Survivor

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered May 31, 2000 In Season

maritimer00

Survivor Fan Reviews page 3 of 12

• There are MANY races in the United States. One that is MOST often FORGOTTEN is the Native American. To be fair to ALL races, where is the Native American Group?? I honestly believe that every one forgets that the Native Americans.

2.1
    It is so interesting, we talk about how the Asians, Blacks, Mexicans and whites are all in the USA. What about the Native Americans?? Everything is about these other races, what about it, who is representing them??? No ONE! I honestly believe WE are being discriminated against again. What do u have to say about that, show producers??? I wonder what a class action suit against cbs survivor would do?
  • Alrighty then, we're going to segregate the five major races of America (and yes, for some reason, people totally ignore the Native Americans, who were once the only race of America)and pit them against eachother. How will this pan out?

6.4
    I'm black, with white brother in laws and many friends of other races. This race thing seems kind of idiotic to me. I mean, we are just now understanding how to get along with those of different races, what's up with throwing us into a heated competition for money? And don't get me started on the audience reaction! I mean, how would I feel if my white friend or my brother in law were watching this show with me, and then I said, "Oh, the black people are totally kickin ya'lls butts!" or, "Oh yeah! We're beating you now!" That would be incredibly akward.

I'm still going to tune in this season and watch, but I would feel so akward. Like, what if the black team won and I was really proud? Would I be dancing in front of my Asian friends and going, "ya'll lost! Blacks are superior!" Hopefully not, but what if some people do? Or what if "my" team loses? What does that illustrate/prove? Will it be used as evidence that stereotypes or racist beliefs are true about us? All I hope is that this goes well and without the drama I'm expecting.
  • This show will be around for a very long time. I predict it will stay around for at least another 5 seasons.

I think it will be around a lot longer than 5 seasons but i think 5 minimum. it is now a classic and everyone watches it. and even if you dont watch it all the time if there is nothing else on you can always count on survivor. It is a show you dont really have to watch every thursday to know what is going on. there are always going to be chanlenges and someone will always go home.other reality tv shows come and go but survivor is a constant.it is classic Television now. There is nothing stoping it, it is here to stay!
  • Folks are not happy about the new twist the show is taking.

I know a lot of people are not pleased with the direction Survivor 13 is planning to take. When the new season starts the teams will be divided into 4 ethnic groups. African-American, Caucasian, Latino, and Asian. Now at first I had the eye brow up when I first heard. I know I was not pleased when it was rumored The Apprentice was doing a Caucasian against African American themed show. However, as an African-American woman I’m not upset about the twist. In fact I happen to find it refreshing. Season 11 there were only Caucasian contestants. No blacks, no Latinos, no other ethnic race. I found that rather interesting. I also took a look to past seasons of the show to see the breakdown. For the most part the contestants have been “mostly” Caucasian. Here is the breakdown of each season.

Season 1 2 African-American Contestants
    Season 2 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Asian Season 3 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Latino
    Season 4 2 African-American Contestants Season 5 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Asian Season 6 1African-American Contestant and 1 Asian Season 7 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Latino
    Season 8 1 African-American Contestant and 1 Asian Season 9 1 African-American Contestant Season 10 2 African-American Contestants Season 11 All the contestants were Caucasian
    Season 12 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Asian So to date we have had 240 contestants appear on Survivor

Of the 240 21 have been African-American
    5 have been Asian
    2 have been Latino

Which means there have been a total of 212 contestants that were Caucasian.

