A new Swat Kats cartoon???

McRazor

[1]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 13

WHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Somebody finaly heard my prays!
    "It was confirmed by Cartoon NEtwork that a new version of the SWAT Kats was in production, ready to be released in the summer of 2007. It was confirmed also that most of the characters from the original series were coming back. Some of the villains like Dr.Viper, The Metallikats, Dark Kat and The Pastmaster are going to make a return, with a new visual. It isn't known yet if the new cartoon series is a totally new series, or if it it has anything to do with the original show"
    The text was taken from wikipedia! There is God, afterall!

Edited on 12/23/2006 4:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

elpaquilloloco

[2]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 27
    Thanks for the info McRazor. If that's true, I will be busy next summer
    Anyway, I hope that's true, and that they keep most characters of the 90's show I love, and if they keep continuity with this show, more awesome will be.
    Anyway, I'll pin this thread.

sonysunu

[3]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 5

These are just rumours. If they are making a new SK Cartoon, then I am not interested in watching it. If they are making new episodes for the original show under SWAT Kats team, then I will watch it.  

McRazor

[4]Sep 23, 2006
    Well, they said that the characters will have new designs, so then it would be reasonable to be a brand new show. Altough, watching today action cartoons, I do have a tiny dose of scepticism about this. If only they could bring the old team that worked on the original show, then I would know it would be great! Especially the writers!

kerfootw

[5]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 14

Robert Alvarez is still working at CN.  Hopefully he'll return to SK as the director.

elpaquilloloco

[6]Sep 23, 2006
    kerfootw wrote:
    Robert Alvarez is still working at CN. Hopefully he'll return to SK as the director.
    He could. I also would like to see Lance Falk directing some episodes.

McRazor

[7]Sep 23, 2006

Robert Alvarez worked on almost every CN cartoon. As for Lance Falk, I only know that he worked on Jonny Quest and Swat Kats. Glenn Leopold, the other writer, worked on Scooby Doo, Pirates of Dark Water...so there's might a chance for them to bring him to write the SK again!

If only some guy who's involved in that, read this and actualy give some care about it!

Edited on 09/23/2006 4:39pm

Black_Oracle

[8]Sep 29, 2006
    • level: 5
    This has been highly debated on the swatkats.us forums and no-one can find any further confirmation of this announcement of a new SK series. I hate to say it but this news could well be a hoax. I would love to see SK being revived once again, but until we can get another reliable source to back up this statement from wikipedia, i wouldn't get my hopes up too high if i were you guys! The problem with wikipedia is that anyone can edit its information.

McRazor

[9]Sep 30, 2006
    Yeah, maybe I did rushed a little bit for this. But even if this is a hoax (perish the thought), CN is really one big bastard for totally ignoring fan requests.

DrButt

[10]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 1
    Well if they do either idea they better do it right. The cartoons of these days arnt as good as the ones from the early ninties.  Plus they should really try to get the original animation style back, if we all recall SK was famous for its comic book style animation.  But it is a risk, dont know exactly how they are doing it but they better do it right, it hasnt been too long since the series was created and might be too soon for a remake.

darklordavaitor

[11]Nov 21, 2006
    • level: 21
    I also agree that this is a hoax,as Wikipedia isn't very trustable,and CN is probably the elast bit intrested in bringing back SK,when they would rather revive Dex,PPG,or even Jack.And they would also likely need to make an agreement with Hanna-Barbera,which is also at the bottom of their to-do list.Hate to say it,being a fan myself.Besides,it would have either an anime and/or CGI style of animation.

gaara257

[12]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 19
    This might be a great idea I rember watching this show when I was young I would like to it be made into (2007) seires that will be awseome.

gunswordfist

[13]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 4
    McRazor wrote:

WHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Somebody finaly heard my prays!

"It was confirmed by Cartoon NEtwork that a new version of the SWAT Kats was in production, ready to be released in the summer of 2007. It was confirmed also that most of the characters from the original series were coming back. Some of the villains like Dr.Viper, The Metallikats, Dark Kat and The Pastmaster are going to make a return, with a new visual. It isn't known yet if the new cartoon series is a totally new series, or if it it has anything to do with the original show"

The text was taken from wikipedia! There is God, afterall!

*faints* This is too good to be true!! This was my ABSOLUTE favorite oldschool cartoon!!! Let's pray that CN does this show justice and it better not end up being like Fantastic Four. BLECH!!!

McRazor

[14]Dec 12, 2006
    At this point, this is just a proofless rumor. But I really hope that it won't be done by some anime-geeks (like the FF was done) but by the same crew that worked on the old cartoon and with the same spirit (maybe a little darker) of the old show.

McRazor

[15]Dec 12, 2006
    PS: Hanna-Barbera is dead! And I think that rights for all of their cartoons are now owned by WB.

elpaquilloloco

[16]Dec 14, 2006

McRazor wrote:
    PS: Hanna-Barbera is dead! And I think that rights for all of their cartoons are now owned by WB.
    That explains a lot of things.

McRazor

[17]Dec 19, 2006
    It's true, since Joseph Barbera died today.

DrButt

[18]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 1
    CN hasnt really said anything on the matter and there isnt much info. if it is true. But if it is they should let me do the voice of Dark Kat, I sound just like him from what everyone tells me lol. But seriously I get tierd of people telling me that both in person and online, quite annoying. Anyhow if it is a new show and its done in a not so great animation then it will probably be dumbed down for todays audience. But if is a continuation then Im all in, still they should keep the animation or at least buff it up to anime by many requests (mainly because the series was animated like american comics while anime is of manga comics).

elpaquilloloco

[19]Jan 17, 2007

DrButt wrote:
    CN hasnt really said anything on the matter and there isnt much info. if it is true. But if it is they should let me do the voice of Dark Kat, I sound just like him from what everyone tells me lol. But seriously I get tierd of people telling me that both in person and online, quite annoying. Anyhow if it is a new show and its done in a not so great animation then it will probably be dumbed down for todays audience. But if is a continuation then Im all in, still they should keep the animation or at least buff it up to anime by many requests (mainly because the series was animated like american comics while anime is of manga comics).
    Do you really have Dark Kat's voice?? I hope someday you upload a video with your voice, to see if you have that voice. If you do that, I promise I will never bother you with the classic lines of: "Wow, you really have Dark Kat's voice!!!!" or "No, you don't really have his voice!"..

lightning_kf

[20]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 36
    McRazor wrote:
    Yeah, maybe I did rushed a little bit for this. But even if this is a hoax (perish the thought), CN is really one big bastard for totally ignoring fan requests.

A lot of major companies do that.

Or they sometimes make a joke of the original product so that the new fans would buy into it and feed them money, while the original fans like you (and me since I grew up with it at age 11....they were reruns) would start to question their intelligence and flame the company that destroyed the legacy of a classic.