Survivor

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered May 31, 2000 In Season

maritimer00

Survivor Fan Reviews page 9 of 12

• Right now, it's in it's prime.

I love Survivor so much! A loyal fan since season one every week I am amazed at how the routine of the show is tweaked and changed to bring about truly awesome episodes!! I could watch this show for another 5 Seasons over Fear Factor. Just don't watch all the banter before tribal counsel and it's all good.
  • STUPID!

5.1
    I cannot believe that this is still going on! I hate this show! It is so stupid. Who would willingly go on an island in the middle of God Knows Where and starve or eat dang bugs!!! I mean---come on! I would not go on this show! Everyone is deceitful and liars.
  • great show just needs to have less commercials!!!

could not wait sometimes to see the next show....
    i really like the parts were you showed the families at home while they are on a break. i hope you keep this up and add other things like that so we can see more of the contestance family and how they are holding up with out them...
  • Good show but is is going downhill. Fast!

I love this show! or atleast I did until it started to go downhill. The producers have dragged it on too long and it gets boring! The same exact things happen every season will a small change. With the superlatives from last season gone the show is going downhill. Bringing back Stephanie and Bobby John might have been exciting but it ended up being stupid and boring. We had enough of them last season. Also the "Never before seen on Survivor" bit is getting old fast. The producers should give the show a makeover or have an extrememly big twist next season.
  • Totally hooked!

This show rocks, period! Each season gets progressively better! I'm glad Jeff Probst signed up again for next season. It just wouldn't be the same without him!

I try not to miss any shows and if I have to I just tape it and watch it when I can be home.
  • Some guys into an island, making some probes

The show that made reality tv mainstream, created by the master of this kind of shows producer Mark Burnett. Inspired in the movie "Lord of the Flies" (yeah the movie not the book as told by show host Jeff Probst) it exposes the life of a group of people trying to survive (as the title of the show says) in an island without any sign of civilization; they got to overcome some challenges done for them to continue on the show or to receive a reward that varies depending on what the staff believes they need to fulfill their needs
  • Ahead of the Pack

As far as reality shows go this is clearly Number 1.

There is a lot of reality TV crap nowadays (the ones starring celebrities are the worst) But survivor has kept on producing one entertaining series after another. I think its into double figures now too.

Some seasons I haven't tuned into because the characters seemed boring. But there seems to be no end in sight, there are plenty of harsh places they have never been and people still want to go on this show.
  • omg i cannot believe you guys dont like this??

i love this show its completely awesome yea okay its gotten a bit boring coz like they wont end it but personally i loved the first season it was the best but who couldnt they had better people on it and like the people they have today is boring and rude so i dont like them but the show is awesome!
  • Big Win, Big Decision. Big Mistake?

7.2
    Episode: Big Win, Big Decision. Big Mistake?

Comments on preview upcoming episode; it's hard to tell if Rafe, Lydia and Danni will wise up and get Steph voted off while they can out vote her! I believe the bond between Rafe, and Danni will force her off. All I can say is -- she better win ammunity again, but if you look at the odds, she wont!

My prediction - Steph is next to go.
  • I don't prefer to watch reality shows, but if there isn't anything better to watch...

One of the better reality shows. That's not saying much, as reality shows are not reality at all. This one is better than some others I've seen, but even it seems like it gets worse each year. I find myself watching this show less and less. Unless there is nothing else even remotely interesting to watch, I pass this one by.
  • Surviror is getting really old, really fast.

I'm disappointed with the show. I loved the show the first few seasons, and thought it was ok other times. In the past two seasons, however, they have been completely unorigional. All of the challenges have been done before, and all of the rewards have already been gotten. They need to work harder on better ideas.
  • I totally do not grasp the concept of the survivor shows. It is like the point of the show is to excel at something pointless. And, there is a good bit of luck thrown in, because there does not seem to be any one particular skill involved.

0.2
    The show seems to be about the art of negotiation, coercion, salesmanship - or subtlty.

I am not sure about that, though. I really do not get this show.

It seems kind of pointless. I guess part of the big deal is that they have pretty cheap sets - they don't need to rent a Hollywood soundstage - and they don't have to use real actors.

They do have to figure out the specifics of the "games" they are going to play each episode but that is about it.

I think that I would rather have "actor" on my resume than "Survivor contestant" or even "Survivor winner" on my resume but that is just me. As I am neither one, I think I will settle for admiring the talent of actors and actresses - rather than whatever skill a Survivor exhibits.

A lot of people are into this series. I am not one of them.
  • I didn't get into Survivor until All-Stars...but I absolutely loved the show once I did. The production and editing is flawless, exciting, and very tight. The latest season, Guatemala, isn't quite as exciting as previous seasons, but it still gets both

Survivor is one of the most enjoyable "reality" shows out there because of the "outwit" part of the game. I love watching deception and manipulation unfold for real on camera. Because the show does such a great job of letting its characters develop themselves, you very quickly find yourself invested in seeing certain people succeed or fail based on your ability to relate (or hate) particular players.