For season 13 we get 5 of each, I like the idea of the diversity. The show has always struggled to have a diverse group of contestants. This season we finally get it and people want to complain. I’m a huge fan of the show, and I plan to watch it. I feel as long as the show does not stoop to “stereotypes” for the ethnic groups, I feel the show could be very eye opening.
  • I can't wait to see this show. The one and only Survivor : Cook Islands

I keep hearing rumors that the new "Cook Island Chalange" is going to be racist.
    I believe that each season brings something new, fun and exciting. I think people need to look at this show as if it were a different version of the Olympics. With four different ethnic backgrounds coming together, competing against one another, both physically and mentally, and eventually merging into one unit to see who is the fittest survivor is not what I would call racist. I think this will be a very well liked season and open peoples minds that it is just a game as if they were different countries competing against each other.
  • The concept of survivor is absolutely brilliant. From the first episode that aired I knew that they had hit gold. But the creators need to make sure that the gold doesn't turn out to be "fool's gold."

To keep this brilliant idea from turning into a boring overdone gameshow, the writers and concept creators need to tune in. They need to find ways that will let the show evolve naturally so that it will remain new and fresh. Every system requires maintenance oterwise there is the everpresent tendency toward chaos. They are trying new things this season but I am not sure if they are trying the right things. I watched the first episode set on the Cook Islands and I have to say that several moments throughout the episode made me extremely uneasy and gave me an intense creepy feeling. But, despite the creepiness and feelings of unease, I am on board to see where this new season takes us and them.
  • Great Show. Glad it's lasted so long

Survivor is one of the best reality shows of all time. The players are real and the setting and pain is real. It is really exciting to watch the tribal council at the end. I wish the show had 2 hour episodes. I also wish there were 10 seasons a year. Not quite as good as The Amazing Race, but it is still good. They are now on the 13th season I think and I am not getting the least bit tireed of it. I would recommend it to anyone who has never watched it. This season is especially good because it is split up into 4 races. It makes it very intense and interesting.
  • Survivor 2nd episode.

What were they thinking? Throwing a challange just to get rid of poor Billy! But in defense of his tribe members I think he was a little off the wall when he announced at tribal his love at 1st sight for Candace. Anyway all the other tribes seem to holding up quite well. I love that long-haired guy on the Asian tribe that tells politically incorrect jokes and cures everyones headaches he's a trip!
  • Survivor, a show that is retty much every man to himself.

I wasn't into the first season of this show. But when the second season came out, I was really into the show. And after that, (for the next few seasons) each season got better and better. But then it came old to me and I stopped watching it. Just reciently I have started watching it again, when the newest season started (Cook Islands). So far the season is pretty decent and I am liking it. I'll probably watch the whole season.
  • Why is this show still on??? Somebody please explain it to me...

Ok, now this is getting rediculous! What else could they possibly do to make this show more interesting?! I am truly embarrassed that I watched even the first three series, and I am even more humiliated that our society supports this nonsense! Put an end to this rediculous reality show and come up with something more original! PLEASE!!!
  • Survivor is one of the best shows of all time. Watch it now.

Survivor is a show like no other. It started the reality show craze because of how quickly it caught on. There would be no American Idol or America's Next Top Model without Survivor, not to mention Survivor is a much better show than both of those. It is the ultimate human competition comparable to the Olympics. You must combine your physical and mental strengths to be a master of the show; it is not very probable you will win if you lack one or the other. If you think the tribal divisions for Cook Islands are prejudiced, you're sadly mistaken. The contestants couldn't care less and this season already is turning out to be a great one.
  • I love this - one great, big socio-psychological experiment. I watch this show knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt I wouldn't even make it off the boat.....I'd be voted off the island in the middle of the ocean...and subsequently thrown off!

16 people on an island - lots of fighting and backstabbing,
    feelings getting hurt, a handful of people doing all the work and the rest lying around the beach like a bunch of dead fish, and the main guy, Jeff Probst (very yummy, thank you) sounding sarcastic and incredulous.....when did they make a television show about my family????
  • i watch it but... i mean...

I love Survivor and if i miss an episode i get mad... it's fun to watch these people go behind each others backs and try hard to win the money
    it reminds me of real life with all the back stabbing! it reminds me of schools plays... everyone stabs your back becuase they think they are better then you and deserve a part of you no matter what

I usually have a favorite... or a few favorites... now i am more into the groups... i dont have a favorite yet becuase it seems like so many of them really want to be there and deserve to win at this point

it is the same every season...
  • Where has the STRATEGY gone, in the game called SURVIVOR?.

