Survivor

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered May 31, 2000 In Season

maritimer00

Survivor Fan Reviews page 5 of 12

• This is a very wonderful show!

7.9
    The rules of this game are simple: sixteen average Americans (eighteen in seasons 8, 9 and 11, nineteen in season 14 and twenty in seasons 10 and 13) are abandoned in the middle of some of the most unforgiving places on earth. Divided into teams, they particiapte in challenges and every three days, the losing tribe must trek to Tribal Council to vote out one of their own. Halfway through the game, the game shifts to individual competitions when the tribes merge and become one, making the game every man for himself.

The game is simple: Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, by winning Immunity, thus not being eligible to have votes cast against yourself. However, the players must be careful about who they send packing - after the merge, a jury of seven begins to form, and each week they return to watch the Tribal Council ceremony. At the end of the game, they vote for one of the members of the final two to win One Million Dollars. Who will become the next Survivor?

Generally, each season begins with a twist - something different to surprise the new castaways. Survivor is a game of adaptation, and the final two of each season, listed below, were the players most able to adapt to their surroundings and to the people they are playing with. Survivor focuses on the people, and the social commentary that surrounds them. How can these players Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast is the question that the game revolves around.
  • This was once a good show, now it's just garbage

Hmmm. a lot to say about this show surely!

It was once good but now it just deserves to be canceled or something because each new season is worse than the one before, WHY BOTHER???!!! This new series 'Survivor: China' you already know it's going to suck, we can just tell.

THe show was good up until Panama: Exile island, that was the last good one, the ones after that were stupid, silly, dull and boring, so was Guatamala. I mean what is this show a joke? What is wrong with the producers? Where has the old Survivor gone to? Timbuktoo...??? There were only a couple of seasons I enjoyed anyway: Marquesas, Pearl Islands, Vanuatu and Palau. The rest were a load of rubbish, silly, stupid and boring. So long Survivor, namaste and baaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddd luck............... Hahahahaha. Seriously, It makes me upset watching shows that were really good and then be thrown in the fire like a piece of trash! I already wrote a review like this on 'American Idol' this is exactly the same.
  • When it's just getting a bit old..

Being a huge survivor fan, I must admit now I am beginning to get bit bored! They have pretty much kept the show on the same lines over the years, while they could have done some major changes, to keep the fans more interested. Yes, the number of people being sent there is often different, yes they have put men and women to different teams. But is that enough? It doesn't change how the show goes. You can always predict who gets voted out, you can pretty much know who are on the final by watching few episodes. Everything is so predictable and seen so many times before. Maybe it really is time to do some major changes, to the lovely show called.. Survivor. Before it gets voted of from the tv
  • Contestants compete in various challenges to become the last survivor and win a $1,000,000 prize.

Survivor: China is still fun to watch, but it lacks the appeal of previous Survivor seasons. Hopefully, it will improve, though. I still think that it's the best reality show out there. It's a pretty good show, and I highly suggest it to everyone who enjoys reality shows. Those of you who don't may also enjoy Survivor: China. It goes above and beyond reality TV by incorporating action and suspense into the game. Although, the Survivor series may be dieing, it will still go out with a bang. I give this show a raing of 8.5 out of a perfect ten.
  • Its getting a tad annoying!

2.5
    I liked this show at first and everything but can they be done already? Do they really need 15 seasons of this show? I'm personally tired of Survivor myself. We get it already CBS! It is the same stuff over and over again except a different location each time and different people who all think they are going to win. At least Amazing Race has some new twist in it! I think 4 seasons of this show was enough. I cast my vote to kick off this show. CBS you need to add more twist. Gosh! And give the contestants some more clothes too. Thanks. If you disagree with me thats ok we all have our right to our own opinions.
  • Still the best reality show out there...