Jeff Probst, the show's host, does a spectacular job overseeing the competitions and subtley interrigating the contestants at tribal councels where one survivor must be voted off each episode. The show's producers do a great job at setting up varying challenges that allow all players to shine (as they test memory, logical skills, accuracy and balance as well as brute physical strength and teamwork). I've been very pleased to see how the show has evolved from a fairly rough production to a finely polished 1 hour suspense fest.

Of course, each season is very dependant on its players. If the contestants aren't inherantly interesting, then the show suffers slightly for it. That said, the editors do a fine job of highlighting conflict and creating suspense when the players are more subdued (or quietly plotting). I've never watched one survivor episode and been bored...I usually wish the show would just go on and on (which is why the dvd's are great).

Finally, if you are a fan of the reality game shows...Survivor is easily the best one out there and will hopefully maintain its crown into the future. Even if you don't particularly enjoy reality gigs...give this one a chance...I did...and I haven't looked back.
  • No longer fun....

When this series started…it was incredibly unique and actually fun to watch. But now, as time has passed, and the players know what to expect, it’s dull.

What makes this show so hard to watch now is that the players are hollow. Almost empty, since they know what can happen regardless if they win or lose. Getting voted off can actually be beneficial. So their “performance” while on the show can make them a star. And with that, their behavior is phony. Unlike when the show started, no one knew the potential of the show’s popularity; they acted within their personality.

Now it’s fake, dull and frankly boring. I’ll give it a better than tank grade, only for the fact they invest so much in trying to make sure the players are real people…but it’s the players that kill the show now.
  • Survivor is a great reality show.

I love survivor! I have watched it every thursday night since it started. Except, i didnt watch the survivor: marquesas. My all-time favorite survivor is rupert. my friend hannah and i decided we are going to get problems so we can go see rupert (he is a troubled teens mentor) lol. well anyways, this guatemala season has been very tough. jeff is NOT going to have the next season be so tough. Even thought I would never go on survivor, I love to watch it, and i have Eliza's (from survivor:palau) autograph. my friend's dad's friend works with her.

Hayley
  • My Thursday night guilty pleasure and time out to just relax with my husband and enjoy some down and dirty backstabbing!

Okay, I admit that I love Reality tv. Not more then other tv mind you, but it is my guilty little pleasure.

At the top of that guilty pleasure is Survivor. I was not a fan when the first season began. I heard about it from co-workers and on the radio. I was pretty much convinced it would suck. Who wanted to watch people on some island compete for money? It had to be boring.

How wrong I was.

I happened to be flipping through the channels on my rare night off work and nothing was on. Low and behold, I stopped on what I didn\'t realize was Survivor. I watched for awhile, and started getting into the show. Then came the commericals and I found out what I was watching. Needless to say, I had the episodes taped for when I got off work for the rest of the season.

I will say that I haven\'t liked all the seasons thus far. Seasons 1,2,6-10 (and now 11) are the ones I have tried to watch. 3-5 just didn\'t have players I could root for.

I hope to see future seasons coming back a bit more to the first 2 seasons (more so 1 then 2) where not everything was a reward and they had to work for what they got (and not just through challenges). I get excited when I hear that they\'re going in with nothing and its going to be the hardest Survivor yet..and then a week later they have fire and corn/rice and what not.

Overall, I like the show. There\'s much that could be done to spice it up some and much that could be done that hasn\'t been done. Lets see if that comes to light soon.
  • In the beginning of recent reality TV shows, Survivor was there, and it still is. There eighteen average Americans are abandoned in the middle of some of the most unforgiving places on earth where they must adopt to survive.

Survivor is good show, but at times, it seems to repeat itself with process of voting people off of the show in the same matter and in the infrastructure of the games and concept of the game. There is never a clear distinction between one season and another. However, it is creative because they always pick some abandoned place in the middle of some of the most unforgiving places on earth where eighteen Americans must live for 38 days and live with some of the most arrogant and ignorant Americans. They must adapt to the settings in order to survive. However, I do question on much the contestants are really living alone in the wilderness even with the CBS Network taping it. Anyway, it can be a good show where someone could really get caught up in it because of its anarchic and unorganized behavior of almost totalitarian settings where one person is in charge and the rest are a herd of sheep. There is no consistent order. However, it can be interesting to watch people get so rash and irrational on such simplistic controversial issues where it becomes and seems very surreal.
  • same od same old

4.3
    two teams have to live of the land with no luxury itmens like soap,clean clothes etc. they can bring one thing from home . they have reward challenges . evry 3 days they have aunmity challenges and the tribe that loses has to go to Tribal Council . where they vote off one person . it was cool at first now its getting old .
  • Who cares.

Survivor is one of the lowest forms of reality T.V. It is now into it's 11 or 12th season. Sure it was fine in the 1st season when it was new and fresh, but once you get to 11 seasons of a reality series people just get sick of it. And may I say the Australian outback season was horrible. If you're going to Survivor in Australia get australians, not stupid americans.
    My Rating: Similar to what comes out of a cow, that isn't milk.
  • Was a good show, had some good ideas but is losing interest now.

