Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered May 31, 2000 In Season

Survivor Fan Reviews page 3 of 12

• Another pop culture phenomenon that has outstayed it's welcome.

Really, is anyone ever going to die on this show? I mean, it is reality tv, right? In real life you get lost in the desert or a national park, not some beautiful remote island. I can't emphasize how much I hate the women who MAKE my friends watch this show. None of thm like it, yet every week the girlfriends force them to watch. In the light of American Idol, realism takes a back seat to beauty and back-stabbing. The first season winner is now in jail for being to dumb to pay his taxes...great example for your kids America.
  • Its been on too long.

Well its just the same old format every season so i dont see why it had such a big following. This beat Whose Line is it Anyway and I cant belive this beat Whose Line in the ratings. Survivor is just dumping some retards on an island so you can watch them make asses out of themselves for money.
  • May the best man/or woman win...does not apply to this show!

I used to watch this show religiously. After watching the person who allied with a dominant teammate fly under the radar and win almost every time I lost interest. Several times the winner was not the person who outwitted and outplayed the others. Instead it was the person who made an alliance with the person who outplayed and outwitted the others. The person who did all the "playing" of the game usually got second. An example of this is Rob and Amber. NOBODY before in the game of Survivor had come close to playing as well as Rob(whether you like him or not) did, yet Amber still won. Again and Again this happened, because the people who are in the jury are not judging based on who has "outwitted", "outplayed" and "outlasted" the others. They are judging based on "who hurt their feelings" which should be saved for an appointment with "Dr Phil" and not used as a factor to determine who played the game better them. Anyway, this being said I do not know why this show still has so many faithful viewers?
  • just a show of survival.

i dont really like this show anymore. the very first season was great but now, i dont know but it isnt as good as it once was. i cant really put my finger on it, but if anyone out there is the same way, then you understand what im saying.

i think the producers r trying too hard after the first seasons. i dont know but thats how i feel. a n d i really dont know of ANYONE who would want to be on that show. u practically starve to death and what if u get into the final 2 and au dont win. u just spent weeks in agony without enough food. someone please explain to me y anyone wants to go through that.
  • A pioneering show in tradition of the real world, but this time its a contest.

This show is a pioneer of reality gameshows that are so popular today. Reality TV is now a genre of its own, something that wasn\'t thought much about when MTV\'S The Reak World came out. Despite its popularity, I don\'t like this show. One word really describes this show, it really is AWFUL!!! It\'s wasted air time, every season is pretty much just like the last, even though they do spin offs and gimmicks, it\'s just repetitive nonsense. Its true networks make money out of this, people are excited about it, i\'m not. Richard Hatch true is the first reality winner, the others are just someone that won a million bucks, that\'s all they\'ll ever be. I just hate this show. Period.
  • a horrible reality show, completly dried up

survivor is the worst reality show ever. im writing this review because im terribly sick of it being on tv. whenever they annouced that they would divide the teams up by race. i was furious. how desperate did they have to be for ratings that they would make a stupid move like that. survivor was decent in its first season, but its going downhill really fast. they have completly ran out of ideas for this sad and sorry show that they have to rely on stupid ideas. im begging everybody to not tune in to the next season so we can get this horrid show off the air.
  • There are MANY races in the United States. One that is MOST often FORGOTTEN is the Native American. To be fair to ALL races, where is the Native American Group?? I honestly believe that every one forgets that the Native Americans.

It is so interesting, we talk about how the Asians, Blacks, Mexicans and whites are all in the USA. What about the Native Americans?? Everything is about these other races, what about it, who is representing them??? No ONE! I honestly believe WE are being discriminated against again. What do u have to say about that, show producers??? I wonder what a class action suit against cbs survivor would do?
  • Alrighty then, we're going to segregate the five major races of America (and yes, for some reason, people totally ignore the Native Americans, who were once the only race of America)and pit them against eachother. How will this pan out?

