Survivor

Starvation and Lunacy

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 23, 2006 on CBS

• Last week I commented on how the men have a knack for thinking things through. This week was a good example of that.

La Mina's options boiled down to 2 specific traits. Loyalty and the ability to compete. Both beneficial to the 4 men. But does it mean to choose one is to sacrifice the other? Well, in Ruth Marie's case, yes. To choose Ruth would have meant security but it's no secret that she's not as physically capable as Sally. To choose Sally certainly gives them a better edge competitively but does that mean they sacrificed their security? I'm not too sure about that. After Misty got the boot, this girl was sure she was next. Choosing to keep her translates into her being an asset. She should recognize this and feel grateful, and therein lies loyalty. I feel the men not only made the correct decision, but a wise one.

On a side note, I think the biggest twist of the show came when it rained during a challenge where the objective was to fill buckets with water.