Survivor

Starvation and Lunacy

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 23, 2006 on CBS

• Casaya decides who to send to Exile Island while La Mina (the tribe of men alligned) decide which woman is their most valuable.

Is it just me or has this season seemed like one of the more honest ones out there? It could be that Shane's behaviour rubs off on everyone, but in this episode we see Bruce and Aras having a very open and honest conversation after a bit of a tiff. Shane, as usual, says what's on his immediate mind. I'm actually finding myself liking Shane more and more, though. He actually does have gameplay, and has intelligent ideas. He's just in withdrawal. Hilarious.

Casaya tried to pull a La Mina (when they sent Bruce to Exile Island) by sending Terry to Exile Island. This was a mistake. They should've known Bruce didn't have the Idol, but that the next clue would ultimately lead one to find it. They should have chosen Sally or Ruth Marie, knowing one of them would likely be out, and them finding it could stir up troubles there. But that's just some serious analysis. Sending Terry did seem like it would weaken their tribe, but he frigging found the Idol, something I'm sure will come into play later once they merge. This will be especially true if La Mina merges without the numbers, where Terry could use it to make someone flop to his side.

Back to Casaya, does it seem like Courtney and Bobby already have no shot at winning this game based on their personalities? Bobby in particular is screwed. Not only isn't he in the main alliance, but he peeved off his tribemates by taking a dump in the outhouse (where they wanted to store dry firewood, a wise survival move).
    I find myself liking Cirie more and more as well. She just sits there, smiling, carefully plotting. Letting rams butt heads. Last time Casaya lost Immunity, Shane was adamant that she was next to go after Melinda. Luckily for Cirie, they won their third straight challenge, and second straight Immunity, and so that theory needn't be tested this week.

More honesty in this season arises with the 4 men at La Mina debating between keeping Ruth Marie (more loyal when it comes to a merge) or Sally (stronger at competitions; but more likely to flop). In the end, they went with strength again, just like when they got rid of Misty. Not sure if that plan is really working out well for them. I could see this strong, male tribe going down the drain if they don't turn it around. It's 7-5 now. Next Immunity will be huge, or else Sally is gone.

I hope they have a Mutiny and Sally flops over!