Survivor

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered May 31, 2000 In Season

maritimer00

Survivor Fan Reviews (356)

• To a few reviewers below me ...

Why are people still crying about Survivor bringing back returning players? Agreed, they used to do it often, but you do realize that 3 of the last 5 seasons were all new players, don't you? Including the last 2 seasons. And that in 29 seasons, only twice has there ever been a full blown all stars season. You need to quit recycling the same complaints, and stop being a sheep in regards to just voicing others' opinions.

People had those opinions years ago, when Survivor actually WAS bringing back returning players at an alarming rate. They no longer are, so it's time to grasp that fact because your argument is no longer valid.

Breaking down the numbers alone, the last 9 seasons, 168 people have played. Only 27 were returning players, 141 were new. And 20 of those 27 returning players were in 2 seasons alone. Which means that only 7 returning players have competed in the other 7 seasons.

So the "over and over" point, and the "sick and tired of watching old players" point, is pretty silly. Plus, why threaten to quit watching. Just quit. I enjoy whatever format they use. I prefer new players, and I think the majority of fans do as well. That's been reflective in the ratings the last 5 seasons, and in the shows willingness to start doing seasons of all new players again.