Survivor

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered May 31, 2000 In Season

maritimer00

Survivor Fan Reviews page 2 of 12

• love the show

I love this show and to the survivor people I want to know if you can make a celebrity show with
  • Never before have i written a review

So typically I would never take the time to make an account and write a review on a tv show but in this case it feels like it needs to be done. Last year I said I would never watch it again after an incredibly dissapointing ending. I agree with the person under my review cotton is insanely obnoxious and also the whole shows format is old and annoying in my opinion. If there does happen to be another season which I strongly hope there is not at least try to get interesting people ... (such as ozzy ) and have only people who know how to play both aspects of the game physically and strategically .
  • Done with Survivor!

This has got to be the WORST Survivor ever!! We have been watching since the beginning but we've had ENOUGH due to Colton. He is the most OBNOXIOUS person! He seems to get way too much air time. We will not be watching anymore episodes this season.
  • Carson Daly, Tater Tots, The Wunderlick, and a Little Person. Odds at winning Survivor

I put a % chance on each survivor to win the game. Let me know what you think!

tvspoilerfree.blogspot.com

tvspoilerfree@gmail.com

• Tired of Rob & Russell bring back the injured

3.5
    I would like to see a season of the show with the people that needed to leave due to injuries. Along with them I want a season of all the first people voted off. Give them a chance.

If I see Rob or Russell one more time on this program I will NEVER watch this show again. I would like to suggest having a season off all the first time voted off players go head to head. Irregardless of age/sex give them a chance to 'redeem' themselves. Have a special that shows more of the after effects of what happens to them before and after the show, a kind of behind the scene type show. Show what is needed to be a contestant, what shots are required (for health purposes) what happens revolving the weight loss. Insect bits, health issues, what does this show really entails?
  • Can't wait for Survivor: South Pacific!

Survivor is definitely one of my favorite reality shows of all time. Every season is completely different to one another. The challenges, contestants and twists are different every season. Jeff Probst is always going to be (IMO) the best host on tv! Every year I always look forward to watching two seasons of Survivor, one in the fall and one in the spring!

• I can think of other shows way better than this one!some of these people have nice paying jobs and they are getting stressed out about THIS experience?

I think that the contestants need to grow up. And if they can't say anything nice about each other then do say it to their face. Last few episodes ago, the 4th grade principle said that she can't take that kind of drama. My first thought was "what kind of school do you work at?" because i can not think of one school wether it is grade, middle, or high school that does not have its drama if not with the students themselves then with the parents. Like i said in the summary people have a good paying job so why are you in here if you don't like the people? You can go to your original work and get the people that annoy you and guess what you don't have to worry about getting some kind of a disease!! *is shocked*
  • 35r35

0.9
    hi dfn[ [epf oja[po [adspfj [sdpofj fjlodifjd,kfhj kfdjfkfjdkfj ifjldfjdofjdlfjo loifjfdojfldjldfdjflo fihjdfj jfdlf jlsd f ldfjfld l l jfdlfl dld ldfjld jfdlof ldo jfl l l lfjdlf o flid foi fj fj rfl foflfl o fld jfldlojf sdljfsdlf lf dlfj flo ffl df dlfjdlfojfodjf fj jfo jfjf lf fj f f jf f
  • Should of stayed with Season 1 then stopped there.

1.5
    What is it in reality telivsion where there are more then three seasons which Survior should only have one. Survior should have stuck with season 1 due to its a show which 16 or so which I don't know now or much at all but it would have been remembered if one person would have survived a certain amount of weeks. But now its not going to be remembered because of so many seasons for a show where you really have to survive. Im hearing that there is an old football player; I guess Survivor is turning into that stupid VH1 show (The Surreal Life).
  • reality show (sigh)

I have to admit i watch the first two seasons (every single episode), but season after season the show has been the same thing after same thing, the challenges are the same as the first seasons but with a small change. I really don't understand what appeals this show to people anymore, like 90 percent of reality shows out there this one needs to go. And how could they call a show that they have to be provided with food, survivor. With this being said I would recommend anyone to watch this show or any other show like this one.
  • WTF is this ****?