I'm black, with white brother in laws and many friends of other races. This race thing seems kind of idiotic to me. I mean, we are just now understanding how to get along with those of different races, what's up with throwing us into a heated competition for money? And don't get me started on the audience reaction! I mean, how would I feel if my white friend or my brother in law were watching this show with me, and then I said, "Oh, the black people are totally kickin ya'lls butts!" or, "Oh yeah! We're beating you now!" That would be incredibly akward.

I'm still going to tune in this season and watch, but I would feel so akward. Like, what if the black team won and I was really proud? Would I be dancing in front of my Asian friends and going, "ya'll lost! Blacks are superior!" Hopefully not, but what if some people do? Or what if "my" team loses? What does that illustrate/prove? Will it be used as evidence that stereotypes or racist beliefs are true about us? All I hope is that this goes well and without the drama I'm expecting.
  • This show will be around for a very long time. I predict it will stay around for at least another 5 seasons.

I think it will be around a lot longer than 5 seasons but i think 5 minimum. it is now a classic and everyone watches it. and even if you dont watch it all the time if there is nothing else on you can always count on survivor. It is a show you dont really have to watch every thursday to know what is going on. there are always going to be chanlenges and someone will always go home.other reality tv shows come and go but survivor is a is classic Television now. There is nothing stoping it, it is here to stay!
  • Folks are not happy about the new twist the show is taking.

I know a lot of people are not pleased with the direction Survivor 13 is planning to take. When the new season starts the teams will be divided into 4 ethnic groups. African-American, Caucasian, Latino, and Asian. Now at first I had the eye brow up when I first heard. I know I was not pleased when it was rumored The Apprentice was doing a Caucasian against African American themed show. However, as an African-American woman I’m not upset about the twist. In fact I happen to find it refreshing. Season 11 there were only Caucasian contestants. No blacks, no Latinos, no other ethnic race. I found that rather interesting. I also took a look to past seasons of the show to see the breakdown. For the most part the contestants have been “mostly” Caucasian. Here is the breakdown of each season.

Season 1 2 African-American Contestants
    Season 2 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Asian Season 3 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Latino
    Season 4 2 African-American Contestants Season 5 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Asian Season 6 1African-American Contestant and 1 Asian Season 7 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Latino
    Season 8 1 African-American Contestant and 1 Asian Season 9 1 African-American Contestant Season 10 2 African-American Contestants Season 11 All the contestants were Caucasian
    Season 12 2 African-American Contestants and 1 Asian So to date we have had 240 contestants appear on Survivor

Of the 240 21 have been African-American
    5 have been Asian
    2 have been Latino

Which means there have been a total of 212 contestants that were Caucasian.

For season 13 we get 5 of each, I like the idea of the diversity. The show has always struggled to have a diverse group of contestants. This season we finally get it and people want to complain. I’m a huge fan of the show, and I plan to watch it. I feel as long as the show does not stoop to “stereotypes” for the ethnic groups, I feel the show could be very eye opening.
  • I can't wait to see this show. The one and only Survivor : Cook Islands

I keep hearing rumors that the new "Cook Island Chalange" is going to be racist.
    I believe that each season brings something new, fun and exciting. I think people need to look at this show as if it were a different version of the Olympics. With four different ethnic backgrounds coming together, competing against one another, both physically and mentally, and eventually merging into one unit to see who is the fittest survivor is not what I would call racist. I think this will be a very well liked season and open peoples minds that it is just a game as if they were different countries competing against each other.
  • The concept of survivor is absolutely brilliant. From the first episode that aired I knew that they had hit gold. But the creators need to make sure that the gold doesn't turn out to be "fool's gold."

