Survivor

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered May 31, 2000 In Season

maritimer00

Survivor Fan Reviews page 7 of 12

• Survivor is about 16 american castaways, or in some seasons 18/20 who set out of their lives in order to get 1 Million dollers, they have to beat the other contestants by not getting voted out, by doing this you have to be social with people and work hard

Survivor Is one of my favourite show's, why? well i liked other seasons better before exile island, alot of the seasons were fairly interesting, and I love reality tv shows. It's interesting to see who get's voted out, and with the new survivor, cook's islande, tribes being divided by race it seems that it will be very interesting to see how things play out, this show inspires you to set out and do something, and if it was for canadians i would definetly try out for this show, it's hard but in the end it's rewarding whether you win or not. I like most survivor seasons, the one's i hated was the recent exile island, i just couldn't get into it, and Survivor Thailand, but the others seemed pretty good and fairly interesting. This show is good and i recommend it if you've never watched it.
  • I liked survivor it was a completely different kind of game show.

I thought the original survivor was deffinately the best. It was like no other game show that you have ever seen before. But now that they have made so many not as many people watch the show. I like the first three survivors. and after that I will watch like one or two episodes from the other ones and I never seemed to like watching them any more cause they are just to alike with the orginal. Now they are trying to change how they play and it isn't working either cause the series needs to just end all ready. It is over with.
  • One of the Best Reality Shows out there

This is perhaps the King of Reality Shows and it is immensly interesting which highlights human survival in a harsh unforgiving world both mentally, socially and physically. The producers never fail to mix things up with constant twists and mamanges to find a crew of dysfuntional and cunning people where personal disputes are abundant. This is a great watch and i would definitely recommend it!
  • The best reality show ever. That's why they've had 13 seasons.

The division among race is a little controversial, some of the people with different ethnic backgrounds were singled out before like Shii Ann in Thailand, Ted in Thailand, Rory in Vanuatu, etc. But once you think about it, the division among race creates buzz, good or bad, which makes people want to tune in so they can see what happens, which mean more people tune in, which means better ratings for CBS and Survivor. I read in People magazine a while ago when Guatemala was still on, and they said then that there is going to be at least 3 more seasons, so there's going to be a Survivor 14, also.
  • It Is Exciting to see who will get booted from the Island Next.

This Show is Great.
    I wacth it every week.
    I Own the 3 seasons of it and plan to get more.

I Find it a very exiting and Intense show.I Am Glad that it is still on after 12 seasons.Then Again Who Woulden't Be!!!

I Like the Challenges and find it amusing when two people get in a fight.
    Even Though people I want to win never end up winning it is still exiting to see how long they last.
    The Host is good and The Contestents you never know what they will do.
    It is One Of My fave Reality show (Then Again I Love Alot of Reality shows) but definatly gets 4/4 stars.
  • Its really fun to see what people will do for money.

Survivor and Fear Factor are great shows. People doing strange stuns or activties for money. The object of Survivor is to last the longest with out getting voted off the island. If your team looses the the person who failed to most of the players will go. The prize a millian dollars.
  • Survivor should stay on air forever!

What more could you ask for? Tropical exotic location, a different set of characters every season from all over the world (well really the United States for the US version), some really cool music, a really good looking host, some really nice editing, and a different ending that no one will be able to predict at the end of every episode? Although actually I think it's time for Jeff Probst to go, I think he has run his course on this show and I was a little shocked to see that he re-signed with Burnett to do another three years or something.
  • Pretty Good

I like to follow shows, and this show does'nt always strike me as interesting. I love to watch the stunts that they perform. The rest of the show is kind of boring. I like in the end when they vote off people. This show is not one of the all-time greats.
  • I used to love this show...now I don't like it that much!