This series started off in such a big way, it had that TV show quality to reality TV. Almost like the show was scripted but it wasn't, you had clever people interacting with another and that's just how it came across. But since the All-Stars, this show has been slowly becoming more predictable. No one seems to have a single original thought but they all think they're the most intelligent person alive. What happen to stiring the pot, making things uncomfortable for those around you to get them off their game. Stealing from another tribe to get what you and your tribe needs. The willingness to lie, cheat, and backstab if it's necessary! Now we have the politically correct contestants, who think they can play this game with "INTEGRITY" or "HONESTY". Well if that's the case let me sign up. How hard is it to win a 6th grade popularity contest!?! Once the CBS network realizes that lying and cheating make for better television when it comes to "reality", we will probably start getting more interesting and driven people who are actually willing to do anything it takes to get 1 Million Dollars. Rather than just give it to the guy/girl that "the group" decides on. Until then all Survivors will be just average or fade out, probably sooner than later.
  • I used to love this show but it has gotten very old and very repetitive.

When this show first came on I was in 3rd grade and my parents and I really liked it. But now it seems like they try to do things different but nothing really changes. All its about is sex, back stabbing, and money. Know matter how hard they try to re package it, its still the same. They have the same type of people, the same basic challnges, and the same stupid host who takes himself way too seriously, all he does is host a reality show and I saw him on Oprah saying how hard his job is. Give me a break!
  • Survivor used to be so exciting, now it's just a chore for reality show watchers.

6.2
    Survivor used to be the best. It was original and exciting. Who would go home? What events would transpire? Could there be a romance? Now, it's the same old thing every episode. Reward, Immunity, Tribal Council. Reward, Immunity, Tribal Council. The whole season is like that. The twists are predictable and the same all season (double tribal council). The votes are more of a popularity contest and the people seem to have no personality until you get to the final 4 or so, and then it's too late. Survivor tryed to turn it up this season by dividing the tribes racially, proving that monkeys must write the show. That leads to another thing. People like to watch reality shows because they're, well, reality shows! Survivor is so obviously fake I can't stand it! If you crave reality shows, try The Amazing Race or Big Brother. The people have to fight to survive and the shows are more believable.
  • Survivor was, at its peak, the mother of all reality TV shows...frankly, its not what it used to be...

Survivor used to be a "must-see" TV staple in the early 2000s, but I have noticed as the years have worn on, Survivor just isn't what it used to be. I remember those Thursday nights very clearly...the entire family, with popcorn in hand, crowded around in our quaint family room to watch the new "reality" TV show. Those Thursday nights were always something to look forward to throughout the week, but I have found that those Thursdays are very few and far between nowadays. The Survivor that we once dreamed of being a contestant on has slowly left most of us, at least for me, as the same basic plot-line has continued itself for season after season (with the exception of Excile Island and the tribe-splits). Although Survivor is "past its prime", i have to say, Survivor is, by far, the best reality show of the decade...always a classic in my eyes.
  • reality game show classic

