Survivors Forums

BBC (ended 2010)

What started it?

belial_77

[1]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 17

it seems we are getting a sub-plot that is going to reveal the plauge's origins...

do you guys think it was intentional or just an act of nature? And if it WAS intentional, what do you think the motives were for wiping-out over 90% of the population?

Personally, I'm thinkin along the lines of an old Doctor Who story called "Invasion of the Dinosaurs". Through out the story, time fissures were opening across London allowing dinosaurs to step through and wreak havock... at fisrt the Doctor thought it was a bizzare, but natural occurance... but later its revealed that a group of extreme right-wing scientists and politicians had orchastrated the whole thing in an attempt to go back in time and be the first humans on Earth... all this was to make THIER moral values ingrained into society from its very origins...

Could a right-wing group be trying the same thing here? only no Dinos or time machines... but instead, simply killing off the "unclean masses" so that the only ones left were those who shared their believes...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheOldBill

[2]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 94
    Doesn't sound to me like the sort of thing a "right-wing" group would do. You need to look to the totalitarian Left for attempts to create the "perfect" socially-engineered society through the displacement of populations, exterminations and genocides.

belial_77

[3]Dec 3, 2008

TheOldBill wrote:
    Doesn't sound to me like the sort of thing a "right-wing" group would do. You need to look to the totalitarian Left for attempts to create the "perfect" socially-engineered society through the displacement of populations, exterminations and genocides.

Tru nuff... but here in the US, right-wing religious fanatics woul dbe far more likly to pull-off such a thing... but in general, you are correct in sayin the Left would be just as likely/more likely to cause such problems...

I know you ar ein charge of the Old Who board, Bill... do ya see what I'm talking about in relation to Invasion of the Dinosaurs?

kmscott95

[4]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 3
    I believe the virus was started by the Government in an attempt to cure the common cold or something to that effect.

hrgaffney

[5]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 51
    TheOldBill wrote:

Yes. Remember this is set in the UK and not USA. It would make far more sense that it is a left wing group respionsible.

belial_77

[6]Dec 13, 2008

hrgaffney wrote:
    Yes. Remember this is set in the UK and not USA. It would make far more sense that it is a left wing group respionsible.

Sorry, despite watching a ton of UK shows since an early age, I am woefully ignorant of the politics... I was basin my explaination on US political stereotypes... thanks for illuminating me on the diff tween the two.

D-BorG

[7]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 14
    Didn't Sami Masood said that it was all his fault?

ryansmith2k

[8]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 4
    it was released by a faction of the goverment, i think it was originally ment to be released to expose everyone to the same thing but cure at the same time but then it mutated and when they couldnt control the part of the goverment behind it went into hiding, then they send out people to collect survivors to see if they can cure the new strain

MrShotShot

[9]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 15
    TheOldBill wrote:

Agreed. This is right up the alley of some extremist enviro or progressive society group.

Heck, even today we have enviro whack-job types talking about voluntary euthanasia to "save the planet".