Survivor

This Camp Is Cursed!

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 16, 2008 on CBS

• Not as exciting as the last one, that's for sure! But there were a couple of cgreat moments!

Well my absolute favourite part of this episode was Crystal searching through Sugar's bag and discoverin g the idol hidden there! Sugar is a really likeable and nice person, and I love the 'Sugar Shack'! She must be enjoying all that fruit!

Meanwhile, Kota continues to dominate challenges, although things were slightly closer this time round! I thought Fang had the Reward Challenge, but it didn't turn out that way! As for Immunity, Fang led until the end, but they lost again!

GC wanted to quit and go home, and so the Tribal wasn't very interesting to watch, aside from the questions regarding Sugar and her idol! Can't wait to see what will happen next!

While this wasn't the greatest episode, the preview for th e next one looked interesting! I also loved the scene with the elephant at the Fang camp! That was just beautiful!
  • average

Just another average episode of Survivor. Nothing stood out in this episode at all. The tribe had the best chance to take out Sugar because they knew she had the immunity idol and they didn't take. Seriously, what are they thinking? Why id everyone so awed by Ace? Seriously, he's a threat and they just keep him around. Anyways, I'm happy GC is gone because he was annoying. I'm curious to see what happens next with Sugar and the idol. Overall, just an average episode of Survivor. . This season isn't that good so far, but I'm keeping an open mind.
  • Review

I stated in an earlier edition of a review for this season: It isn't going to be as good as the past 4-5 seasons have been. It's still entertaining at times and there are a few people (Ace, Dan, Randy) that if they make it far enough the show could pick up towards the merge. Right now I think the show is focusing too mcuh on the destroyed Fang tribe. When you are 17 seasons into a show you have seen certain things before. We have seen tribes explode out of the gates and win 4-5 immunity challenges in a row. We know the pain of survivor and we have seen many quit along the way. The two major forces of this episode (the horrible Fang tribe and GC quitting) are simply things we have all ready seen. The best part, for me, was the elephant at the beginning. Also - horrible decision at the immunity challenge to have Sugar calling out to Ace. Knowing the challeneg is mostly blind means you don't need all the manpower up at the top.
  • While this may not be the best season of Survivor, it's turning out pretty dang well.

First off I'll admit that I did't watch this episode incredible closely, it was on in the bar and quite hard to hear and I haven't had a whole lot of time to rewatch it. Anyway, I'll make this review not just about the episode but also about the season so far. For some reason I don't like the Gabon setting as much as the earlier seasons, I guess i'm just so used to seeing the beach all the time. The characters this year range from plain ol' boring to some great personalities. Frankly I was happy to see the first 4 women go. None of them really brought anything great to the table and I'm guessing were put on the show as filler. This episode GC was voted off, now this was someone who brought nothing to the table, he gave up on challenges, was constatly bickering and downright didn't look like he wanted to be there. It's nice to see him go. As for my favorite characters. At the beginning of the season I was rooting for Bob, and don't get me wrong I still am but another old man has taken his spot. I doubt I'm the only one to say this but I thought I would hate him at the start of the season, but that crotchety old man attitude has made this season hilarious. Not only does he make me laugh but he's also kicking ass at the challenges. I have a feeling if he makes it to the merge he's going a long way.