Survivorman Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on OLNBetween Seasons

WAsssup, No One Watches Survivorman?

Minarvia

[21]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 39
    I also perfer this series over Man vs. Wild, why? Because Les dose not put himself in danger while Bear dose. Also in every episode where he has to kill an animal he is a little upset about it, but he knows that it something that he has to do to stay alive. He is also make an effort to take stuff that is on the ground and not from living stuff.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mohtontorpedo

[22]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 2
    I've always liked this show. My relatives say that Les is boring and that Man vs. Wild is better because "Bear" is more extreme. I've always stuck with Les, despite what they say. Now that Grylls has been labeled a "fraud", Survivorman appears to be back on top. Go Les!

desert05

[23]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 12
    I agree. I always thought Les was by far the better of the two. The shows aren't exactly alike anyway, but Les' show is much more authentic and interesting to watch. This episode shows you how much danger he really does put himself through to bring us each episode.

darkklown

[24]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 3

I love this show I think its way better than Man Vs Wild 1. He is by himself 2. All that camera equipment by himself 3. Bear might be sneaking food 4. Bear's accent gets on my nerves sometimes especially when he says glaciers and crevasses.

darkklown

[25]Sep 4, 2007
    Minarvia wrote:
    Also in every episode where he has to kill an animal he is a little upset about it, but he knows that it something that he has to do to stay alive. He is also make an effort to take stuff that is on the ground and not from living stuff.

Yeah in the new season I notice he doesn't say that anymore about saving the trees and feeling bad about killing things anymore I wonder if the producers told him to stop

silentchuck

[26]Sep 14, 2007
    I only just discovered this show a week ago and it's great. I *think* they were doing a season two recap, which means I need to get caught up on season 1 sometime. It's a little amusing to think that first he has to climb a hill, set up the camera, climb back down the hill, then climb back up the hill to the camera to give the appearance of himself travelling along the terrain. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the show at all, just noticing that he has to do twice as much work just to get good TV out of what he does. And it is (good TV). I love it, and it'll be on in less than an hour.

persekore

[27]Sep 23, 2007
    • level: 6
    I just found this show about three days ago- I watched Man Vs Wild, stumbled across a lot of the fraud talk, and decided to see if Survivorman was any better. They're really different shows - MvW seems to be about getting out of his situation, whereas Les often knows ways of getting out but ignores them in favour of actually surviving in his situation. That, combined with the fact that he's doing his own filming etc make it a really different feel. I like Survivorman, though - he seems a lot more friendly, good-natured rather than buff. The only thing about it is - I wonder how much thought he puts into his narratives? It makes me laugh, to think of him saying something, rethinking it, and trying it over again ... it'd be a good way to pass the time when your'e alone.

Thresher_V

[28]Sep 25, 2007
    • level: 7
    I love this show because of it's realism. Since I'm not part spider-monkey, there's no way in hell I'm trying to scale a cliff or slide down a waterfall. Les teaches you how to survive long time in case a rescue party is out looking for you. Even though you can't rely on that happening, you still would feel safer if you're able to survive long term. Like they tell boxers, if you have a 5 round fight, train for 50. Endurance is better than trying for the quick knockout.

geoffmaze

[29]Sep 25, 2007
    • level: 5
    Not sure what kind of ratings this show gets but I like it and obviously everyone here who has bothered to post about it likes it as well. I get the show on the Science Channel and watch it whenever I see that its on, you'd hope to never be in one of those situations but I've learned some good survival tips in the event it ever did. Good show, well worth watching!

ha-Y-n1

[30]Sep 29, 2007
    so far s2 is great. Les is da man!

kjp0929

[31]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 4
    you cannot compare the 2 shows , not even close Les is comitted and makes the physical sacrafice needed to make the show as realistic as possibe
    Edited on 10/08/2007 4:27pm

serasuzie

[32]May 8, 2008
    I stumbled upon it as well. Since first seeing it, I haven't been able to miss an ep. I tell my boyfriend I "want to see what this fool will do next" lol. I mean, I must admit, as a former girl scout, I think I may know more about the great outdoors than Les lol. It was especially fun watching him in the swamps of Georgia...I'm from the South and know that area well. He's a fool for going out there; bottom line. Lucky he wasn't eaten by an alligator,,,or a local lol.

serasuzie

[33]May 8, 2008
    Are we discussing Man vs. Wild?? Have you ever seen anyone on Meth?? lol Srsly, I'd be willing to bet my life that that guy is on something.

dirtydog1992

[34]Jun 21, 2008
    There is something wrong with Man vs. Wild. He doesn't show you how to survive and in the end he really puts himself in more danger than he gets himself out of danger.

I stumbled onto Survivorman about a year ago and whenever I see it's going to be on tv I either record it or watch it. I can't miss an episode if I can help it. They are entertaining, educational, real.

I have also gotten a lot of people tell me that Man vs. Wild is better because it is more exciting than Survivorman. However, if I was caught in a survival situation I would trust Les's advice and disregard Man vs. Wild's advice. Between the two Les knows more. But, you can't really compare the two unless you want to compare their differences because they are two completely different shows.

antdude

[35]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 28
    I am way late and a bit addicted to this series like on http://educatedearth.net/video.php?id=4588 ...

I saw his AZ desert, flood, and New Guinea so far. I want to see more.