Survivor

It Hit Everyone Pretty Hard

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Mar 13, 2008 on CBS

• So much drama again!

Even thought this episode was insanely amazing, it is still only my second least favourite of the season, bcause the standard has been so high! Jonathan's injury was sad to see - he wasn't my favourite on Cook Islands, but I still enjoy watching someone play the game the way he does.

Meanwhile, Json found the fake Immunity Idol which might be absolutely hilarious later on! Can't wait to see that being played at Tribal Counil!

The challenges were both increidbly amazing, but Airai just ocntinues to dominate! I wonder if this will continue!

Tribal could've been really awesome today if Chet didn't give up - Ozzy could've been blindsided. Unfortunately the ending was a little anti-climatic, but all up, a great episode, and I cannot wait for more!!!
  • Unfortunately, Jonathan has to leave the game.

This episode kind of shifted the point of view in the game. The challenges were awesome and fun to watch, but unfortunately Malakal didn't win, who I was favoring. It was also funny to watch Jason think he found the immunity idol. The expression when he looked at it was classic. But it sucked that Jonathan had to leave the game. He wasn't my favorite survivor, but he made a strong addition to the Malakal tribe. It was pretty sad to see him go and say goodbye to everyone. But it wasn't sad to see Chet leave. I absolutely hated him, and I'm happy he's gone. But he supplied some good comic relief for being so dumb, so I'll give him that. All in all, fantastic episode!
  • Unfortunately, Jonathan has to leave the game.

• sad to see Jonathan go, but at least he went out with a bang!

Jonathan was becoming my favorite this season and I was really sad to see him go. It would have been pointless for him to stay and risk further injury. At the challenge, Jonathan kicked butt. He could barely walk and he was doing as well as everyone else in his team. I'm really happy Chet is finally gone because he does nothing. He's just dead weight. I guess I'm now rooting for Ozzy. I wish Jonathan never got the injury. I think he would have gotten pretty far this season. Everyone liked him and he did great in challenges. Overall, sad episode but also happy because Chet is gone.
  • A prefect 10 cause of everything that happened.

This episode was very sad because of Johnathan's leaving. As he put it, he was kicking ass in the game and it was really painful to see him go as he was probably one of the best Survivor players ever to play the game. Nobody wanted him to go, and we all knew Johnathan really didn't want to go either, as he was shown crying with the rest of the tribe. As sad as that was, it was a good episode. Although I'm a bit glad to have Chet out, I never even knew he was having health problems or problems with his foot. But it was his choice to go home, and it was probably for the best. As for trying to get Ozzy out, why do that??? I don't see much of a point as to why Ozzy is such a huge threat. Maybe it's just me.

I just hope that Johnathan will at least be able to come back for the reunion at the end. I really want to just see what exactly he was going through at that time. So I really hope to see him there.
  • Game's title says it all!

Not just one but two people go home. As the team that Eliza and Jonathan are on. Jonathan is forced to leave the game due to a medical injury. And that it was either stay in and risks his leg and his life or leave the game in order to save it. Meanwhile, Tracy and Chet are being complained about for their lack of work ethic. And that Amy begins to side with Erik and Tracy. But the team that she is on with loses again as Chet tells the others to vote him out. But despite Erik and Tracy's plan not to vote him out, Chet does get voted out. Not for his lack of work ethic and team spirit but for also his foot. Now if they blindsided Ozzy, that would had been something else!
  • The game plays no favourites....

I have to say, this episode brings out mixed feelings for me. On one hand, Jonathan's forced exit from the game for health reasons. Regardless of what you think of his game approach, he made for lively watching and he was thinking of what his standing in the game was and so on.

On the other end of the spectrum, we FINALLY saw the end of Chet's time in this season. I'd be hard pressed to think of a weaker (mentally and physically) player in the history of the show. For a person who came in as a "fan" and should have been well aware of what hardships he would face, Chet exhibited cluelessness to the extreme. Even when his allies begged him to join in an attempted blindside of Ozzy, he declined. I noticed in his final words, Chet remarked he was proud to be a member of the Survivor " family "....for other players past and present, I think that would be in name only.

A very solid episode, all in all, in what has been a season that been very good to date.
  • Gotta wonder if these folks had any idea what the game is about.

This season is supposed to be returning folks who've played the game before and fans of the show who have die-hardly watched from the very beginning? If I didn't know that, and just began watching the show this season, I would never believed it. Such as for players like Chet. I was glad to see him go because he seemed to never be in the game to begin with. Did he lose a bet and had to apply or something? Seasons with brand new, never before been on the show contestants, and some perhaps never even seen the show have not complained this much as these folks on this season. Geesh.

On the other hand, someone like Jonathan who had the right to complain after his nasty injury, desperately wanted to stay in the game and it was only due to putting his health in danger that he left. Of course that was the right thing to do, and glad to hear Jeff's report about his good progress, but he is missed from the game. He's one of the best. Gotta say James is as well. Kudos to him in the IC challenge, his strength is impressive. And hopefully interesting things are on the horizon with Ozzy finding the idol and Jason just thinking he has with the fake one Ozzy made and hid. And speaking of Jason, it's still a bit hard for me to tell he and Erik apart, except for the fact that Erik looks so much like a young Leif Garrett. Tee-hee.
  • Strategy, strategy, and Strategy

Jonathan decision to leave the game was a difficult one but ultimately life saving. I'm sure that he will get a chance to play the game again if he so chooses.

At least finally the removed the weakest person from the tribe. I was surprised by the fact that Eric received two votes. Nowhere prior was their any mention that he was even being considered for removal. It may be true that James and Ozzie are the strongest physical players remaining in the game, however I think that Ciree is the most dangerous. She has managed to convince people to vote according to her desires, while keeping the attention focused off of her. She may not win, however she has a great possiblity of making the final three.
  • Review

This season is going to be the season that gets me back into Survivor for good. There have been many times over the course of the 16 seasons where I "just wasn't feeling it" anymore, but this season is shaping up to be the best season ever. Jonathan has to go down as one of the best survivors to ever play the game. He may not have gotten far in either time he played, but when you look at how many people have just looked at Jeff and said they want to leave and compare it to this. Amazing. This man is about to lose his leg and he is going to be kicked out of the game, he will not quit. A very emotional 2-3 minutes for the castaways and I was very sad to see him go. He may have always been the guy looking for another way into an alliance and he may make a lot of people angry - but when you look at it from just a Survivor standpoint you have got to tip your hat to him. Also tip of the hat to the production staff for making me really believe that Ozzy was going to bite the dust. I don't know what the heck happened but Erik got 2 votes and Ozzy got a big 0. I was really expecting Ozzy to go tonight and I would have played the idol in his position. But this is why he is there and I am here. Great episode though! Third amazing (9.5+) episode in a row.
  • This episode had a lot of promise but did not live up to it. Jonathan had to be medically removed, it was his leg or life, or play the game, he made the right decision. I saw that bulge and know it well from an infection I once had, no fun.

James is a man among children. He single handedly won the immunity challenge for his team. The team could have completely blind sided Ozzy but did not. That would have kept the game more interesting. Right now it is Ozzy versus James, and James will lose as Ozzy has Cirie on his side, someone who should not have made it past the first week in her first season. She knows how to play people, but she does not deserve to win it.
    I like Ozzy and James, the rest of the favorites are just hangers on. We can only hope someone from the fans can hang on.