This is as entertaining as going to a picnic with your aunt Lola who is deaf in one ear & blind in both eyes (i don't have an aunt Lola). Boring, pointless, stupid, & you might even get a chuckle or two but that's that. Other than that, this show is LAME!
  • How did this crap survive this long

Can they come up with anything more stupid. There is no way I would do what those people do on the show. They need to knock this show off the air it has survived too long. They waste to much money on this show. As I have said before in my reviews for "Big Brother" and "The Amazing Race" either give me the money or give it to a place that helps people or animals. I gave this show an extra point because it can teach a person some things aboutlife in the wilderness. Ohterwise it just sucks, I hope they get rid of crap like this.
  • why watch???

2.5
    This show has no point?I mean we are gonna leave you on a island and put you to cangles,you have to find your own food and live for your self,I mean you go on the show and you are famous! with out really trying?Can some one plez tell me the point? I never really liked it i seen it a cuple times and hated it. It is sooooo stupid!
  • Survivor? boring....

Survivor seems to be getting worse and worse every year! Not to mention more boring.Why'd they have to ruin such a good show with all of these spin offs? The first season was great, but how much can its viewers take? After awhile I've just thought, haven't I seen this before? It's the same game over and over with little, tiny changes that mean nothing. I think that all of the new spins on it are just weak attempts to try and keep this dying show kicking. Well, it's not working for me. I just wish that CBS would put this show out of its misery. Its dying fast and pretty soon will just be remembered as a bad show.
  • Survivor is a relity tv show that takes average peple and putes them in a remote location and has them do tasks and every so often they put it to a vote to see who will be voted out.

1.1
    Two words REALITY-RETARDATION,whoever came up with the idea of this..this fine example of Americas downward spiral that is the reality tv show should be put in a room and be forced to watch re-runs of not only his/here show but re-runs of all of the other pointless reality tv shows.This show,that airs on the abc network,should not only be cancled but all copies of the show should be illegal in all 50 states and be burned so that the contents of the recording canot not only ammage Americas already reality-tv-washed braines any further but prevent any distruction of further generations.For 4 sesons Americans gave glued their eyes to the tv sets and watched it poison the semi-clean brodcasting network.
  • In 10 more years.. \"Survivor Mars\"

1.6
    This show has had its run. it should have stopped right after all stars. This show better be over within the next 4 years. Its getting boring!!! Nothing exicting happens we see the same thing over and over again.The 1st 5 seasons were awesome. I was a fan now with all of this crap coming out I have lost interest in this \"Reality show\". I don\'t understand how this show is getting good ratings for it to be on its 14th season.

They should have 3 more plain seasons than 1 more All Stars and then be done with it. No more Survivor ever!!!!!
  • Is anyone else as sick of this show as I am?

2.5
    I admit, I did watch the show occasionaly the first few seasons or so, but now I can\'t even tell you what is going on, or anything about it. I guess I am just sick of this show, and I am willing to bet, that I am not the only one who feels that way. How may times can you put 20 people on an island in the middle of nowhere? Yeah this so called \"reality\" show (and I say so called because, even though it is dangerous, and waivers have to be signed, CBS is not going to let anyone get killed) had it\'s moment, but I think it is time for CBS to come up with something else.
  • One of the most despicable reality shows to ever air on television, Survivor is the first of the sorry lot to teach values inimical to our already sick society. Most outrageous is its 'its o.k. to stab a team mate in the back to get ahead' philosophy.

I despise everything about this show. I despise the wretched phoniness of dividing contestants into 'teams' while at the same time encouraging team members to stab each other in the back to get ahead -- while working as a team! I despise its contestants, who are examples of the worst of the greed-bloated, me-first American character. I despise the host, a pretty boy acting like a tribal god dispensing favors and punishment to the confused and desperate contestants. I despise the creators of this series on general principles.

Most of all, I despise my country, the United Staes of America, who's values this show reflects.

