Swamp People

Thursday 9:00 PM on The History Channel Premiered Aug 22, 2010 In Season

Swamp People Fan Reviews (10)

7.8
  • EPISODE: Bullet Proof

EPISODE: Bullet Proof. All the gator hunters are after a large gator to claim the $10,000 bounty being offered. Liz/Justin. Searching dead Mans Alley for monster gators. Put out 15 special bait traps. Finally, gator on. Shot #1. Just a $$ gator. Just 2 gator out of 15 lines. Finally, gator on. Shot #1, NO NO. Shot #2. Big boy in the boat. But only 11.2'. Short. Bruce/Ron. Gator on. Only a 8 footer, but $$ in the bank. 10 of 19 lines, just 2 gators. Finally get a big one on the line. Shot #1, oops. Shot #2, gator in the boat. Now, Bruce is in a hurry to get monster of the bounty judge, but the swamp has a different idea. Finally swamp 1, Bruce's boat 0. The do make it back safe, but the 11.2' gator is short. But the boat is in bad shape. Junior/Duggie. Junior is not pleased with the antics of Duggie, but he needs help. Checking 40 lines, 0 for the first 6. Then 2 for the next 21. Finally tangle with a 11 footer. Not a bounty winner, but $$ in the bank. Jacob/Chase. First line, a tree shaker. Shot #1, just a love tap. Byre, bye. Decided to sit and wait the monster out. Finally, a long shot. HA, HA, just a head ache. Shot #2, finally success. But, just a large $$ gator.

EPISODE: Gator Slayer (3-9-2015). Troy/Holden. Troy continuers to be a good teacher. But this week, they kept getting caught in thunder storms. Finally, they find one line that the gator snapped the cord. But, with persistence they managed to catch the monster. RJ/J. Paul. Using the air boat but still having a bad week. The gators seem to smell the hooks. RJ tries an of Cajon trick, a "smart stick". It worked. Final result: stick 1, gator 0. Liz/Justin. They had a giant gator that was attacking smaller gators. They called it Goliath. Liz decided to use gator meat. End result, Liz 1, gator 0. The final part of the shoe was with Jeromy/David. They are not the best hunters to be on this series. At time, it is hard to understand what Jeromy is saying. And his appearance is grungy at best. They did manage to bring is the largest gator so for the big dollar contest. But, the season has a lot of days to go.

• SAFETY NEVER TAKES A HOLIDAY

For God's sake put on a pair of gloves before you haul the gator up!! Also, wear safety glasses so when a gator breaks a tooth it won't damage your eyes!! Just sayin..........
  • GLOVES

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. Troy you are the sweeties person ever. Jpaul and his father are so handsome - I take either one of them. (LORDY) Anyway out of all the inventions we make in the world can someone please work on creating a glove that can be used without my buddies getting their hands burned from holding the rope? Next question, how come the Alligators can't pull the poles out the ground, either you guys have them cemented in or buried pretty deep. KEEP IT COMING......
  • New Show Monday 7pm

Troy & Liz Are Awsome ,
  • Troy is the Winner

Of all the shows on tv and the cast on this network. Troy is the favorite! The family man and father can sure put some humor and excitement into the hunting of gators. Troy if you are ever out on the West Coast, with your wife or family? You are sure welcome to spend the time here at our home outside of Seattle, Washington. IN fact if you read this email and would like to come for Thanksgiving, we would be proud to have you as our guest. You are the man!
  • FOR REAL...

I love to watch this show. You can tell that these people care about their neighbors and strangers to ! And they are hard workers. I love the way they joke around. I love it when Liz catches a gator. I love the way she shows the men that a woman can do what they do just as good ! I hope this show last for long while. And one more am sick and tired of you ignorant, no class people calling people stupid hillbillies ! Why do you have to do that ? Is it because you are jealous ? The people on here that like to pick on hillbillies don't have a clue about life at all. WE hillbillies are loyal friends and neighbors who work hard and love our families. We don't backstab people or talk behind someones back. We are straight up with the people in our lives. So why don't you snobs try being like us for a change. Instead of being materialistic snobs who don't know what being loyal means. Just sayin'
  • liz is the best ever

ok when liz went with the guy that lost his brother to a tragic death that was the coolest episode that you guys ever did that guy is so cool and he lost his only relative to a tragic death and liz is the coolest tv start on the market she is pretty and calm and has a great family I love her for her determination

• love the show

I love this show cause it is entertaining,and not all the guys on this show,have missing should judge people so quickly suzannedesgen,lets see you do this job I am sure you could do and there are always aligators reproducing so give me a break and where aelse are they going to make that kind of money at walmart lol.
  • Swamp People

This has to be the most disgusting show on television. I'm disappointed with History Television, because it seems to me that they're more interested in instant ratings than offering high quality shows that serious viewers expect from them. Seeing a bunch of ignorant, thoothless and stupid hillbillies having fun killing animals and enjoying to butcher these reptiles tells me that after all, these no good walking pieces of dead meat show the world how worthless their lives really are!
  • Adventure and Good People

When my son turned this show on I expected to see a sad show full of people the producers wanted to make fun of. What I found instead is a group of some of the most interesting, thoughtful, hardworking, moral people in this country.

I never expected to like this show, but it is my favorite reality tv show, (along with Ghost Hunters). This show has everything. My husband likes the show because it has the adventure of hunting gators. I like the show because it has family values and a real knowledge of right and wrong and what's really important in life. Two of the father and son teams in particular- Troy and his son and RJ with Jay Paul- are the type of people I would love to have as neighbors. Even Trapper Joe has realistic aggravations with his stepson Tommy, but most people find raising kids a struggle and Joe does better than most.

The Geiser brothers are humorous, and provide a sweet comic relief to the show. Sometimes I feel protective over these upstanding families, as I have seen people joke about them. Yes, Bruce with his dog Tyler is humorous, but the way he went to look for Tyler when Tyler was missing is something all dog lovers should admire. We need more people who care for their pets like Bruce. Yes, it's easy to make fun of the way they talk, and I hope they never have their feelings hurt by hearing anything anyone says about them because of their surface traits. They are salt of the earth, beautiful souls. People who are blind to their good character and see only their shortcomings are themselves the ones who are lacking.

Sometimes I think the editing plays into the stereotypes, but the narrator does a great job of appreciating the hard work these families do. The young man with the missing tooth, who said, "I ain't so good at readin' and writin', but I know how to catch a snake", for example, could have had that statement editied out. His skills and work ethic speak for themselves. That young man hunted snakes all night long, suffered several bites, and by doing that showed what a stalwart, strong young man he is in so many ways.

I hope these people grow happier as the show continues, and I hope they don't lose hold of their values. This makes for good viewing on so many levels and I look forward to several more seasons. Liz, the woman, is a great addition, and I am in favor of more Troy all the time. More people need Troy's perspective; to hear it, to live it.