TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Sweet Valley High Forums

UPN (ended 1997)

sweet valley high: released march 8, 2005

sachi25

[1]Apr 4, 2006
    • level: 5
    I just want to welcome anyone to this forum! I don't know if there have been any previous threads, but this show is one that I was always too busy in high school to watch, back in 1994, and now watch *all the time* when I'm making dinner, at least season 1 that is! and I'm long awaiting season 2 like so many of you out there!!!! Please Buena Vista, let this show's season 2 (and seasons 3 & 4!!!) come to DVD as soon as possible, if not sooner!!!! It has been 1 year and 2 months almost since Season 1 was released. This show was so hard to catch when it was airing that so many viewers almost missed it entirely. If any of you out there have heard its coming, write in, I suppose, I know there's a form somewhere you can sign, I signed it a while back, and they are way overdue for season 2 if you ask me! I hope it comes out by summertime 2006 at the very, very latest
    Thanks!
    Sachi25

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

caramelvixen

[2]May 4, 2006
    • level: 4
    just wanna know if this show airs on any channel at all. i used to watch this when i was in 4th grade, but completely forgot about it... i definitely remember breaker high, and then this, was on everyday during the summer--right before boy meets world. i know boy meets world is on abc family and disney ALL THE TIME.... just wondering if sweet valley high is ever on. or breaker high, for that matter

keljoy

[3]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 2
    i can't wait for all the season to be released already...what's taking them so long to do this, the fact that a lot of people read the books its nice to see them "live" on tv right............released the dvd of sweet valley!!!!!!!

Adelette

[4]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 42
    caramelvixen wrote:
    just wanna know if this show airs on any channel at all. i used to watch this when i was in 4th grade, but completely forgot about it... i definitely remember breaker high, and then this, was on everyday during the summer--right before boy meets world. i know boy meets world is on abc family and disney ALL THE TIME.... just wondering if sweet valley high is ever on. or breaker high, for that matter

Sweet Valley High hasn't been in syndication for some time now. And I've never heard of Breaker High.

Crazy4Daisy

[5]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    As a former SVH addict, I can remember watching the episodes every Saturday. Unfortunately, Fox was very bad at scheduling and couldn't manage to air episodes during the same timeslot or same day. I wish this show could have had a better chance of success. It probably could have been as popular as Saved By the Bell.

sachi25

[6]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 5

I agree. Sweet Valley High could have been as popular as Saved by the Bell had they aired it before school, and then just kept airing it over and over and over! I checked on the Season 2 DVD release tonite, but no luck, of course. Isn't it frustrating? I have been waiting more than 3 years for Season 2. Think I will just have to begin Season 1 all over again. Maybe by the time I finish it again it will come out, probably not. Anyway, what I find interesting is that I was in high school, 9th grade to be exact when this came out, in 1994 and I just can't remember getting to see it. Too bad there were no DVD recorders or Tivo devices back then, but then again I may not be as anxious to see it! Guess I'll have to wait or hope that ebay comes out with it. I'm excited to have all 8 seasons of Charmed and all 10 seasons of 90210, also all 7 seasons of Melrose Place, guess I should feel happy about the things I do have. But we all know there is no show greater than Sweet Valley High, and when it does come out, I am going to be so, so, so, so happy, no I mean ha-ppy!!!!!! Wooh wooh!

Sachi25

Crazy4Daisy

[7]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 6

Is Season One still available for sale? I've tried looking in a few stores around town with no luck. I still have the soundtrack to the show that I bought in middle school twelve years ago (time sure does fly), I listen to it occasionally for a nice blast to the past.

I agree that they should have aired the show in the afternoon when kids were coming home from school. The weekend airings in the middle of the day were hard to catch between all of the extra curricular activities that keep teenagers busy.

senor_fritz

[8]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 20
    Just order it through amazon or ebay. THat's what I'm plan to do.

mayas_teardrops

[9]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 2
    I wish the rest of the series would come on DVD already! I have season 1 and I miss the show so much, but at least let me have the rest of the seasons to watch! =(