I used to love Survivor!!! I wouldn't ever miss an episode. Now, I don't like it that much. I think the show has lost it's touch or something. I guess after watching it for many seasons it gets boring. I loved the first 7 seasons. I loved the Australian Outback, Marquesa, Pearl Islands, and All Stars. Those were my favorite seasons. But after the 7th season, I stopped watching. It just isnt interesting to watch anymore. They need to do something to make the show more interesting. It gets boring watching the same thing over and over. The show needs fine-tuning!
  • Survivor is amazing

survivor is one of the best reality shows. It was the show to make reality T.V. popular to the U.S. I hope that they never stop coming out with new seasons of survivor because i will definately keep watching it. I love this show and i suggest that everyone watch it;)
  • Survivor is awesome

Survivor is my favorite reality show. Ive been watching it ever since my teacher in 5th grade got me hooked on it. This was in the Austrailin Outback season. I offically started watching it religiously in the 3rd season which was survivor africa. My favorite season would have to be Survivor Pearl Islands. I dont understand why everyone loves Rupert though. I thought the best part of Survivor history was when Jonny Fairplay lied to his tribe about the death of his grandma just to win the reward challenge and spend some time with his buddy. I hate the way survivor All Stars ended. Rob and Amber make me sick.
  • The pioneer of reality shows.

If you like reality shows, you should watch Survivor just to pay homage since it is the pioneer of reality shows.

The thing that makes this show for me is the challenges. The fact that anyone can even think of these challenges is cool enough, but the fact that they can build them for people to do is absolutely amazing!

However, there is one thing about this show that prevents me from giving it a 10 and this is the time between the challenges and Tribal Council. I hate seeing people argue, lie, and backstab. This actually caused my mom to stop watching this show. Personally, I would like to see the losing tribe in the Immunity Challenge go straight to Tribal Council. That would make the game WAY more interesting.

For all the reasons listed above, I give Survivor a 9/10.
  • sixteen starngers try to survive on an island to win 1,000,000 dollars, while competeting agains't one another.

Okay this show is freaking awesome. I love the person that came up with the idea. I absolutely love this show, it is really cool and fun to watch. I t always keeps me well entertain and I can never get enough of it. I hope to one day be on this fantastic show. I love all of the challenges, that they have to do, and to win 1 million dollars would be a dream.
  • 16-20 people marooned on a deserted island fighting for survival.Backstabbing,lies,deceptions are all the foundations to trust nobody.Outwit Outplay Outlast for the million dollar prize.This show is the pioneer of great reality television.Truly amazing!

What a fantastic show!! I love the challenges, rewards, locations ect. It is quite addictive to watch. The concept of it is fantastic and it will always keep a big audience entertained. My main concern about survivor is that the show might get boring later as the seasons continue. There are only so many twists you can bring to the concept of the show. Hopefully there are still many seasons to come because it doesn’t matter how boring it may become, I would always watch it. :-)
  • It's Ok for me.

I was with it from the second season of the show on wards till today. I must admit, it is very good story line. Have 16 people stranded on an island; have them play games to win money. Pretty basic show, EXCEPT for what’s behind it; strategy. You could be the strongest, you could be the weakest, and it doesn’t matter. In the end when it all comes down to it, you have to be the one who knows that you didn't piss of many people on the jury and has been honest for most,(maybe all)of the game.

I like the series a lot, but I really think they need to start to add more in it. Don't get me wrong, this season was a real up lifter in that aspect, Exile Island, hidden immunity idol; whole nine yards. Still, the episodes need more people that are two-faced whose lies mix up the teammates and makes you surprised when you find out who the winner is. I hope the next season will have more behind it then there is already. Though even if they don't, I'll still continue to watch and be a constant fan of the series.

• omg this is the best reality show in the history of forever

ever since the first episode of the first season i have been hooked on this show. i have watched every single season and have loved them all. Even when friends made fun of me for watching it season after season i have refused to give up one of my favourite shows on tv. i still have some friends who remained faithful to survivor over the years and every episode we have a bet where every one puts 10 dollars in the pot and they shoose who they think will win, if their person gets voted out first, they get their money back and if their person wins they get the whole pot! it's a really good way to get a bunch of people interested in survivor
  • I wish it would be more aobut sirviving the elements, rather than the other team mates.

