribe. But he had the right. The girls complaining because he's busting his ass to do some work around there and the girls just want to sleep! What a bunch of lazy asses! I can't wait to see how that will turn out next week.

Finally, I can't believe the plan against Ozzy actually worked. I never would have believed the plan would have worked as I suspected that everyone would have still stuck to their word and go against Jason. Jason took a VERY risky move, but his alliances came through in the end. As someone put it, it's a game of out wit and out play. Sometimes you just have to take the chance and not be upset with the outcome. But to actually go against Ozzy because he felt comfortable enough to trust them, I never would have though it would have worked. What's even more amazing, Eliza is shocked now. She wanted to get off Ozzy for the longest time and the second they vote her out is when they actually come to their senses, like she wanted, and go against Ozzy. And Ozzy seemed really pissed about the whole thing. He thought he could trust them and they stabbed him in the back with probably the biggest blindsight in history of Survivor. But Jason is very lucky right now. So he better watch himself and actually know who to trust.

Ozzy could care less what happens to the rest of the tribe as he is really mad right now at everyone. So I'm thinking that ought to be one interesting tribal council next week. I really can't believe what happened, but I thought it was an amazing move and very funny. This episode earned a 10. It was just the greatest episode I have ever seen on this show. And I can't wait to see how James goes against the girls or vise versa. That will be fun to watch.
  • Perhaps the greatest blindside in series history!

This episode was one to remember for so many reasons and starts with what happened at the Immunity Challenge. Jason, who seems totally clueless when it comes to making alliances and such, was determined to win the challenge until he was offered a deal: drop out and he won't be voted out at the next tribal council. If Jason had thought about this for a minute, he might have realized that the offer was a hollow one as it would have meant one of the others would be agreeing to, in essence, vote themselves out. However, either fatigue, naivity or both ruled Jason's mind and he took the bait.

With that, the die seemed cast for an uneventful tribal council but Cirie pounced on the opportunity to remove a block between her and possibly winning the game. Quickly organizing a majority that wouldn't spill the plan to Ozzy, Ozzy, much like James in the China season, was sent packing with a stunned look on his face and an unplayed immunity idol in his pocket.

An amazing episode in so many ways....this is an episode that can be watched again and again (well, unless you're a fan of Ozzy).