from the time survivor started, it was destined to be one of the most popular and remembered gameshows of its time. some seasons, especially survivor: all stars, haven't been as good as others, but it continues on with some new twists, such as exile island and the hidden immunity idol. some challenges are interesting, some are bordering on brutal, and some are downright dumb... but all the better to watch, right? beginning with season one (the only which i didnt watch, since i was young) there have been different tactics, such as the winner of that season walking around naked allegedly to "intimidate" the other contestants. i suppose it worked, although i dont know why they wouldn't have voted out someone like that... oh well. i would say my favorite survivor has been tina, winner of the survivor set in africa (also one of my favorite seasons because it wasnt set in one of the many monotonous tropical locations, although i did predict the location of survivor: amazon- they had to go there:). i even made a sign saying go tina for the last episode... yes, i was very much into that season. but still, out of all the seasons, i think one contestant stands out solely as the one who outwitted and outplayed the very best. yes, it's johnny fairplay. his "performance" when he pretended his grandmother had died in the interest of gaining sympathy from the voters of his tribe was, although quite immoral and somewhat cruel, pure genius. i was stunned to find out he had lied. i'm sure that moment will stay in the survivor hall of fame. another much-loved contestant was rupert, who stole the other team's shoes in keeping with his season's pirate theme. however i, as many others i'm sure, was very disappointed in survivor all-stars. he was simply not the same old rupert. my pick for the winner of survivor all-stars would have been stephanie. she tried so hard to win both in that season and her origial one, where they lived in mayan temples, i believe. she and bobby jon both worked hard, but i thought stephanie deserved it. and who could forget survivor's famous romance between boston rob and his boston accent and amber. the only problem was it really wasn't much of a contest in the end, because it was either rob or amber to win and they were going to get married and share the money anyway. finally, i will only ramble on a bit longer in my comprehensive memories of survivor to this season. i would like ozzy to win, because he is strong and i think he deserves it, being the seemingly half monkey, half fish provider for the team. but as we know, in survivor the person who deserves it seldom wins. and i laughed hysterically when the guy from this season who was voted off thought he and candice were in love. all i can say is poor, delusional soul.
  • Where did Survivor Jump the Shark?

There are so many moments its hard to pick one.

Actually I havent watched it much since Series 3 because eventually it was like, I really dont care who wins - they are all a bunch of self centered egotistical sociopaths who lie, cheat and screw you over . Though I still couldnt help laughing when I found out one the new contestants was named Candace Wooodcock - a woman with a name like that has to be tough as nails.

If they want me back there would have to be risk of death! Add events like actual Shark Jumping, Stringray Wrestling, Polar Bear hunt, fight the Smoke Monster, successfully raid the Others Camp and bring back the head of Ben! Oh wait, wrong show. LOL!
  • 16 player from around the US compete against each other in different tribes for 1 million dollers. Players have to form alliances/win immunities/ ect. to stay alive in the game. Last person left wins.

Personall, Survivor has been one of the first rality shows I had started watching. Some seasons may outdo others, but I would say Survivor is clearly one of the top reality shows out there. The producers and editors do a great job in revealing the outcome of the person voted out, mergers, ect. This is why i give it a 9+ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .
  • SURVIVOR

Survivor is my absolute favorite reality show because I like watching all the different challanges, and also I get attached to the people in it. Right now my favorite person in survivor is Ozzie. I like him a lot, he is really good at the challanges and is very strong, he is a really nice person and i really hope he wins the whole thing. But it scared me that on the last show they were talking about getting rid of him, I hope that he lasts until the merge because if he does then I'm sure he will win the whole thing. I also really liked flicka (jessica) but she got voted out which I think is really sad but I'll get over it... lol
  • Last week was a very interesting episode.The amazing 4 member team once again won the challenges.For the immunity challenge, Raro recived a little glass bottle with a piece of paper in it.Of course it was bad.

7.7
    Last week was a very interesting episode. The amazing 4 member team once again won the challenges. For the immunity challenge, Raro recived a little glass bottle with a piece of paper in it. Of course it was bad. At trible councel, Raro had to vote out two people from their tribe. They firt voted out Rebecca for her lack of ability in challenges. Then, once Rebecca left, Parvarti was able to open the bottle that contained the little note that they recived after losing another immunity challenge. They all thought it would say, \"This is the merge, go join the other tribe\". It did not say that. It said that now they had to vote out another member of their tribe. Amazingly, Jenny was voted out, without discussion.
  • seasons 2&3 are the only good seasons

Survivor it is just boring. The samething over and over.
    People crying because they voted out it is just boring. I only watced seasons 2&3. They were ok but is goes on and on. They stay at one place and never move around. you sit thier and you listen to people talk. If you want a good reality show watch The Amazing race. They don\\\\\\\'t just sit around. well they sit around like at the airport but they have to go all over the world they don\\\\\\\'t have to be in one place all the time. survior spends half of time at camp. that is what is boring. The task are the only good thing about it and they last about five seconds then it is back to camp. Boring.
  • Great show!