Of all the reality shows I've seen (I've seen a lot), this one is my personal favorite. A lot of realities shows out there are crap. They're always the same thing--nine women competing for love, people trying to be someone else, people wanting to be a rock start, etc. This one has been around for a long time (I know a lot of people think it's getting old, but honestly, I've seen every season and I'm still not tired of it) and I personally believe it's the best reality show out there. There aren't any other ones like it, it's actually difficult, there's conflict, there's tension, it's exciting, it's just an overall great show and I think I'll be watching it until it's gone.
  • Survivor is a game-show and a reality involving living on a island for almost two months.

Survivor first aired on May 31, 2000, it is hosted by Jeff Probst. I think Survivor is a really cool show. I give Survivor a 9.5. This is a show about some people that go on an island and live on their own for 40 days. I think this show should be on the network for a while. In my opinion, it is one of the best reality shows. Jeff Probst is a great host, I hope he hosts Survivor for a long time. I don't know if I would survive on an island for 40 days with out home things like a phone, appropriate food, drink, or clothing.
  • hello my name is Owen Stordy. I come from Canada, BC. I am 19 years of age, and would like to suggest an option for your gameshow.

Every survivor episode has been pretty close to the same. The show really needs a new spark to it, dont get me wrong i still love it. But there is nothing wrong with a little change, if you ask me. So, my idea that i am presenting is an all young adult survivor. Canadians Vs. Americans, the all time showdown. I have drempt about being on the show but there is only one problem. Im not american... its time to expand. I know for a fact that the show is very popular here in canada, and should be addressed. Please send me an email and let me know what you think of the idea. Thank you very much! Owen Stordy.
  • The best reality show ever made.

Welcome Sky's blogs and junk fans! I will review the reality tv show hit named Survivor, in this bizzare show you will meet 16/18 average americans who must spend there time in a camp. Each contestnat are separated in two teams of 8/9 and must learn how to get along with each other, work around the camp and win reward/immunity challenges as a group. When a tribe wins a reward challenge, they get something that could help them around the camp or have a time of there lives, and every three days a new immunity challenge will be posted in the treemail. When the challenge is over and the winner is revealed, they get the immunity idol which protects them from getting voted off the island. The losing tribe will sent to tribal council, the place where the fallen ones leave, the contestant with the most votes leaves the game. After half of the contestants are gone, a merge will be made with the two teams, which is now invidual immunity. Once someone won, they cannot be voted off. During the final two/three, all of the contestants who made the merge will decide the final winneras the jury.

Survivor, is one of the best reality tv shows around the world. I like to see the challenges and the contestants in action and there's many memorable moments that will make you "laught out loud". I truly recommend this show for everyone, as everyone can enjoy this show.
  • Survior began with a bang and since then has gone downhill each season. From time to time they have a great season but then it loses it's edge.

7.3
    This season seemed like it was going to be a great one but the drama has died down a bit and become pretty borning. We need something to spice it up in order to save the season. Hair pulling, sex, love... give us something. Everyone is so nice and if they aren't they seem to keep it from each other and hide the truth. I will probably watch this show until it is cancelled but I will defiantly DVR it rather then watching live like I do my other Favorite shows. Too bad they can't speed it up and spice it up.
  • One of the leaders still

Mark Burnett knows his stuff. Jeff is one of my favorite presenters ever. He would go to tribal council and mention the things that you think would be a secret, challenge tribe members... Boy it is good. There was a patch that they went through bad episodes but with new twists I think it is one of the best reality shows. This is one I PVR (TEVO). Best episode was when that Guy thought he was IN LOVE. ...
    Girls: ".. we still love you."
    Guy: "AND I LOVE YOU" And then Jeff brings it up at tribal council and at the reunion show. HAHAHEHE. That was absolutely fabulous.
  • best reality show out there

I'm extremely critical when it comes to television and there aren't many shows around that I DON'T pan. Survivor happens to be one of them. I can't get enough of this show! For me, it's really more of a game show with a mix of reality, drama and characterisation thrown in. The best part is that fact that these are real everyday people and not actors, who are thrown into a fantasy situation and left to their own devices (most of the time). I also enjoy the way certain characters grow on you and others are repulsed as each season draws closer and closer to the end. For some strange reason I particularly find the contestants more attractive when they're in their natural state and in their element than when they're back in the studio, all "glammed up" and civilised. I wonder if I'm alone in this...
  • Since its first episode in 2000, Survivor has never failed to interest me and fail me on Thursday nights.

