TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

A new Swat Kats cartoon???

mort_07

[21]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 3

if its a rumor thats horriable, but if its true that will so rock.  i'v always wanted to see the unused stories from the original series and some of the new vilians thay had designed but never got to use

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kingcool7789

[22]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 39
    Oh yeah! I love this show!

MacGyvrGenius

[23]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    I hope someone there will have the right mind of making a remake.

kanchide

[24]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 10
    It is unlikely that they would use the same kind of animation, mainly becouse nowadays the tecnology is diferent and it would be costly if they want to maintain quality. They'll probably use cell-stile render 3d animation for the fligth action scenes and the design will be a little more anime-like to atract new audiences. Still we can hope the script will follow the same line, and it will be action packed for sure.I rather take it with an open mind. Even if it becomes a whole different show it may be worthwhile, there IS been some improvement in cartoon quality in recent times...

BILLY-ELI

[25]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    Ohhh I so hope this is true!! That would be soooooo awesome!!

ryuu_artist

[26]Oct 16, 2007
    So, the summer of 2007 has come and gone. Every station has it's laybacks, but if anyone can post/pm some really hard coare evidence that this rumor is true, I'm sure everyone will be greatful.

charmer3189

[27]Jan 31, 2008
    I hope they do continue the show. I loved it!

lightning_kf

[28]Feb 15, 2008
    • level: 36
    If they do decide to do a new Swat Kats cartoon, what are the odds of them keeping the stuff that made it so popular back in the 90s? Slim. very slim

Prodge

[29]May 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    lightning_kf wrote:
    If they do decide to do a new Swat Kats cartoon, what are the odds of them keeping the stuff that made it so popular back in the 90s? Slim. very slim

What could they possibly cut or change to make it worse. It was a fairly simplistic (and awesome) show.
    If anything, adding certain components would make it worse than the original, but surely not cutting things.

mega_man_3

[30]May 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    I sure do hope that they have new episodes of this!! I love it so much!! Looks like I have a new favorite show now!!

elpaquilloloco

[31]May 30, 2008
    • level: 27

Prodge wrote:
    lightning_kf wrote:
    What could they possibly cut or change to make it worse. It was a fairly simplistic (and awesome) show. If anything, adding certain components would make it worse than the original, but surely not cutting things.
    Maybe they could say themselves buddy a little less, but I actually think they could change more things in the cartoon and make it more awesome, as long as it stays true to itself.

JusticeLeaguer

[32]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 61
    I highly doubt a new series is being made. Not only has "Summer '07" come and gone, but "Summer '08" is fast approaching and no mention.

Prodge

[33]Jun 2, 2008
    I doubt it will ever be remade aswell. Unless I manage to fulfill my life's goal.

However, should it ever be remade, there is only one thing they could REMOVE from the show to make it worse than the original and that is the frequent use of the word "crud"! I loved that as a kid. It was sort of my first swear word.

elpaquilloloco

[34]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 27

Prodge wrote:
    I doubt it will ever be remade aswell. Unless I manage to fulfill my life's goal. However, should it ever be remade, there is only one thing they could REMOVE from the show to make it worse than the original and that is the frequent use of the word "crud"! I loved that as a kid. It was sort of my first swear word.
    They could use the good ol' "crap". Of course, it's mainly a children's show but...

Prodge

[35]Aug 8, 2008
    Well, in theory they could use any old swear word. Even make up their own ina BSG-esque way.

It's just that one of the things that I remember fondly about this show, is how often (and I mean o f t e n, seriously, you could make a drinking game of it) they sayed "crud". The beautiful thing about that, is that it's not a bad swear word, not by a long shot. It's more like a light introduction into the world of impolite words not to be used in public. But to us kids, it made the show feel so much more adult and cool. 'Cause if there's one thing kids know, it's that swearing is both grown up and funny as heck.

DrButt

[36]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 1

Well if they do bring it back and or remake it, they better not make it with flash and really crappy writing like they usually tend to do. I mean the show was known for its animation as well, after all looked like a comic book and would hate to see it remade in flash like how they rescently did the biker mice. Or if they do try and make it for real small children then it wont be good. Basically hoping they do it right if they do in fact remake or add on too it.