Survivors Forums

BBC (ended 2010)

Season 3? (No Spoilers)

enctv

[1]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 14

What do you think the chances are for Season 3? I would love at least some resolution to the story lines from Season 2.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

InvasionFanbOy

[2]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 8

i think it wil not be a 3th season, since the first season was just bad, the second is mediocre at best... in a world of money and idiots (that killed of the great invasion show) money wil always do the talking..

Heather_H

[3]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 35

They way they left season 2 suggests there's definitely scope for a third season, and I reckon it'll get one too. The ratings weren't too bad in the UK and it's a (fairly) popular show in the States too. There's certainly lots of room for the show to grow, but then again if it was cancelled I doubt a huge amount of people would be that heartbroken.

Heather_H

[4]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 35

Looks like there won't be a third season after all. The BBC has confirmed that they've cancelled the Survivors because of poor ratings. It's a shame considering the way it's been left. Though I know most viewers lost interest we don't get that many UK shows that are left on such cliffhangers. That's usually left to American shows.

Do you think that what happened to Primeval might happen to Survivors? I'm doubtful because Survivors was cancelled because of ratings rather than cost, but as a BBC source told Total Sci Fi: The ratings Surviors got weren't dreadful and would have been considered good on most other channels.

TheOldBill

[5]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 94

No more Survivors? Excellent!

enctv

[6]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 14

When a show ends like hat with no resolution, I don't understand why the viewers who were watching can't get a at least a tv movie. I mean really that is not asking a lot.

tallinex

[7]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 4

The BBC is committed to making a broad range of varied and ambitious drama, but in order to achieve this we do have to move on from some pieces in order to allow new work to come through.

After two series, Survivors will not be returning

BBC FAQ

segarion

[8]Nov 20, 2010
    Ugh, you have to be kidding me. I was waiting for a 3rd season to start too. This was by far one of my favorite shows the BBC has put out. To kill it off at such a great cliffhanger without so much as giving us someway to end the story or have sort of closure to it, that just takes the cake for me. This gets so old so fast when networks do this.

Nanfoodle

[9]Dec 31, 2010
    • level: 7

My wife and I started watching this on Netflix and really loving the show. Sad to hear there wont be any more.

Loriannes

[10]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 5

The BBC suck, the only things i watch the BBC now are; Top Gear (BBC 2), Doctor Who (BBC 1) and Being Human (BBC 3) the rest of the programmes are all awful. The problem with the BBC is that they always mess around with programme timing, and pander to those our there with little or no brain capacity who can't cope with thinking and rely soley on Reality TV for entertainment.

I'm disappointed with the fact that Survivors was cancelled i would like a resolution!

Dreamer2129

[11]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 1

Is it true that there is not going to be a 3rd series of Survivors! BBC can't cancel it after the way they have left the final episode of series 2. Thanks a lot BBC!!!

Aegaeon_33

[12]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 8

well it looks like season 3 is a no go

pity, unlike some, i think this was a dramatic and powerful show

i really dont know what is going on today but excellent shows seem to always die young, like;

firefly & jericho to name a couple

we have a saying on the central coast, sh*t floats to the top

i guess its the follow on effect - the US is the largest western society and the education system is considered 'average' by world standards. and that includes places like Angola. S

Sadly, americans are good at making scifi so while their mainland audience gets dumber, the rest of the civilised world loses out on great tv.

it seems the poms are not immune - their audiences like the plotless Primeval (i like primeval but seriously can we explore the universe, not just the dinosaurs!) but turn their back on a future i guess all too real

not to get too deep but i guess a future dominated by killer viruses and a lack of resources is no longer fantasy, but a very real and frightening possibility.

if we all believed in "an eye for an eye" we'd all be blind

georgie-girl13

[13]Jan 23, 2011

I can't believe the BBC are not commisioning another series of this absolutely brilliant show. Thanks BBC we'll just be left watching the rubbish the u.s churns out. Survivors was such a brilliantly british series, i just don't want to believe that the next series is not going to happen and on such a cliff hanger. Please please please BBC bring back survivors at least for just one more series. Please, please, please, please....times infinity.

Frenz9

[14]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 10
    I loved this show, another one falls. Lets put on yet another police/medical drama.. yea that would be good.

OoSerzoO

[15]Jun 6, 2011

WOULD LOVE A SERIES 3! This by far is one of the best things i've ever watched on the BBC... Please do a series 3...

Lucibelladonna

[16]Jul 23, 2011
    I just started watching this show on Netflix instant play today, and I'm already 4 episodes in, it's so intriguing! I admit I have a predisposition to post-apocalyptic themes, and this is pretty run-of-the-mill predictable, but it's refreshing to see good acting and a complete lack of zombies (so far). The ratings didn't seem too awful, at 3.8 million views for their lowest rated show? Perhaps they should show it on US television, maybe it would do better there? I'm bummed because I already know the show will end in 8 more episodes.
    Well, here's to hoping for a third season.

sjukfan

[17]Sep 24, 2011

Maybe it wasn't for everyone, but I enjoyed Survivors a lot. Overall I found it Refreshing.

But I must admit it pisses me off when they kill off shows without making a final episode. Here we're left hanging. Release it as a book or something if you don't have the money to film it.

carebare34

[18]Oct 24, 2011

this is not fare, first heroes know survivors . we the ppl should have a say in this , leaving the shows the way they did not cool.

TrevorGowe

[19]Jan 25, 2012

The show is actually based on a book.

My wife and I absolutely loved this show. And we'd love to see a conclusion on the TV.

However since it appears that's not going to happen... we'll buy the book and see where it went.

I agree with what most others have already said; they kill off the best shows and leave the garbage. American Idol is still on the air... and we can't get a third season of one of the best shows in recent memory. Sad times.

bogleys

[20]Jun 23, 2012

Thanks for mentioning the book.

I also am surprised that yet another great series is no more.

Remember Earth2, Firefly...?We should start a petition.