This is definitely one of the only two shows I watch on Thursdays. I suggest this show to everyone who is looking for some great drama and action. I love watching all those people trying to live in their conditions with less food and 15 other heads with them. Everything is real and I love watching the character development of every person throughout the season. The seasons have always changed every year with new people and new ideas, but before you disregard all of them take a peak for at least five episodes. I guarantee you that if you don't like what you see, wait for about the fifth or sixth episode when the drama REALLY begins. I love watching manipulation and betrayal. This is something I hope to do when I'm old enough. My favorite seasons are Australia, Pearl Islands, All-Stars, and Cook Islands. My favorite survivors include Colby, Ozzy, Yau Man, Elisabeth, and Yul. I suggest this show to all people.
  • Survivor is a reality television game show produced in many countries.In the show, contestants are isolated and compete.The show uses a progressive elimination, allowing the contestants to vote off a tribe member,until 1 final contestant remains and wins.

Survivor is possibly one of the best reality TV shows out there, and as with all Survivors they just keep getting better and better. New location's and interesting mixes of people adds to the show. Contestants compete against each other to win the massive prize of $1,000,000. Outplay Outwin Outlast are Survivor's 'motto's' and they do not go unnoticed in the game. Every episode is full of trickery, deception and lies all to win the glorious prize. From diving deep into the ocean to retrieving keys to unlock a box to solving riddles are a few of many challenges that contestants face in Survivor. For me Survivor is the best reality show ever.
  • A diffrent kind of reality TV show, interesting, yet good.

This reality TV show is basically set in random countries, they have up to about 20 contestents who compete against there opponents for a great deal of prize money. The contestents are divided into diffrent groups, and are asked to complete numerous tasks. Every week they have to eliminate someone that means in some cases some of there own. They live on little food and set up camps doesnt that explain why it's called "SURVIVOR" It's a fun show to watch with the family, It's quite funny to sice you sometimes (if your lucky) get to see people have full-on tantrums. Im not saying what there doing is easy, because it certinaly isn't. Yes it's a good show and i would reccomend it!
  • Now its just begging for viewers.

2.8
    When Survivor first started it was new and interesting. But now its just trying too hard to get people to watch it. Every year its the same this. They get a bunch of people to go to some island or outback and do challanges. Every year! Its gets really dull really fast. I mean back in the first two to three seasons it was new and like everyone else I watched but now its just not worth the hour.
    They did a season where they separated the people by race (which was the first sign this show wont last that longer) and now this fan favorites vs. the fans. Save your self the time and bordom and just watch something new.
  • Fans vs. Faves: Faves already making alliances. James/Parvarti/Ozzie/Amanda vs. Eliza/Aimee/Yau Man/ Jonathan. Amanda/James in the same final 4 alliance? She was the one who orchastrated James' vote off. That will be interesting. Now, who will get Cirie.

6.9
    I'm a total reality TV whore and Survivor is my biggest customer. When I watched the first ep of this next season, I found myself wondering who the heck a lot of these Faves were. There are so many seasons, that I can no longer keep locations/people straight. I could still tell you all the castaways from seasons 1 and 2 and remember a lot of the Faves from the All-Stars, but it's definately getting difficult to keep it all straight.

For example, I'd already forgotten where the last installment was. And I couldn't tell you who won.