To keep this brilliant idea from turning into a boring overdone gameshow, the writers and concept creators need to tune in. They need to find ways that will let the show evolve naturally so that it will remain new and fresh. Every system requires maintenance oterwise there is the everpresent tendency toward chaos. They are trying new things this season but I am not sure if they are trying the right things. I watched the first episode set on the Cook Islands and I have to say that several moments throughout the episode made me extremely uneasy and gave me an intense creepy feeling. But, despite the creepiness and feelings of unease, I am on board to see where this new season takes us and them.
  • Great Show. Glad it's lasted so long

Survivor is one of the best reality shows of all time. The players are real and the setting and pain is real. It is really exciting to watch the tribal council at the end. I wish the show had 2 hour episodes. I also wish there were 10 seasons a year. Not quite as good as The Amazing Race, but it is still good. They are now on the 13th season I think and I am not getting the least bit tireed of it. I would recommend it to anyone who has never watched it. This season is especially good because it is split up into 4 races. It makes it very intense and interesting.
  • Survivor 2nd episode.

What were they thinking? Throwing a challange just to get rid of poor Billy! But in defense of his tribe members I think he was a little off the wall when he announced at tribal his love at 1st sight for Candace. Anyway all the other tribes seem to holding up quite well. I love that long-haired guy on the Asian tribe that tells politically incorrect jokes and cures everyones headaches he's a trip!
  • Survivor, a show that is retty much every man to himself.

I wasn't into the first season of this show. But when the second season came out, I was really into the show. And after that, (for the next few seasons) each season got better and better. But then it came old to me and I stopped watching it. Just reciently I have started watching it again, when the newest season started (Cook Islands). So far the season is pretty decent and I am liking it. I'll probably watch the whole season.
  • Why is this show still on??? Somebody please explain it to me...

Ok, now this is getting rediculous! What else could they possibly do to make this show more interesting?! I am truly embarrassed that I watched even the first three series, and I am even more humiliated that our society supports this nonsense! Put an end to this rediculous reality show and come up with something more original! PLEASE!!!
  • Survivor is one of the best shows of all time. Watch it now.

Survivor is a show like no other. It started the reality show craze because of how quickly it caught on. There would be no American Idol or America's Next Top Model without Survivor, not to mention Survivor is a much better show than both of those. It is the ultimate human competition comparable to the Olympics. You must combine your physical and mental strengths to be a master of the show; it is not very probable you will win if you lack one or the other. If you think the tribal divisions for Cook Islands are prejudiced, you're sadly mistaken. The contestants couldn't care less and this season already is turning out to be a great one.
  • I love this - one great, big socio-psychological experiment. I watch this show knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt I wouldn't even make it off the boat.....I'd be voted off the island in the middle of the ocean...and subsequently thrown off!

16 people on an island - lots of fighting and backstabbing,
    feelings getting hurt, a handful of people doing all the work and the rest lying around the beach like a bunch of dead fish, and the main guy, Jeff Probst (very yummy, thank you) sounding sarcastic and incredulous.....when did they make a television show about my family????
  • i watch it but... i mean...

I love Survivor and if i miss an episode i get mad... it's fun to watch these people go behind each others backs and try hard to win the money
    it reminds me of real life with all the back stabbing! it reminds me of schools plays... everyone stabs your back becuase they think they are better then you and deserve a part of you no matter what

I usually have a favorite... or a few favorites... now i am more into the groups... i dont have a favorite yet becuase it seems like so many of them really want to be there and deserve to win at this point

it is the same every season...
  • Where has the STRATEGY gone, in the game called SURVIVOR?.

This series started off in such a big way, it had that TV show quality to reality TV. Almost like the show was scripted but it wasn't, you had clever people interacting with another and that's just how it came across. But since the All-Stars, this show has been slowly becoming more predictable. No one seems to have a single original thought but they all think they're the most intelligent person alive. What happen to stiring the pot, making things uncomfortable for those around you to get them off their game. Stealing from another tribe to get what you and your tribe needs. The willingness to lie, cheat, and backstab if it's necessary! Now we have the politically correct contestants, who think they can play this game with "INTEGRITY" or "HONESTY". Well if that's the case let me sign up. How hard is it to win a 6th grade popularity contest!?! Once the CBS network realizes that lying and cheating make for better television when it comes to "reality", we will probably start getting more interesting and driven people who are actually willing to do anything it takes to get 1 Million Dollars. Rather than just give it to the guy/girl that "the group" decides on. Until then all Survivors will be just average or fade out, probably sooner than later.
  • I used to love this show but it has gotten very old and very repetitive.

