Survivor

You Mangled My Nets

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM May 04, 2011 on CBS

7.8
  • Everything is going according to the plan...

Meh I'm not a fan of the family reunion episodes... Because people go softer and loose focus...As such, I think Mike was really clever in giving up his visit with his mom for the Omaetepe...The challenge was interesting as it seemed physically demanding and Rob surprisingly won...I thought Grant would win...
    In connection with the elimination vote I think it was the right one...Sending Phillip would have been to no avail, considering he can't really perform in the challenges and Matt, Mike and Ralph would have eaten him alive...With Andrea things might be different...
    For the next vote I think it will be Phillip because he has served his purpose...Rob has the idol and if I'm not mistaken top 5 is the last opportunity to play it...But what really saddens me and has sadden me this entire season was seeing how little interest the players gave to finding the idol...With Russell being forced to leave by a bunch of lame amateurs we were prevented in seeing one of the best seasons ever.
  • Visitors from home! (Spoliers)

This was an interesting episode of Redemption Island, with the Ometepe Six finally forced to crumble. The Redemption Island challenge was very interesting, but it seemed like Steve was not very interesting in surviving. I think he just gve up, because an ex-NFL player could've done decently in that challenge.

The family visist were great as usual, but I always love watching the family members compete at a challenge, so I was disappointed that this didn't happen this time round. However, the Immunity Challenge was phenomenal, and it was extremely tough!

This was the first episode in a long time that Phillip didn't talk about his Cherokee Great-Grandmather, Justin Harring, is it? Phillip is just so hilarious, and i am glasd to see him survive!

Andrea was my favorite female, so I am very sad to se e her go. I don't like Ashley, and Natalie isn't particularly great. Rob is not on my favorites list, so that leaves Grant and Phillip, both of whom are very great!

As for the Redemptions Island, I like Matt and Andrea immensely, but I also like Mike (one of the only likeable Zapateras). I hope Ralph is eliminated and I would be happy for anyone returning from Redemption Island to win the game.

Can't wait for next week to see what will happen next, and I definitely recommend this episodw!
  • *Spoilers* Watching Rob almost KILL himself in the immunity challenge made up for the lack of Phillip "That N**ger's Crazy" Sheppard's usual antics...

4.5
    Yes, for those of you didn't get the reference Phillip was making, Richard Pryor released an album called "That N**ger's Crazy" in the mid-70's. (For some reason, I seem to recall Phillip getting the title wrong, but whatever.) Of course, A) Richard Pryor was a million times funnier than Phillip could ever hope to be (not to mention he'd probably make a better government agent/soldier/Green Beret Navy SEAL Delta Force Commando whatever Phillip is claiming this week that he was); and B) Richard Pryor was funny in the usual "say something funny" way, while Phillip is like a homeless crackhead (in a city where people haven't become numbed to seeing mentally ill people & wanting to help them) - you can't help but laugh at first while Tweaker Joe talks about Marlon Brandon's role in the Ronald Reagan assassination... but after awhile you just want to get the guy some HELP, ya know? You notice how he never says which "government agency" he was an agent in? Ten bucks says that, say, it was the CIA he distributed mail for? Well, CBS showed rough cuts of these episodes to the CIA to make sure National Security was being breached, and instead the CIA said, "Screw 'National Security' - this n**ga's CRAZY! Look, how's this - we'll let you use the Huey X-923 helicopter in an episode of NCIS, and in return you make sure he NEVER states that he worked for the Company?". Because while the CIA doesn't mind being accused of flooding the ghettos with crack 'n' guns, they draw the line at being associated with "That Crazy N**ga, Phillip Sheppard".

Oh yeah, the episode, right. Well, kudos to Rob for putting it out there! The ex-NFL player next to Rob may have been in better physical condition, but as hard as he may have tried to win, Rob would have won that challenge if one of his legs fell off! Between being able to control other players & getting them to do his bidding, as well as his physical strength & drive, how could they NOT vote for him?
CBS