Yet, I still can't get enough of survivor, even if it's not what it used to be.
  • I don't watch reality shows and this plot is done so much better on Lost which has drama and characters I care about not stupid people paid to act like idiots seriously if I wanted to watch this crap I would watch American Idol which I also hate

Well I'd say my summary sums up what I think of this and other reality shows they are pure trash and I wish people would wise up and stop watching them. I don't care for reality I'd rather lose myself in a fantasy world populated by demons, spies, vampires, vampire spies, vampire cops, lol umm you get the idea. People need to watch more drama and less reality yes I know due to the strike there's little on these days but that's the beauty of movies you don't have to watch reality tv pop a movie in and flip your tv to a black screen. Or you could always *horrors* read something. Or catch up on old shows this can be done alot easier if you have cable as they rerun things all the time. Just try to stay away from mindless garbage like this and American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, and any other reality/game shows out there the only one that really makes you think are the quiz shows like Jeopardy
  • This show has always been intriguing, but the new season of Fans VS Favorites is one of the best!

I never watched the first breakthrough season Survivor had, but I remember everyone talking about it. So much so that I did watch the second season. I loved Elizabeth, she was my favorite and I said that I would watch the show as long as she was on it. Well, she went to the end, ended up getting 4th in the final episode, so I watched it all. Not intentionally, I've watched about half of the seasons since then, and it truly is my guilty pleasure show!

This show is a fascinating take on human nature, survival, group-think and trust. As the show continues, the players get better, or more aware of what is going on which just makes them more suspicious of each other. The strategy is always the same, and it usually comes down to one persuasive person to swing the group.

Taken with a grain of salt, anyone can get into this show on a given season!
  • I absolutely love this show. It's action-packed, and has excellent strategy involved that keep you on the edge of your seat.

When sixteen people are taken away from their family, friends, and pets, and brought to a remote trpical island, Survivor is where your at. Jeff Probst is probably my favorite Reality TV Show Host along with Phil ? from the Amazing Race. Physical challenges is the thing I look forward to the most. From wrestling matches to swimming for keys, to the most grueling puzzles imaginable! Reward challenges are still important because they push you to win so you can get supplies, have a good meal, or even go to a spa, but Immunity challenges are the most important. Win and you and your tribe are immune from being voted out. Alliances, allies, enemies, all part of life at your tribe camp. This is where the strategy takes place. Not following all this? Watch and you'll see.
  • This show is a personal favourite of mine ever since it premiered in 2000.

Survivor still is able to get my attention after 15 seasons, which is amazing. There are still enough twists and turns the show can take without getting to repetitive and boring. I have yet to see fans vs. favourites (as I'm Australian) but I really do think that it will be a good season, with enough of my favourite castaways coming back. I have had favourite castaways like everyone else. I do hope Survivor can still entertain me because it's a really good show and it's one I've followed since day 1. I think I've missed only 2 episodes since the whole run (excluding season 4, which wasn't broadcast here).
  • This show has the best clash of personality for a reality show.

This show is just one of the best reality shows in the world, stuff Kid Nation. But does have some negatives like; lack of games and if the announcer would stop waiting to answer would put survivor even higher on the world ratings. The shows is where 16 castaways is put in a remote location in the world where they are put in two teams, there are two challenges reward and immunity. In the reward they compete in challenges to reiceve prizes e.g food and letter from loved ones. Survivor is the one of the best shows in the world but with a few enhancments of my ideas the show would be a greater success.
  • I've loved this show for as longs as I known it.

I haven't watched every season, but I've watched enough seasons to know exactly how much I love this show. When this series premiered, I was only 6yrs. But my dad introduced this show to me and my brother and sister. Ever since then, this show has never let me down.

Not only does every season have to have players with physical strength, but also mental strength and be able to play a lot of strategies along with backstabbing people along the way. That's one thing I love about this show. This show also lets people come together (mostly different backgrounds) and basically bond with each other.

So overall, this show has never disappointed me yet. Just as every season is better than the last in one way or another.
  • The epic adventure that started it all, this is the Mecca of reality television upon which all other reality shows should be judged..