When this show first came on I was in 3rd grade and my parents and I really liked it. But now it seems like they try to do things different but nothing really changes. All its about is sex, back stabbing, and money. Know matter how hard they try to re package it, its still the same. They have the same type of people, the same basic challnges, and the same stupid host who takes himself way too seriously, all he does is host a reality show and I saw him on Oprah saying how hard his job is. Give me a break!
  • Survivor used to be so exciting, now it's just a chore for reality show watchers.

Survivor used to be the best. It was original and exciting. Who would go home? What events would transpire? Could there be a romance? Now, it's the same old thing every episode. Reward, Immunity, Tribal Council. Reward, Immunity, Tribal Council. The whole season is like that. The twists are predictable and the same all season (double tribal council). The votes are more of a popularity contest and the people seem to have no personality until you get to the final 4 or so, and then it's too late. Survivor tryed to turn it up this season by dividing the tribes racially, proving that monkeys must write the show. That leads to another thing. People like to watch reality shows because they're, well, reality shows! Survivor is so obviously fake I can't stand it! If you crave reality shows, try The Amazing Race or Big Brother. The people have to fight to survive and the shows are more believable.
  • Survivor was, at its peak, the mother of all reality TV shows...frankly, its not what it used to be...

Survivor used to be a "must-see" TV staple in the early 2000s, but I have noticed as the years have worn on, Survivor just isn't what it used to be. I remember those Thursday nights very clearly...the entire family, with popcorn in hand, crowded around in our quaint family room to watch the new "reality" TV show. Those Thursday nights were always something to look forward to throughout the week, but I have found that those Thursdays are very few and far between nowadays. The Survivor that we once dreamed of being a contestant on has slowly left most of us, at least for me, as the same basic plot-line has continued itself for season after season (with the exception of Excile Island and the tribe-splits). Although Survivor is "past its prime", i have to say, Survivor is, by far, the best reality show of the decade...always a classic in my eyes.
  • reality game show classic

from the time survivor started, it was destined to be one of the most popular and remembered gameshows of its time. some seasons, especially survivor: all stars, haven't been as good as others, but it continues on with some new twists, such as exile island and the hidden immunity idol. some challenges are interesting, some are bordering on brutal, and some are downright dumb... but all the better to watch, right? beginning with season one (the only which i didnt watch, since i was young) there have been different tactics, such as the winner of that season walking around naked allegedly to "intimidate" the other contestants. i suppose it worked, although i dont know why they wouldn't have voted out someone like that... oh well. i would say my favorite survivor has been tina, winner of the survivor set in africa (also one of my favorite seasons because it wasnt set in one of the many monotonous tropical locations, although i did predict the location of survivor: amazon- they had to go there:). i even made a sign saying go tina for the last episode... yes, i was very much into that season. but still, out of all the seasons, i think one contestant stands out solely as the one who outwitted and outplayed the very best. yes, it's johnny fairplay. his "performance" when he pretended his grandmother had died in the interest of gaining sympathy from the voters of his tribe was, although quite immoral and somewhat cruel, pure genius. i was stunned to find out he had lied. i'm sure that moment will stay in the survivor hall of fame. another much-loved contestant was rupert, who stole the other team's shoes in keeping with his season's pirate theme. however i, as many others i'm sure, was very disappointed in survivor all-stars. he was simply not the same old rupert. my pick for the winner of survivor all-stars would have been stephanie. she tried so hard to win both in that season and her origial one, where they lived in mayan temples, i believe. she and bobby jon both worked hard, but i thought stephanie deserved it. and who could forget survivor's famous romance between boston rob and his boston accent and amber. the only problem was it really wasn't much of a contest in the end, because it was either rob or amber to win and they were going to get married and share the money anyway. finally, i will only ramble on a bit longer in my comprehensive memories of survivor to this season. i would like ozzy to win, because he is strong and i think he deserves it, being the seemingly half monkey, half fish provider for the team. but as we know, in survivor the person who deserves it seldom wins. and i laughed hysterically when the guy from this season who was voted off thought he and candice were in love. all i can say is poor, delusional soul.
  • Where did Survivor Jump the Shark?

