Survivor

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered May 31, 2000 In Season

maritimer00

Survivor Fan Reviews (337)

• sweet idea for a new survivor

i love watching survivor and am a huge fan. my suggestion for a sweet new season of survivor is... make a season called celebrity survivor and have the money go to charity. i think it would b huge.... lets make this happen jeff probst...
  • one problem

One real problem I had with the reunion show... prior to this, if you quit the game you weren't invited back to the reunion. But this season, Colton, who quit... and who Jeff suggested faked his injury the first time he left, was invited back on the show. When he left this season Jeff Probst made it pretty obvious that the appendicitis wasn't real and that this was Colton leaving a second time? So how does he rate an invite back? Was it the only way to get Caleb back?? Did Probst say something he shouldn't have about the first "medical evacuation? Or did they simply not want it to look like they didn't invite back part of the only homosexual couple in the show??

whatever the reason, I didn't think he deserved to be there.
  • Still fun to watch.

haters will always hate. this show is still fun to watch.
  • Season 27... Blood is thicker than

Love love love survivor, never missed a season!! I have a feeling that 27 is going to be shocker and perhaps they will have loved ones competing against each other... Mother & Daughter, Brothers etc. If its going to be the "theme"... I cannot wait for 27!
  • 26 Seasons of Quality Entertainment

Season 27 is family members vs returnees (supposedly)? I'm interested now!
  • let's change the game

survivor should be survivor not a around figuring who you can use for your survival have a new them all off it would be every body for them build shelter to getting food.... there will be no more sharing if you don't want away with the them people don't do anything but lay around because of their challenge would be won by just 1 is the only person that would get others would have to stick their hand in a bag and draw out a colored white one is the person that would get voted one that won would not have to worry about would also get a map that would lead him to some sort of treasure weather it is a hamburger with fries and a coke or fishing pole with can share of use it for his own has become a resort survivor the show back to the first the age thing sucks half them people on there have no clue as how to do would show off every ones is SURVIVOR not a vacation with 1,000,000 at stake for who kissed who's butt
  • great reality show

For me Survivor is definitely the great reality show! Survivor has everything: rivalry, different attitudes, strategy, endurance, and whole entertainment. During the recent years, Survivor has progressed into more of a tactical game which provides more excitements to lots of its viewers. I absolutely love the 'Castaways' surviving in both mental and physical intelligence. I would love to watch again the past episodes so I bought a copy at memorylanedvd .com . Nice quality and amazing set. Now, I can bring back all the excitements all over again. One-of-a-kind show I've ever seen in my entire life!
  • Twin vs Twin

I think it would be a great show with twins on opposing teams to start and see how many stay for the merge to reunite. Not all twins are identical and have different values. Having them play against each other could be interesting. Bringing back past contestants is getting a little old.
  • Survivor is Surviving Greatly!

I really like survivor, but i'm afraid that always going back to the Pacific Islands is just going to make the show tired. I mean, lately they have been bringing back past contestants and they are filming at the Philipines again! But it still watchable and it's still a great show
  • Challenges

I am a huge Survivor fan. However, it would be nice to see some different challenges and the puzzel are so getting old too. Change it up! So many more things they could do to make it fun and interesting. I think they should do away with the immunity idols. Also I think in a Survivor situation you have to be smart as well as strong. Make them use their Brains, Let's see who has the knowledge to Survive.
  • love the show

I love this show and to the survivor people I want to know if you can make a celebrity show with
  • Can't wait for Survivor: South Pacific!

Survivor is definitely one of my favorite reality shows of all time. Every season is completely different to one another. The challenges, contestants and twists are different every season. Jeff Probst is always going to be (IMO) the best host on tv! Every year I always look forward to watching two seasons of Survivor, one in the fall and one in the spring!

• I can't wait to see this show. The one and only Survivor : Cook Islands

I keep hearing rumors that the new "Cook Island Chalange" is going to be racist.
    I believe that each season brings something new, fun and exciting. I think people need to look at this show as if it were a different version of the Olympics. With four different ethnic backgrounds coming together, competing against one another, both physically and mentally, and eventually merging into one unit to see who is the fittest survivor is not what I would call racist. I think this will be a very well liked season and open peoples minds that it is just a game as if they were different countries competing against each other.
  • Survivor is one of the best shows of all time. Watch it now.

Survivor is a show like no other. It started the reality show craze because of how quickly it caught on. There would be no American Idol or America's Next Top Model without Survivor, not to mention Survivor is a much better show than both of those. It is the ultimate human competition comparable to the Olympics. You must combine your physical and mental strengths to be a master of the show; it is not very probable you will win if you lack one or the other. If you think the tribal divisions for Cook Islands are prejudiced, you're sadly mistaken. The contestants couldn't care less and this season already is turning out to be a great one.
  • SURVIVOR

Survivor is my absolute favorite reality show because I like watching all the different challanges, and also I get attached to the people in it. Right now my favorite person in survivor is Ozzie. I like him a lot, he is really good at the challanges and is very strong, he is a really nice person and i really hope he wins the whole thing. But it scared me that on the last show they were talking about getting rid of him, I hope that he lasts until the merge because if he does then I'm sure he will win the whole thing. I also really liked flicka (jessica) but she got voted out which I think is really sad but I'll get over it... lol
  • Great show!

