Survivor

Snakes Are Misunderstood...We Have an Understanding Now

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 15, 2007 on CBS

• Poor Ravu!

Feeling very bad for the Ravu tribe while watching the other group living it up in comfort.

I really like Earl and Erica so far, although for one of them, their game is about to come to an end sadly. :(

The challenge was interesting and I feel like they exaggerated Erica's mistake far beyond and blew it out of proportion.

Sad to see Erica go home - she was a nice girl and I wanted to see her go far! Having said that, I also like Sylvia, so it was tough either way!

Looking forward to what the next episode brings!
  • injury, humor, anger

This episode is a classic Survivor happening. Boo set the stage here. All of it happened in one episode. The guy hurts himself and later does some slapstick humor to top it off. Someone gets voted off, because of their control issues. It looks like Boo is the serious underdog, but we find out it isn't really the case later on in other episodes. I couldn't blame someone for having an outburst in a challenge, but this may have just been an excuse to drop someone when there wasn't much to go on this early in the game. They will have at least two clips to show from this one.
  • The Orange team is tired and hungary and they have no water. They lose the 2nd challenge and Erica is voted out.

7.7
    Will this season get better? The last 2 seasons were great but this one is falling down hill. I like Survivor but I think it has been running for too many seasons. I think this one should be the last. They are running out of ideas and doing the same challanges sometimes. Orange team just need to get their act together because next episode I heard that the lose again! Both of the challanges! I have no idea whats with them! They made a little improvement than last episode but not much. I like the people from the other season better than this one.
  • One tribe gets it easy while the other is have problems.

I thought that this was a good episode for a new season. I really liked that most of the episode seemed to be based on showing us what each tribe was going through in the first few days. I thought that it was really funny to see the Ravu tribe searching for food while the whole time there was pineapple like 20 feet away from there camp. It was evan funnier to see the guy on the Moto tribe keep hurting himself. I was totally surprised with how the tribe voted but i totally seen it coming because of the way she acted durning the challange.
  • The season drags on. Another episode that could have been better but found a way to find mediocrity.

I read some of the other reviews and they are blaming the Orange team for a variety of things. For everyone who thinks they are not smart, working together or a team has never been without food and water for days. The loss of water and food does things to your ability to do even menial tasks like walking. To think in three dimensions after what must to them been an exhausting canoe race. They also used up a lot of valuable energy just getting to the challenge.
    I think this whole concept of Survivor is poorly conceived. In the Apprentice they are roughing it, but they have food and water and a place to sleep. These people have no fire so no water, and just a little fresh fruit. A body can only go so long on it. As for the coconuts for liquid, after a few days your body gives you really bad cramps and other not so nice things.
    For all that think I am wrong, go take a Survivors place for a few days and see just how well you feel, how much stamina you have for physical challenges and how well you can think.
    If this continues without something like a shake up every challenge where have and have nots are changed among the teams, I will just find some rerun to watch.
    Also it seems like they are not developing the people as well this year, just focusing on their stupid arrangement of the tribes.
  • The orange team need to get it together!!!

Ravu members were weak with thirst, so desperate for water, they were trying to suck up moisture from leaves. Moto is living it up in their camp but Boo is a walking accident. Poor guy poked his own eye, then he chops at his hand and knee, and finally he falls off the hammock. Okay I'm sorry, but when the hammock fell down, I laughed. On Ravu Erica finds pineapple, and the team is thrilled, they are eating, and they are so greatful, but that feeling is short lived when it's time to do the immunity challenge. Moto is truly ready for battle, even putting war paint on their faces. Moto seems to have their team chemistry together to work well as a team, but Ravu can't seem to get it together, and lose yet again. So off they go to vote off another person, and gee, how quick people forget you fed them!!! Erica is voted off the team, and she did not see it coming. I don't recall which season one team kept losing, and losing, and losing, but Ravu seems headed in that direction if they don't start winning challenges soon.
  • Orange team has brawns but not brains nor teamwork!

Orange seems to have the brawns but they don't have
    Either the brains or the teamwork necessary as they need
    To get it together before they send a third person home
    Shocked to see Erica go home when it should had been
    Bossy Slyvia. Erica looked very ticked off when she was blindsighted as she got them food and trying to help her team lead. Green team has it made indeed!
  • It sucks to be orange.

I haven't quite accepted these two tribes yet. I feel sorry for Ravu (actually I like more of their guys). Moto is alright. Nobody has stuck out yet except Erica (bye-bye) and Rocky. He's pretty funny. It feels too much like they are camping, not surviving yet. It does suck to have snakes around, and the water looks deep, choppy and cold. I have loved this show since the beginning, and because of the U.S. rule (being Canadian), I would have done anything to be on this show. Good thing so far, is that nobody has stuck out to be a real witch yet.
  • The two tribes deal with camp life, one living in luxury, one in utter destitute, with one winner take all challenge.

This episode was dissapointing. It spent way too much time on camp life, which really isn't that interesting. The thing that I have always loved about Survivor is the challenges. Specifically that there were two! One for reward, one for immunity. I had to wait a half hour before the challenge started and there was only one. There's also a little bias, because the team I like, with the player I want to win on it, lost. So, aside from the challenge, I was bored for the hour. Hopefully, they'll slpit the challenges up again and it will start to get more exciting.
  • Review

Im not sure if I am a big fan of the one challenge wins you everything route that they are going for this season. What I liked about early edtions of Survivor was the fact that they had an equal amount of time split between tribal council, challeneges, and camp life. This survivor is loaded up with majority of the episode being camp life, when in reality challeneges are what most people tune in to watch. The camp life gives us the drama, the challeneges give us the pulse pounding adventure, and tribal council is a little bit of both as we root for our favorite character not to be voted out. This episode wasnt anything amazing. I dont really like the life of luxery / life of dread, it seems to be a little unsurvivor-like. The people living on the luxury beach dont have it hard at all and the drama at their camp is reduced because of it. I love Survivor, but the cast isnt really blowing me out of the water and I dont like the one challenge aspect that it seems to be heading.
CBS