I am starting to get sick of this show. I didn't enjoy the first series but have loved it and watched every episode since. But I think it is on just too much now. They need to have a year or two off and give everyone a break because people ar getting board of it and are losing interest in it.
  • Survivor is by far the best reality show out and still is proving itself by adding new twists and turns, this show has the makings of a show that could go 15 seasons if it stayed on

Survivor, the ultimate game of outwit, outplay and outlast, this show is inventive with the new stuff that they come up with every season. It is a great watch for people who like to just sit around and see how others react when they are placed in living conditions that are subpar, and then forced to live off the land, in my opinion this show builds some moral character in fans that watch it frequently!
  • Dig this show!

My wife and I have been Survivor Fans since the very first episode. I was stationed in Japan were they basicqally created Reality TV and Karaoke, while I was there! I could have been a millionaire! This is one Show that will probably go on for a very long time, like the tonite show it will have many Hosts over several Decades!
  • it was good

last night show was great for the most part. i would of like to see bobjhon go instead of amy though. i hope he doesn't win the game. that would be heart braking. like the new buffs though. red is alot better then yellow. blue was ok. i wonder what the new tribe name will be.
  • According to previews the rules are about the be thrown out

This season has been different than all the others. In fact, it almost seems like they are trying to shake things up in order to keep people watching. I dont think that last season was as well recieved as the others were. In the wake of The Amazing Race and Rob and Ambers wedding, it seems like their thunder is being stolen. This year they have switched teams, eliminated 2 people at once, and now(according to previews) one team will envade the other. Whats going on!!
  • I like the fact that they are in tough conditions ... but it could be tougher!

I had always thought of what it would be like to be stuck shipwrecked on a island. Survivor reminds me of this with it's tough conditions but in recent seasons I think it has become a bit soft.
    I know I am not there experiencing it for myself but I think it would make for better viewing.
    I love how the show has interesting people from diverse backgrounds which makes for interesting watching. I love to see them interact with each other and find the best way for them to get as far as they can in the game.
  • Who watches this crap? If you are one of them, smash your head through the tv while its playing. You may be better off.

0.1
    While I have never had the displeasure of watching this junk. I feel obligated to comment on how stupid and retarted this thing is. There is nothing real about this. A bunch of morrons running around playing stupid games and you call this surviving? About the only thing these guys have to worry about is BO, athletes foot and a touch of crotch rot. As if that wasn't bad enough, at the end you end up with a psudo, no talent having quasi-celebrity who doesn't even know why he/she is famous because they haven't done a damn thing....Enough with this garbage, stop wasting film with these things and put some real shows on or have these fools swim through a crocodile, pirahna, candiru infested pond with steaks hanging off their necks and I might watch.
  • People stranded on a remote island competing for money. Gilligan's Island gone reality. Ugh!

1.1
    Okay, so the concept of this show was great. And I did watch and semi-enjoy the first couple of seasons. But here we are in the upteenth season and I wish this show would be voted of of television! Come on people, after we've seen it a gazillion times, how could it still be facinating? 18 people sit on an island, moan and complain, compete in games, and eventually get voted off. One person wins and the rest of you wasted your time and a good hour of television. Wtf? But, even though I don't see the excitement, Survivor survives and goes on and on. Appearently someone likes it, but for me, the thrill is gone.
  • I used to never watch the show, but these last two or three seasons...

7.7
    I never really got into the show survivor until about three episodes. This season I have not watched it AS much, because there are conflicting shows on at the same time, but I watch it as much as possible.

It's a REALLY good show. :D :D I like the competetiveness of it. I dunno, it just has a nice little twist to it where you know you have to do challenges and stuff...And the challenges aren't just physical but mental as well. It's just a nice little combination.
  • Survivor is still my favorite reality TV show! This season is one of the best and here's why...

Thank goodness Survivor is back on the air. My Thursday nights were completely boring without it. This season is gearing up to be one of the best for several reasons. For starters, I think the majority of the Survivors are likable. My favorites so far are Danni (strong and competitive), Cindy (down-to-earth), Brandon (excellent at competitions and very dependable), Bobby Jon (hard worker and makes great faces), Brian (smart and strategic) and Gary (honest). Lydia was hysterical in the last episode...I thought she had gone off her rocker but I admire her never-give-up attitude. Of course there is going to be back-stabbing (this is Survivor) but this group doesn't seem as mean-spirited as some of the past ones. Another reason this season is great is because of the challenges. So far, these seem to be some of the hardest I have ever seen. Hard challenges make the game much more interesting. The third reason I love this season is because there have been so many twists. Who would have guessed that the teams would have been shuffled up so early in the game? I wasn't expecting that at all. And there have been some surprising tribal councils too. I never thought they would vote Blake off, even though he was being completely annoying. Someone asked me who I thought would win and I am torn because I like so many of them. However, I do think Brandon, Brian, Danni, and Bobby Jon will go far. We'll just have to see who will "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast."
  • All of the Survivor series 1 through to WHO CARES should be off TV.

Survivor is just so old. Maybe the first Survivor was okay but please stop making more of them. It's the same old garbage but new contestants. Please end the misery already. It's time to quit. There is nothing new to see. This show has never been on my TV set because it bores me to death. It's like a has- been actor. Please give it up!
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12