When I hear the word "survivor" in the same sentance with a TV show I think of a show that test your physical skills to the max, not your social skills or teh way you can lie. But there are some who would say that surviving a crowd of people is much more improtant nowadays than surviving the natural elemens.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the show is rather good, although it is getting rather repetitive and thus booring. Even so, i would really want to see a survivor with a lot more drastic conditions, such as ablosutely no provisions until one of the team members just can't take it any more, or, even more, making them do exhausting chores every day.
    I really don't like the alliances, nor the unfair voting, but eh...it is part of the game after all. In fact, with a decent physical condition and a superb strategy, you can deceive every one of the competitors and just win the game.
  • A pretty decent reality show. Regular people compete to be the last person on an island to win $1,000,000.

A pretty decent reality show competeing for a $1,000,000 prize. This one is where you can get voted off even if you are the best player which I don't realy like too much. I think it is funny when people make allianaces and then are surprised when they get voted off. What do they think is going to happen? Do they think everyone is just going to vote for themselves and it be a tie? If it is another from their alliance that gets voted off they don't say hey, wait a minute we have an alliance. Somebody has to go home, sorry that is how the game is played. Quit crying about it. A pretty fun show to watch though.
  • This show is about 16 to 30 group of strangers, stranded in a deserted land. For 39 days, they outwit, outplay, and outlast the other survivors to win the million dollar prize.

The show features people who are going to win one prize: 1,000,000 dollars. This phenomenon features backstabing challenges that require each person to think and use their physical strength. It is one great show because it shows "corporate America" and how people are willing to do many things for money. Over all, this is a great show for the casual viewers who think of this as an awesome show and for hard-core fans who can go deep into an episode and think about what happened.
  • Nothing will ever match the sheer thrill of seeing Richard Hatch win the million dollars in Season One, but Survivor remains one of my favourite shows despite the highs and lows.

SURVIVOR is one of those shows that I tell myself again and again I'm not going to get wrapped up in, yet it never fails to grab me and maintain my interest with each subsequent instalment.

I'm an actor and a director by profession and I find that, if nothing else, SURVIVOR is a good lesson in the way people honestly behave under very "theatrical" circumstances (even though I know that what we see is edited to within an inch of it's life). As a Canadian viewer ineligible to be a contestant, I like to enjoy the show vicariously through the actions and successes of my favourites and, I'll admit, I almost take it personally when someone betrays the person for whom I'm rooting, but even in a not-so-great season, I'd rather watch luke warm SURVIVOR than many other items that are being offered up to us in this age of "popularity above content". I truly appreciate the fact that at each council the contestants get to vote each other off and we don't have to wait while the home town favourites get voted off by phone poll.

Now... if they'd just allow Canadians to take part; THEN you'd see me glued to the television! LOL Be well...
  • The Best Show on TV.

I have been addicted to survivor since day one. This show keeps you guessing all of the time.

This show takes you to places around the world you would never have seen otherwise.

I love the people they case on this show. They almost always cast a good mix of people. There are people you love to hate and people you love to love.

This is one of the few shows my husband will sit and watch with me. I look forward to it ever week.
    Im even hooked to the web site. I love it. This show is AWSOME.

• survivor had its moment now its time to gracifully step aside.

Survivor is often reguarded as the best reality show out there but i dont agree. First of all although it isnt public this show is rigged because the producers wait and try to talk the people in to who to vote for for the whole blindside effect. It didnt take me long to figure out that something was up because every one says they are going to vote for person A then they vote for person B. When survivors are not competing in challenges you hear im going to vote for this person im going to vote for that person, I dont care about all that hollywood hoopla all that matters is the actual vote. If they wanted to make the show more enjioyable cut out that part and include other things i dont know what but im sure the producers can think of something. I do enjoy watching this show but like i said above its time to gracifully step aside while it is on top of the reality world (allthough i dont agree with it) instead of dragging it out so long as to bring the quality of the show down which it has started to do.
  • Survivor is a popular reality television game show produced in many countries throughout the world. In the show, contestants are isolated in a remote location and compete for a cash prize. "Survivor" is based on the successful Swedish show Expedition: Rob

