Survivor

It's My Night

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Dec 15, 2013 on CBS

• Looking Forward 2 Feb. 26...

Hoping this season will be better... Gonna start with 3 tribes, should be pretty interesting... Can't wait...
  • The twenty seventh season ends with memorable Tribal Councils, but not much else.

I am glad this season has finally ended. "Blood vs. Water" was a major disappointment for me. In my review for the first episode of this season I said it was a foregone conclusion that the winner would be a returning player. I was almost disappointed because I wanted to be wrong, but the season ended just as I thought it would. This episode was also very predictable. All of us knew the only way Ciera would have made it to the finals is if she won all of the Immunity Challenges. Could it have been more obvious that wasn't going to happen. Monica's constant blubbering was absolutely ludicrous. Listening to her wallow in self pity at the final Tribal Council was insufferable. There is one thing I take a great deal of satisfaction in and that is the fact that Gervase was shut out in the final vote. Hopefully we have seen the last of that arrogant ass. Congratulations to Tyson. Hopefully next season will be better.
  • Finally after last seasons shame the worthy person wraps the victory.

After the embarasment of last season when Cochran won, it was time for a winner who actually deserved it.

The final vote was a formality.

I was very impressed by Tyson. I didn't thought him capable of winning simply because I saw him in two seasons were he was average at best. But now seeing his confidence in giving the idol to Gervase, drawing rocks to save Monica, thats amazing. Was there someone who deserved to win Survivor more than Tyson(excluding Russell who got robbed twice!!!)?

I actually hope to see him again in a superstar playing against the best of the best.
  • It's my night!

A very interesting finale episode - much better than all recent ones, especially with that pointless 'advantage in final immunity' challenge we've had on the last two seasons.

Today there was none of that but we did have a huge upset at Redemption Island and I was really thrilled!

Did I expect Monica to flip? No. Did I think it would have been smart to flip? Not necessarily, as Tina/Ciera had plenty of support on the jury and she wouldn't win.

The challenges were good- Tyson left his challenge wins for the right time. Would've been very interesting if Tyson didn't have Final Immunity, and even more interesting if Tina had won it.

Overall, I liked everyone left in that Final 4. Obviously I'm a huge Monica Culpepper game and I was hoping she'd win, but Tyson played a near-flawless game and he deserved it!

I'm thrilled Monica received 2nd place however, although I don't think a 7-1-0 vote necessarily tells the whole sotry of the game.

And I actually like the winner for the fisrt time since Natalie White! Even though my favourite did not win, I'm still very happy with the outcome!

Looking forward to the interesting theme of Cagayan. The logo looks great!
CBS