Survivor is also one of my favorite show that is very entertaining to me and mom. I watch it EVERY Thursday. I would be very disapointed if i missed a day! This show gets very intense and right now it is! My favorite characterss right now are Yul, adam, Candace, Paverti, and Sandra! Since the tribes merged it has been VERY intense since the tribes are opposites. One works together well and gets things done and the other doesn't work well together but they do think they are kool with buff men and pretty women. Adam and Cnadace are pretty cute together too! Keep up the great work everyone!

~Chandler~

P.S. How are Jeff and Julia(from previous survivor episodes) doing? Just curious!
  • i luv this show

The rules of this game are simple: sixteen average Americans (eighteen in seasons 8, 9 and 11 and twenty in seasons 10 and 13) are abandoned in the middle of some of the most unforgiving places on earth. Divided into teams, they particiapte in challenges and every three days, the losing tribe must trek to Tribal Council to vote out one of their own. Halfway through the game, the game shifts to individual competitions when the tribes merge and become one, making the game every man for himself. The game is simple: Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, by winning Immunity, thus not being eligible to have votes cast against yourself. However, the players must be careful about who they send packing - after the merge, a jury of seven begins to form, and each week they return to watch the Tribal Council ceremony. At the end of the game, they vote for one of the members of the final two to win One Million Dollars. Who will become the next Survivor? Generally, each season begins with a twist - something different to surprise the new castaways. Survivor is a game of adaptation, and the final two of each season, listed below, were the players most able to adapt to their surroundings and to the people they are playing with. Survivor focuses on the people, and the social commentary that surrounds them. How can these players Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast is the question that the game revolves around.
  • Best in class

This show has got to change a little bit. The show is trying to come up with new things to introduce each season but coming up a little short on the exciting side of the stick it would seem. Nonetheless the show is still one of the primary Reality TV shows on TV today and is a trendsetter for all other reality shows. The way the show works is simple - if you get a good group of people, you have a good season. Seems simple, but many seasons have lost ratings simply because there was no good character development. In TV shows people can develop characters through a script, in Survivor they have to do it on there own which if harder then it seems.
  • Here's a interesting review I wrote a while back on my blog, The Plugg. Jeff Probst The Real Survivor.

Jeff Probst is best known for his khaki pants, a charming smile and of course hosting the successful “Survivor” reality show. After a whopping thirteen seasons and an Emmy in his pocket, Jeff and his TV show - “Survivor” are reaching the end of the line. I think it’s about time we talk about the biggest survivor of them all – Jeff Probst.
    Jeff is credited not only for hosting the show; apparently, he’s a writer and an Executive Producer. He has previously hosted the FX network’s original half-hour show dedicated to answering viewer letters, Backchat, VH1’s Rock N’ Roll Jeopardy, and has many more TV appearances in his arsenal. He’s written and directed an indie film in 2001 named “Finder’s Fee” starring Mathew Lilard and Ryan Reynolds. Not bad for a small time TV reporter from Wichita, Kansas.
    As the final season narrows down and we’re left with only seven more contestants, Jeff and his gang of writers have outwitted everyone. So many tricks and maneuvers, so many plot twists, one of the best seasons ever. I’m a big “Survivor” fan and I think Jeff Probst is a crucial element to the series’ success even if he’s “just” a pretty face.
    So, if I were on the jury, and I had to pick who got the million bucks, Jeff would be my choice (but I guess he’s doing alright without it).
    Here’s to – Jeff Probst, the biggest survivor of them all!
  • Best reality show!

Come on who doesn’t love survivor. Really I just can’t put the TV down, I love watching it because it is all reality because there all real and they are all trying to win the 1,000,000 which is crazy! I have watched almost every season and it has been going strong since the first! This show has been one of my all-time favorites because it always is on and every season there are new twists. I remember on the first season where Survivor only has the basics, it has gotten a little easier over time but it is still a great show, I don’t think it will ever lose that! There is no reality show that I would rather watch than Survivor! I hope they still keep it going and have more and more twists and turns up their sleeves, go Survivor!
  • Survivor Fiji will be the most awesome season. The Cook Islands season was awesome. Big Brother will be a show that I will watch when Survivor is not airing. It will end before or during the first month of Survivor 16. Survivor Fiji will be the best.

The show will be awesome. I cannot wait until Thursday. Those of you who want to know read the following:

I am writing journals for Survivor Fiji. Those of you who want to hear about them--email me at:

mcdanielsh@aol.com Hope the fourteenth is just as good as the thirteenth season was.
  • Established reality television as the forefront of modern day viewing habits in America.

