Survivor

I Should Be Carried on the Chariot-Type Thing

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 21, 2008 on CBS

7.8
  • Great epsiode! Absolutely brilliant scenes! (Spoilers ahead!)

I absolutely loved this episode, and every part of it!

The challenges were both spectacular to watch, and there was a little bit of an upset at the second (Immunity) one! The Favorites seem to have a much better camp, but they fail to capitalise on it!

The Exile Island scens were interesting! Kathy was tired, but I can't believe she wouldn't put some effort into searching... an idol is a powerful tool...

Lots of people seem to dislike hthis episode because they loved Yau-Man. As I haven't seen Fiji, I don't know much about him, so I'm not patricularly upset by the outcome, even though he idid seem generally likeable in these last three episodes.

I am absolutely loving CIRIE!!! Can't get enough of her and Parvati too!!! I wonder what will happen next! :)
  • average...

7.4
    Well, this episode falls back into the average episode of Survivor which most episodes fall. The only part I really liked was the huge wrestling match between the fans and favorites. James and Joel dominated, and Johnathan did surprisingly well. The favorites came out on top. I'm getting tired of these love things going on; it's annoying. I was surprised when the favorited lost the challenge and more surprised when they took out Yau Man. I love him! I was sad to see him go...anyways, it was just an average episode. I was getting bored with the whole talk with of who's being voted out. Just average.
  • The reason I picked painful to watch is there is no category which says better than a test pattern. It was a painful episode to watch, I only hope the pain goes away.

Hey, Cirie, the reason they don't carry you is they are not strong enough. I think Jonathan is a jerk, but Cirie outsmarted him. What needs to happen is for the alliance that Cirie is in to vote out Jonathan and then with the numbers solidly in their favor, vote out Cirie.
    She was a useless person in the first show, and she is a political but useless person in this one.
    Voting out Yau man was terrible, if she had said Jonathan, I would not have cared, but no she picked one of the all time favorite survivor players who did not deserve what he got.
    Maybe if they get smart they get rid of Cirie next week and then the ratings will go up.
  • Hated the ending too!

I hated the ending too. I mean poor Yauman. He was the one that got left out to dry. And that I wished that Jonathan or Pavarti would go. But Yauman...No! No! No! I really feel sorry for that Kathy always going back to Exile Island. The Favorites got so overconfidence in winning back to back challenges. That they signed their own death warrant. But in the form of poor Yauman. He shouldn't have left. Jonathan is really being a jerk as usual. Glad that Cirie took a stand against him. Can't wait for next week. But it won't be the same without Yauman.
  • An episode that makes some happy, some sad.

This installment of Micronesia was one where viewers really started to see who was thinking ahead in the game and others who were thinking " Final 3 " even in this early part. Cirie from the favourites seems to have set her sights on making it to the end and definitely sees herself in a power position. You have to wonder, though, how long that will last with other power players in the tribe.

It was sad to see Yau-Man get his torched snuffed out in this episode. A class act and one who performed far better in challenges than his small stature might indicate, he was probably too good a player to last in this edition.

This episode should set up some interesting scenes for both tribes in the next few episodes (going by the preview, Mikey B/Joel and Jonathan/Cirie look to be firey indeed!). Interesting stuff.
  • I outright refuse to rate an episode so low just because I didn't agree with the outcome.

I outright refuse to rate an episode so low just because I didn't agree with the outcome. Obviously Yau-Man is one of the coolest Favorites to ever play the game. I was a little sad when he left the game but in the end the episode as a whole was fantastic from beginning to end. Im very happy to see the reward challenge return in this episode after being absent for the first two episodes as the show tried to introduce us to the camp dynamic of the show. Watching James tear down every person that stood in his way was awesome to watch. Perhaps more so for me because he is my pick to win in the very end. The immunity challenege was also good, but it also seems like the skipped a lot of footage. I think in the end it came down to the favorites not having enough people to put the coconuts in the bag. I think there 4 defenders were far better then the other four but he fan team just had a better ability to put it into the basket. The camp dynamic this year is fantasic. You have two power players in Mikey B and Joel in the fan side and in this episode we had a giant team battle with the four people in "relationships" and the other group led by Jonathan. I thought the drama for the last ten minutes was great and I really had no idea who was going. The random vote for Cirie kind of sealed Yau-Mans fate. Overall, fantastic episode even though the ending was something I didnt like to see.
  • A very great beginning, with a terrible ending.

5.2
    I was going to make this review with nothing but good things to say. But after seeing the last few minuets at tribal council, I changed my mind.

I absolutely hated the tribe's decision to get rid of Yau-Man because I saw NO REASON why they would have to! Yau-Man is an all time favorite that everybody loves. He never did anything wrong and I always thought he was one of the best people that actually played the game the best he could. He never lied, never backstabbed, or never did anything at all to piss off his tribe.

Then, it comes to tribal council and they can't even give a decent reason WHY they chose to vote him out. That was the one thing that pissed me off. I enjoyed the way that they started out the game though. The favorites seemed like they were having fun and they were playing great. But it comes to the last few minuets and it's nothing but arguing and stupidity. This episode was pretty good anyways, which is why I give it a 5.2. But I hope next week is much better. And it won't be the same game anymore without Yau-man gone this early in the game.