A grotesque outrage.
  • Another pop culture phenomenon that has outstayed it's welcome.

Really, is anyone ever going to die on this show? I mean, it is reality tv, right? In real life you get lost in the desert or a national park, not some beautiful remote island. I can't emphasize how much I hate the women who MAKE my friends watch this show. None of thm like it, yet every week the girlfriends force them to watch. In the light of American Idol, realism takes a back seat to beauty and back-stabbing. The first season winner is now in jail for being to dumb to pay his taxes...great example for your kids America.
  • Its been on too long.

3.5
    Well its just the same old format every season so i dont see why it had such a big following. This beat Whose Line is it Anyway and I cant belive this beat Whose Line in the ratings. Survivor is just dumping some retards on an island so you can watch them make asses out of themselves for money.
  • May the best man/or woman win...does not apply to this show!

1.5
    I used to watch this show religiously. After watching the person who allied with a dominant teammate fly under the radar and win almost every time I lost interest. Several times the winner was not the person who outwitted and outplayed the others. Instead it was the person who made an alliance with the person who outplayed and outwitted the others. The person who did all the "playing" of the game usually got second. An example of this is Rob and Amber. NOBODY before in the game of Survivor had come close to playing as well as Rob(whether you like him or not) did, yet Amber still won. Again and Again this happened, because the people who are in the jury are not judging based on who has "outwitted", "outplayed" and "outlasted" the others. They are judging based on "who hurt their feelings" which should be saved for an appointment with "Dr Phil" and not used as a factor to determine who played the game better them. Anyway, this being said I do not know why this show still has so many faithful viewers?
  • just a show of survival.

5.1
    i dont really like this show anymore. the very first season was great but now, i dont know but it isnt as good as it once was. i cant really put my finger on it, but if anyone out there is the same way, then you understand what im saying.

i think the producers r trying too hard after the first seasons. i dont know but thats how i feel. a n d i really dont know of ANYONE who would want to be on that show. u practically starve to death and what if u get into the final 2 and au dont win. u just spent weeks in agony without enough food. someone please explain to me y anyone wants to go through that.
  • A pioneering show in tradition of the real world, but this time its a contest.

This show is a pioneer of reality gameshows that are so popular today. Reality TV is now a genre of its own, something that wasn\'t thought much about when MTV\'S The Reak World came out. Despite its popularity, I don\'t like this show. One word really describes this show, it really is AWFUL!!! It\'s wasted air time, every season is pretty much just like the last, even though they do spin offs and gimmicks, it\'s just repetitive nonsense. Its true networks make money out of this, people are excited about it, i\'m not. Richard Hatch true is the first reality winner, the others are just someone that won a million bucks, that\'s all they\'ll ever be. I just hate this show. Period.
  • a horrible reality show, completly dried up

survivor is the worst reality show ever. im writing this review because im terribly sick of it being on tv. whenever they annouced that they would divide the teams up by race. i was furious. how desperate did they have to be for ratings that they would make a stupid move like that. survivor was decent in its first season, but its going downhill really fast. they have completly ran out of ideas for this sad and sorry show that they have to rely on stupid ideas. im begging everybody to not tune in to the next season so we can get this horrid show off the air.
  • There are MANY races in the United States. One that is MOST often FORGOTTEN is the Native American. To be fair to ALL races, where is the Native American Group?? I honestly believe that every one forgets that the Native Americans.

2.1
    It is so interesting, we talk about how the Asians, Blacks, Mexicans and whites are all in the USA. What about the Native Americans?? Everything is about these other races, what about it, who is representing them??? No ONE! I honestly believe WE are being discriminated against again. What do u have to say about that, show producers??? I wonder what a class action suit against cbs survivor would do?
  • Alrighty then, we're going to segregate the five major races of America (and yes, for some reason, people totally ignore the Native Americans, who were once the only race of America)and pit them against eachother. How will this pan out?

