Survivor

The Marooning

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 31, 2000 on CBS

• Where it all began!

I can't believe I actually just watched the very first episode of Survivor, and wow it is so different to the show today - in some ways it is better, in some ways it is not. I didn't really think much of the castaways to begin with - there don't seem to be any interesting players and personalities on this season.

Some of the old people - like Rudy and BB - started annoying me right off the bat with their bossy attitudes and it was pretty annoying to watch in all honesty.

The first ever challenge on Survivor was a good one, although not the same without Jeff's commentary which we are used to in the current seasons. Pagogn pulled off a great win, and I think the outcome of the first ever Tribal Council was pretty obvious, even though I would've been much happier had they given Rudy the boot.

Overall, not a bad first ever episode of Survivor.
  • let's begin Survivor!

What can I say about the first episode of survivor. It was really GREAT. I was sitting there on my couch and randomly I started to watch that show. Superb! Two tribes , Tagi and Pagong. There were conflicts in both tribes , generation aspects. Tagi's tribe , Stacy and Rudy and Pagong's tribe , B.B. and Joel. Two hard workers , Rudy and B.B. are not afraid to say what they think. Immunity challenge was close at the beginning but when Sonja fell, it was over for tagi's tribe. One of the good victory of Pagong. The tribe has spoken for Sonja , 4 votes against 3 for Rudy and 1 for Stacy.
  • This was a great episode to start to Survivor.

In this episode 16 average Americans were marooned off of Borneo to survive the elements and win one million dollars. As the two tribes adapted to live in Borneo, Tagi struggled with living with each other. For example, the young women had personality conflicts with Rudy and others were annoyed with Stacey because she was too lazy. There were conflicts with Pagong as B.B. felt that many of the younger tribe members were not working hard enough. At the challenge, it was close, but Pagong won after Sonja of Tagi fell. At tribal council, Stacy recieved 1 vote, Rudy received 3, but Sonja got 4 and was voted out of the tribe
  • Sonja did not do well and got dragged to the finish line in immunity. in the end Sonja was the first person voted off.

7.4
    Richard annoyed me from the start of the game. my opinion on Susan is not much different. i think the vote was very obvious. Sonja was too weak for the Tagi tribe. Sonja is a nice person though. i think that her luxury item was pretty interesting. i did not like the immunity challenge. Stacey really annoyed me too. i think Rudy was just a very hard worker and wanted other people to work too. this group is pretty interesting and i loved this season. the idea of being in Borneo on a deserted island is also pretty cool. i would have voted Richard off first.
  • The start of reality tv begins!

This show is a very pivotal one IMO.
    Because it began the phrase as well as coined the term "reality tv."
    That has become the norm that is today.
    Without this show, we wouldn't just have Survivor.
    But we wouldn't have "Big Brother, The Amazing Race, the Bachelor."
    Among other shows.
    This is also the Grandaddy of reality tv shows.
CBS