Once upon a time..On an Island far far away…
    SURVIVOR

In the beginning there was 1 man, in the beginning there was Jeff Probst. From that day forward he would serve as the ritualistic overseer and naysayer of all events to come, and who better ? But even before there was Jeff, 1 man had a vision, That man was Mark Burnett the father and perhaps greatest pioneer of reality tv, and that vision was to create a show brining unique individuals together and force them survive harsh environments while at the same time compete for dominance among the group, because in the end there can be only one. What he proposed was possibly one of the biggest social experiments captured on film and would inevitable go down in annuls television history. The shows theme was simple and perfect, Outwit,Outplay,Outlast.

His concept was brought to life starting in 1999 when 16 ordinary but interesting Americans were cast upon an island miles and miles away from civilization, stranded with only a small group of people and the elements the biggest question became how would they survive? Once rules, settings, and personalities were established, the show took on a less social nature in return for a more political one. Although strong physical aspects were well represented, curiously those with a more strategic mindset proved to have the advantage.

Survivor soon earned its credibility and attracted a large international audience.
    Back then little did anyone seem to know how it would serve as a catalyst for the incredible surge of reality shows in the future.

The first Season was an instant classic with unforgettable moments and a warm colorful cast. The follow up was much anticipated and failed to disappoint, as the 2nd Season reached new heights of popularity and overall outdid the previous.

Many, many more Seasons would follow and each one delivering something new and surprising. For years Survivor would continue to dominate as one of the most well received and prolific shows of its time, winning several awards and honors.

To this day, coming close to its 10 year anniversary Survivor remains as entertaining as ever, and the way I see it has no signs of stopping. But what really makes Survivor such a big and influential show? That's tough to say because there are so many interesting factors that contribute to its success. However, I can describe some of the key aspects that have always been a crucial part of what makes Survivor so very much worth while. Social Dynamics: Men and Women of all races and professions gathered together, struggling together, yet at the same time driven to conspire against each other. Human Drama was bound to unfold, and it has, to the utmost.

Real Life Adventure: Surround by nothing but ocean and wilderness, all of what they once knew has left them. Instead they must find comfort and make the land their home regardless of what danger it presents. Nature displayed with full disclosure: All manor of beasts and creatures that roam freely through out the jungle are featured in their natural habitat, most common are rats, snakes and lizards, but sometimes even Bats, Spiders, Boars, Lions, Tigers, and Bears..Oh yes.

Challenge: Survivor has always given the contestants not only a grueling physical challenge but a highly mental and emotional one as well forcing the winner to truly earn the 1 million dollar grand prize.

Emotion: Viewers witness the entire gamut of emotions. Often these people are tested so hard that they breakdown and submit, unable to endure any more suffering. The Survival aspect combined with the political aspect really pushes them to the brink of insanity, leading to all sorts of madness. The shows display of emotion is what really gives it heart and encourages us to give our best to the ones we love. I feel like Survivor has had quite an impact on society and pop culture, and is responsible for brining the word Alliance into a greater spotlight. I also think it has effected the way people think about social dynamics overall.

Survivor is a show that you can enjoy with just about anyone, due to its wholesome and
    Fun filled nature.

Recently the show has become more of a treasure hunt, with the possibility of finding an individual immunity idol, adding even more exploration and suspense to the adventure.

Survivor has definitely given us some outstanding moments, who could forget when Mike Scupin tragically burned his hands or when Johnny Fairplay told everyone his grandma died when in fact she was safe at home. There have been so many different and outlandish personalities in the shows long running history. From those you love ( Elizabeth H, Rupert, Yao man ) and those you love to hate (Richard Hatch, Jerry Manthey, Johnny "Fairplay" ) just to name a few.

To many, Survivor might be just another game show, but to so many others Survivor represents life and its greatest ups and downs. When it really comes down to it, life is a survival but survival is always dependant upon others, just as demonstrated in the show.