6.4
    I'm black, with white brother in laws and many friends of other races. This race thing seems kind of idiotic to me. I mean, we are just now understanding how to get along with those of different races, what's up with throwing us into a heated competition for money? And don't get me started on the audience reaction! I mean, how would I feel if my white friend or my brother in law were watching this show with me, and then I said, "Oh, the black people are totally kickin ya'lls butts!" or, "Oh yeah! We're beating you now!" That would be incredibly akward.

I'm still going to tune in this season and watch, but I would feel so akward. Like, what if the black team won and I was really proud? Would I be dancing in front of my Asian friends and going, "ya'll lost! Blacks are superior!" Hopefully not, but what if some people do? Or what if "my" team loses? What does that illustrate/prove? Will it be used as evidence that stereotypes or racist beliefs are true about us? All I hope is that this goes well and without the drama I'm expecting.
  • This show will be around for a very long time. I predict it will stay around for at least another 5 seasons.

I think it will be around a lot longer than 5 seasons but i think 5 minimum. it is now a classic and everyone watches it. and even if you dont watch it all the time if there is nothing else on you can always count on survivor. It is a show you dont really have to watch every thursday to know what is going on. there are always going to be chanlenges and someone will always go home.other reality tv shows come and go but survivor is a constant.it is classic Television now. There is nothing stoping it, it is here to stay!
  • Folks are not happy about the new twist the show is taking.

I know a lot of people are not pleased with the direction Survivor 13 is planning to take. When the new season starts the teams will be divided into 4 ethnic groups. African-American, Caucasian, Latino, and Asian. Now at first I had the eye brow up when I first heard. I know I was not pleased when it was rumored The Apprentice was doing a Caucasian against African American themed show. However, as an African-American woman I’m not upset about the twist. In fact I happen to find it refreshing. Season 11 there were only Caucasian contestants. No blacks, no Latinos, no other ethnic race. I found that rather interesting. I also took a look to past seasons of the show to see the breakdown. For the most part the contestants have been “mostly” Caucasian. Here is the breakdown of each season.

Season 1 2 African-American Contestants
    Season 2 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Asian Season 3 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Latino
    Season 4 2 African-American Contestants Season 5 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Asian Season 6 1African-American Contestant and 1 Asian Season 7 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Latino
    Season 8 1 African-American Contestant and 1 Asian Season 9 1 African-American Contestant Season 10 2 African-American Contestants Season 11 All the contestants were Caucasian
    Season 12 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Asian So to date we have had 240 contestants appear on Survivor

Of the 240 21 have been African-American
    5 have been Asian
    2 have been Latino

Which means there have been a total of 212 contestants that were Caucasian.

For season 13 we get 5 of each, I like the idea of the diversity. The show has always struggled to have a diverse group of contestants. This season we finally get it and people want to complain. I’m a huge fan of the show, and I plan to watch it. I feel as long as the show does not stoop to “stereotypes” for the ethnic groups, I feel the show could be very eye opening.
  • I can't wait to see this show. The one and only Survivor : Cook Islands

I keep hearing rumors that the new "Cook Island Chalange" is going to be racist.
    I believe that each season brings something new, fun and exciting. I think people need to look at this show as if it were a different version of the Olympics. With four different ethnic backgrounds coming together, competing against one another, both physically and mentally, and eventually merging into one unit to see who is the fittest survivor is not what I would call racist. I think this will be a very well liked season and open peoples minds that it is just a game as if they were different countries competing against each other.
  • The concept of survivor is absolutely brilliant. From the first episode that aired I knew that they had hit gold. But the creators need to make sure that the gold doesn't turn out to be "fool's gold."

To keep this brilliant idea from turning into a boring overdone gameshow, the writers and concept creators need to tune in. They need to find ways that will let the show evolve naturally so that it will remain new and fresh. Every system requires maintenance oterwise there is the everpresent tendency toward chaos. They are trying new things this season but I am not sure if they are trying the right things. I watched the first episode set on the Cook Islands and I have to say that several moments throughout the episode made me extremely uneasy and gave me an intense creepy feeling. But, despite the creepiness and feelings of unease, I am on board to see where this new season takes us and them.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10