At least 16 strangers (18 or 20 in some seasons) are stranded in a remote location and divided into equally sized teams called "tribes". They compete against each other in competitions called challenges. These are divided into reward challenges and immunity challenges. Both types consist of endurance, problem solving, teamwork, dexterity, and/or will power. After the immunity challenge the losing tribe must vote to remove one of their own members from the game at the Tribal Council. Most episodes also have a reward challenge where the winning tribe receives a little comfort such as flint (for making fire a little bit more easy), hygiene materials, fishing gear, and the like. When there are at least 10 players left in the game (9 in all-stars, 8 in Thailand), they "merge" into a single tribe. From this point, challenges are won on an individual basis. Rewards are given to only one player, and sometimes that player has the option of sharing the reward with one or more other players. All eliminated players, except the final nine, leave the game altogether. Those who finish in ninth through third place remain to form the "jury". In the final episode the players go through a number of activities that ends in an immunity challenge. Immediately following this challenge another person is voted out. The players return to camp and go through a "memorial" for the players previously eliminated from the game on the way to their final endurance challenge. Whoever wins this challenge votes another player out, thereby determining who receives third place and which two players go to the final two. The final two return to camp for one last day. At the final Tribal Council each of the seven jurors votes for the winner. Probst takes the container with the votes, and it is secured until the live finale of the show, when the votes are revealed and the million-dollar winner is announced (Excluding the first season as the jury votes were revealed after they were cast).

• the best show out there, other than LOST

something about being stranded on an island just interests the heck out of me, i love it. I have to get on survivor before i die, its my life dream, it very idea of ebing on there is great. To get out of the societies grip, to survive on the elements, i have a great respect for those people on that show.
  • Good show for the whole family to watch...and that is every type of family in the world!!

Survivor is an excellent show to watch. You can imagine how things would be if you were in the same situation. Survivor is the type of show where you will cry, shout, laugh, and feel sad. So many emotions this show takes you through...how can you not love survivor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A pretty decent reality show. This one is where you can get voted off even if you are the best player which I don't realy like too much.

A pretty decent reality show. This one is where you can get voted off even if you are the best player which I don't realy like too much. I think it is funny when people make allianaces and then are surprised when they get voted off. What do they think is going to happen? Do they think everyone is just going to vote for themselves and it be a tie? If it is another from their alliance that gets voted off they don't say hey, wait a minute we have an alliance. Somebody has to go home, sorry that is how the game is played. Quit crying about it.
  • Im a personal fan of Survivor but puh-lease get some new material!

Since, season 2 I have been watching. From my persepective I find season 2 to be the best. Possibly because it was my first season watching so everything was fresh and new. Now, with all the new seasons everything is basicaly the same. They have the same challenages but just tweak them a bit. They try and make them different but any true Survivor fan knows thats it been done before. I still love the show and respect it 100% I just think they need some new material to get it backup and running.
  • One of my all-time favorites...

Survivor is one of my all-time favorite shows which I have watched since the first season. Mark Burnett is a genius as he has created many of my favorite shows, survivor is no exception. Even now into its twelfth season they are still finding ways to shake up the game, and keep the survivors on their toes. This is one of the best shows on TV in my opinion, and I can only hope that this show goes on for years to come. So we can continue to see who outwits, outlasts, and outplays their island mates for the million dollar prize.
  • Survivor is fun to watch, but I won't cry if I miss an episode.

7.9
    I must admit that i have not been watching the show since it first came on the air and Richard flared it up with his nudity. I did see the first season. I lost touch with Survivor, when they began to commercially cast the show with big breasted hotties and CK model boys. I know sex sells, but please. The show is called "Survivor". Appearence should not matter. What really drives me nuts with the show, is the people that come on the show have seen it before. IT IS A GAME! Yes, people are going to lie. IT IS A GAME!
  • While I am a big fan of the show, I must admit the current season is a little lackluster. Most of it seems to fit into the categories of dull and boring. Supposedly; they were going to spice things up with "Exile Island."

When they send tribe members to "Exile Island" we don't get to see enough of it. While the challenges may be tougher and more physical, it seems that most of the rewards are tasteless at best. I think for a future season they need new twists. One Idea would be a change of locale. How about getting out of the jungle and into a location such as the Pacific Northwest? Even though I believe it to be one of the best reality shows out there, I would have to give this season only 2 out of five stars.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11