I think Survivor is really beyond great and will continue to inspire and entertain us for a long time, until someday the torch is finally snuffed.
  • I'm glad that Eric won amunity tonight. I'm also very happy that Amanda found the hidden idol. I want to see Natalie gone next.

I am SO happy that Amanda found the hidden idol! I am really bummed that James had to leave the show because he is who I wanted to win the entire game this season. He has worked the hardest and deserved to win. Who I don't want to win is Natalie. There is just something about her that I don't like. Eric needs to continue to win amunity or he will be voted off next. If I had my choice out of the 5 people who are still playing, Amanda would be my winner!!! Go Amanda go!! James as for you, get well soon.
  • I love survivor and i cant wait for the next season. Thanks for giving us such a awsome show every week.

Survivor fans vs favorites was one of my favorite shows. I have watched every season and only missed season one. Thanks for giving us such a awsome show. I cant wait for the next one. Jeff i think you are great and survivor will not by survivor without you. my favorite in the last season was ozzy and i was so mad when he got voted out. To all the guys hope you've learned a lesson from the other guys who got blinsided by the women. I really felt sorry for them. But i really enjoyed the show and i think it was one of the best seasons ever.
  • Survivor updates and opinions

First of all, congratz to Parv. Survivor, best show in the world that I've ever watched. The challenges were fantastic but for some reason, the women winning, totally undeserving. I want the good guys to win. I mean I understand Tina's, Vecepia's, Sandra's, and Danni's win, but for Amber? No way. This show shows a lot of betrayal and emotions out there. 39 days with twists and turns and hardly anything to eat except greens and plantaines and fish and you have to push your body to its limit in the challenges especially in the water. No privacy no love and definitely not knowing when the worst is coming.
  • Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, and stay for a chance to win $1,000,000 but don;t vote off people so carefreely, because after the merge they join the jury, and decide who will win the money.

One of my favorite shows of all time, and easily my favorite Reality TV show. Survivor has outlasted several other TV shows that tried to defeat it. THis is the ultimate show, it has Action, Adventure, Drama, and Comedy in most good seasons. I would say that there have been a few Undeserving winners, but that's up to the Jury. If you are a fan of anything TV, or have any interest at all in reality TV shows, you will love this show! The twists and turns keep you constantly guessing, and you never know what will happen next. It is a very common to watch a season and say "Wow, how will they top this?" just to have the very next season be the best so far. This show has average Americans fighting with eachother for the $1,000,000.00 prize, and has inspired several different countries to attempt a version of their own.The greatest Survivors ever have to Include Earl, Jonny Fairplay, Boston Rob, Rupert, Ozzy, Amanda, James, Parvati, Ethan, Lex, Amber, Jenna M, Rob C, Colby, Richard, Rudy, Yul, Terry, and many others. All around the best show on the block for a long time, and a long time to come.
  • I really loved this recent season.

This season was so explosive, I mean all through the girls were outwitting the men and then all the men ended up voted out and stuff. Each episode kept me at the edge of my seat. I really can't wait for this next season when they do it in Gabon. But yeah, Congrats to Parvati for winning the game, playing the flirt really got her far this time. So I loved this season I hope the next season is even better.

Survivor is one of the greatest game shows evar!!! So yeah, that's why I'm gonna so watch the next season.
  • Another one of my favorite shows and the time between seasons is terrible!

I love Survivor! I've actually concidered going on it when I get old enough to do so. Although I probably would make it too far I would still want to do it. I love Jeff Probst. He's kinda hot. Lol. I'm not surprised that this show has gone on as long as it has. It's is an amazing show. The edits are awsome and I love the music. It's so addicitve. It draws me back every week. I can't possibly miss a week. I am the untimate fan. On Survivor: Fans Vs. Faves, they had a game that asked questions from the past seasons. I was playing along at home and got EVERY one of them right. You could say I love Survivor.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10