There are so many moments its hard to pick one.

Actually I havent watched it much since Series 3 because eventually it was like, I really dont care who wins - they are all a bunch of self centered egotistical sociopaths who lie, cheat and screw you over . Though I still couldnt help laughing when I found out one the new contestants was named Candace Wooodcock - a woman with a name like that has to be tough as nails.

If they want me back there would have to be risk of death! Add events like actual Shark Jumping, Stringray Wrestling, Polar Bear hunt, fight the Smoke Monster, successfully raid the Others Camp and bring back the head of Ben! Oh wait, wrong show. LOL!
  • 16 player from around the US compete against each other in different tribes for 1 million dollers. Players have to form alliances/win immunities/ ect. to stay alive in the game. Last person left wins.

Personall, Survivor has been one of the first rality shows I had started watching. Some seasons may outdo others, but I would say Survivor is clearly one of the top reality shows out there. The producers and editors do a great job in revealing the outcome of the person voted out, mergers, ect. This is why i give it a 9+ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . .

Survivor is my absolute favorite reality show because I like watching all the different challanges, and also I get attached to the people in it. Right now my favorite person in survivor is Ozzie. I like him a lot, he is really good at the challanges and is very strong, he is a really nice person and i really hope he wins the whole thing. But it scared me that on the last show they were talking about getting rid of him, I hope that he lasts until the merge because if he does then I'm sure he will win the whole thing. I also really liked flicka (jessica) but she got voted out which I think is really sad but I'll get over it... lol
  • Last week was a very interesting episode.The amazing 4 member team once again won the challenges.For the immunity challenge, Raro recived a little glass bottle with a piece of paper in it.Of course it was bad.

Last week was a very interesting episode. The amazing 4 member team once again won the challenges. For the immunity challenge, Raro recived a little glass bottle with a piece of paper in it. Of course it was bad. At trible councel, Raro had to vote out two people from their tribe. They firt voted out Rebecca for her lack of ability in challenges. Then, once Rebecca left, Parvarti was able to open the bottle that contained the little note that they recived after losing another immunity challenge. They all thought it would say, \"This is the merge, go join the other tribe\". It did not say that. It said that now they had to vote out another member of their tribe. Amazingly, Jenny was voted out, without discussion.
  • seasons 2&3 are the only good seasons

Survivor it is just boring. The samething over and over.
    People crying because they voted out it is just boring. I only watced seasons 2&3. They were ok but is goes on and on. They stay at one place and never move around. you sit thier and you listen to people talk. If you want a good reality show watch The Amazing race. They don\\\\\\\'t just sit around. well they sit around like at the airport but they have to go all over the world they don\\\\\\\'t have to be in one place all the time. survior spends half of time at camp. that is what is boring. The task are the only good thing about it and they last about five seconds then it is back to camp. Boring.
  • Great show!

Survivor is also one of my favorite show that is very entertaining to me and mom. I watch it EVERY Thursday. I would be very disapointed if i missed a day! This show gets very intense and right now it is! My favorite characterss right now are Yul, adam, Candace, Paverti, and Sandra! Since the tribes merged it has been VERY intense since the tribes are opposites. One works together well and gets things done and the other doesn't work well together but they do think they are kool with buff men and pretty women. Adam and Cnadace are pretty cute together too! Keep up the great work everyone!

P.S. How are Jeff and Julia(from previous survivor episodes) doing? Just curious!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10