Survivor is also one of my favorite show that is very entertaining to me and mom. I watch it EVERY Thursday. I would be very disapointed if i missed a day! This show gets very intense and right now it is! My favorite characterss right now are Yul, adam, Candace, Paverti, and Sandra! Since the tribes merged it has been VERY intense since the tribes are opposites. One works together well and gets things done and the other doesn't work well together but they do think they are kool with buff men and pretty women. Adam and Cnadace are pretty cute together too! Keep up the great work everyone!

~Chandler~

P.S. How are Jeff and Julia(from previous survivor episodes) doing? Just curious!
  • Outwit, Outplay, Outlast. I love the new survivor. I love how they have differnt cultures playing together and against each other.

My favourite is the Asian Team. I think Yul is pretty hot for an Asian. he's got a hot body any decent guy would envy. The person, i hate the most is The "chick man", the man who stole a chicken from the stsrt of the show. He's funny without even trying. All the Survivior Series have been really cool, so far anyway.The finals are always the best. It always ends up with my favourite getting out of the competiton in the start though. I still watch it even though, my favourites aren't in it. It's family fun! : )
  • i luv this show

The rules of this game are simple: sixteen average Americans (eighteen in seasons 8, 9 and 11 and twenty in seasons 10 and 13) are abandoned in the middle of some of the most unforgiving places on earth. Divided into teams, they particiapte in challenges and every three days, the losing tribe must trek to Tribal Council to vote out one of their own. Halfway through the game, the game shifts to individual competitions when the tribes merge and become one, making the game every man for himself. The game is simple: Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, by winning Immunity, thus not being eligible to have votes cast against yourself. However, the players must be careful about who they send packing - after the merge, a jury of seven begins to form, and each week they return to watch the Tribal Council ceremony. At the end of the game, they vote for one of the members of the final two to win One Million Dollars. Who will become the next Survivor? Generally, each season begins with a twist - something different to surprise the new castaways. Survivor is a game of adaptation, and the final two of each season, listed below, were the players most able to adapt to their surroundings and to the people they are playing with. Survivor focuses on the people, and the social commentary that surrounds them. How can these players Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast is the question that the game revolves around.
  • A bunch of people doing totally crazy stuff for money? Pass.

1.7
    Okay, this show shows just how far people go for money. The media have seriously lost their mind. I mean, a group of people getting down one another throats during tight competition, voting people off maybe because they don't like them? Grrrrrrr. This is just a cheap way to make a TV show. To show people suffering stupid things for money and then putting it on tv. Its just as bad as fear factor, its the same thing, only they have expanded it past a point. I mean, they've been showing people suffer for money for how many years now? Cancel this show please.
  • It's too easy to survive.

I love Survivor, but I think the Survivors seem to be getting it just a little too easy. It seems that ins so many episodes the survivors get real food. They get to the merge, they get to feast. Surivor auction, they get to eat. Reward, feast with the family. Feasts are too common on the island. Also, all they have to do is strike flint with a machete to get fire. They don't make getting water hard at all either. They are supposed to fend for themselves to survive, instead it seems as if everything is given to them.
  • i love survivor, its the ultimate challenge!

i love the idea of being out in the wilderness & surviving on bare necessities. My favourite series is the one with the pirates theme and my favourite person is Rupert. i would like to be on survivor and try to "outwit, outlast, outplay" all remaining survivors. it would be the ultimate physical & mental challenge. being on survivor tests your abilitys to trust others, how to work on a team,how to live with mother nature & how to push yourself to the top of your game. its a game of skill and i'd love to give it a go. it would be the best opportunity for an experience of a lifetime.
  • i love survivor, its the ultimate challenge!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10