While "Survivor" may not be the first modern-day reality television show (that honor goes to "The Real World"), it is can be credited with establishing reality television as the forefront of modern day viewing habits in America. While MTV's "The Real World" and "Road Rules" were the first true reality shows, "Survivor" really brought reality television to a broader audience on network TV. The show began in the summer of 2000 (along with "Big Brother") and it garnered huge ratings, which would only grow over the subsequent seasons. "Survivor" is so influential that pretty much every other reality show is loosely based off of it. People love to watch others interact in a foreign setting to see how well they'll adapt. Now in it's 14th season, it seems that "Survivor" is showing no signs of slowing down.
  • This sesaon of survivor

Well I think this sesaon is turning out to be just like the past sesaon where that team also lost over and over again. When is that tribe ever gonna win? I think if they ever do win they should get the got camp. And another thing, what kind of Survivor is this? They give one camp all these luxaries, no wonder they are winning challenge after challenge. Next week it shows that they are gonna mix the tribes up, but the aliances have already been formed, therefore it is not gonna do anything if you ask me. I think they need to put everyone in a camp with nothing! That is survivor.
  • Cool!

sixteen average Americans (eighteen in seasons 8, 9 and 11, nineteen in season 14 and twenty in seasons 10 and 13) are abandoned in the middle of some of the most unforgiving places on earth. Divided into teams, they particiapte in challenges and every three days, the losing tribe must trek to Tribal Council to vote out one of their own. Halfway through the game, the game shifts to individual competitions when the tribes merge and become one, making the game every man for himself.

• This is one of my favorite shows. I've watched it ever since the very first episode & I've always loved it.

My favorite season of Survivor was Survivor Vanuatu. Why? Because it was interesting all the way through the season, even though it was ranked the worst of them all. My least favorite season was Survivor Marquesas. Why? Because I fell asleep through most of the episodes, it was so boring. My favorite character out of all the seasons was Ethan Zohn (Season 3- Winner & 8), he was the best out of everyone. I loved him so much (not literally). I also really liked Jennifer Lyon (Season 10- 4th Place) she was really nice, and pretty. But if I had to name at least one favorite character for every season well I probably could. Season 1- Greg Buis
    Season 2- Colby Donaldson
    Season 13- Brad Virata, Ozzy Lusth
    Season 14- Yau-Man Chan
    Season 15- Erik Huffman, Frosti Zernow, Denise Martin
    Season 16- Favorites: Eliza Orlins. Fans: Jason Siska
  • My all time favorite reality show.

I have been watching this show since the first episode of the first season and i have to say i have never missed an episode. Sitting down to this show has become a routine in my house. I think that they have thought of some pretty interesting challanges through out the seasons. I can not wait for the new season to come out so we can see what different types of twists they add to the game. I enjoy seeing who is going to make it to the final two and who the jury chooses to win the Million dollar prize.
  • The best is your tribe has spoken

Survivor is the best show and i am so glad that it comes back every year i think that you will like this show because if you dont watch it your tribe will be spoken. thats what they say at trible council. it is fun to watcha ll the challenges and how the game is played. it is on every thrusday at 7pm its so cool i like that show a lot.you should watch it all the time. i have been watching it for the whole time now since they have started and therehas been a lot of cool Survivors on so watch it because it is the best tv show on Survivor.
  • My favorite reality tv show.

Survivor is in my opinion the best reality show that's on tv now. It's pretty original. It's cool to see what people would do for one million dollars. They have to go through a whole lot on the show. I don't think I could do what they have to do. I've always liked Survivor. I like how it takes average people from completely different walks of life and puts them together. They each have different strengths and skills to offer. I really like the challenges that they do. But my favorite ones are probably the auctions they do. Those are really cool. Survivor is just a great and original show.
  • Still the best reality show out there...

Of all the reality shows I've seen (I've seen a lot), this one is my personal favorite. A lot of realities shows out there are crap. They're always the same thing--nine women competing for love, people trying to be someone else, people wanting to be a rock start, etc. This one has been around for a long time (I know a lot of people think it's getting old, but honestly, I've seen every season and I'm still not tired of it) and I personally believe it's the best reality show out there. There aren't any other ones like it, it's actually difficult, there's conflict, there's tension, it's exciting, it's just an overall great show and I think I'll be watching it until it's gone.
  • This show is a personal favourite of mine ever since it premiered in 2000.

Survivor still is able to get my attention after 15 seasons, which is amazing. There are still enough twists and turns the show can take without getting to repetitive and boring. I have yet to see fans vs. favourites (as I'm Australian) but I really do think that it will be a good season, with enough of my favourite castaways coming back. I have had favourite castaways like everyone else. I do hope Survivor can still entertain me because it's a really good show and it's one I've followed since day 1. I think I've missed only 2 episodes since the whole run (excluding season 4, which wasn't broadcast here).
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10