We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Swingtown Forums

CBS (ended 2008)

Laurie and the teacher

pipolipa

[21]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 15
    I like them together, they really love each other and work really good together. But I think this relationship will end when he accept the job....we will see.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lemonice20

[22]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 4
    gotta tell you guys, i don't mean to be hurtful
    but couldn't they pick an attractive actress, there are so many out there,
    omg, the actress who plays laurie, i am sorry, is so offensive to look at, she is so ugly, so skinny, absolutely no shape, horrible hair, omg i feel so sorry for the guy who plays the teacher to makeout with her, and she is very aggressive and seems it comes natural, omg she is so ugly at least put some makeup on her. must be francis ford coppola's other ugly daughter.
    and to top it all of she has the confidence and thinks she is pretty or acts that way, what a joke, sorry guys.

wayoutcontrol

[23]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 13
    I am sorry too but I agree. I am not shallow or w/e but yeah the actress who plays laurie is really skinny and does not have a good face

moluvr65

[24]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 9
    lemonice20 wrote:
    gotta tell you guys, i don't mean to be hurtful
    but couldn't they pick an attractive actress, there are so many out there,
    omg, the actress who plays laurie, i am sorry, is so offensive to look at, she is so ugly, so skinny, absolutely no shape, horrible hair, omg i feel so sorry for the guy who plays the teacher to makeout with her, and she is very aggressive and seems it comes natural, omg she is so ugly at least put some makeup on her. must be francis ford coppola's other ugly daughter.
    and to top it all of she has the confidence and thinks she is pretty or acts that way, what a joke, sorry guys.

Just because she doesn't have curves and is skinnier than most people today doesn't mean she can't play the part. She does it very well. A lot of girls back then, especially young ones were very skinny and had no shape. And she seems agressive because that's the person she's trying to portray: a confident, opinionated,smart,intelligent, educated female. That kind of thing must be something you're not used to in your narrow minded world

lilgirl21

[25]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 3

The point is that he is her teacher and if they get caught, which they probley will, then he will go jail no matter what she says, he will go to jail. He is risking everything for a girl who doesn't even have her liscene, and let alone not even old enough to vote. I think that guy who was her friend at the beginning of the show might rat them out.

lemonice20

[26]Aug 17, 2008
    • level: 4

there is no chemistry here

these two actors just don't have the chemistry

she is so aggressive and so confident, i cannot understand this this actress needs to look into the mirror

moluvr65

[27]Aug 19, 2008
    lilgirl21 wrote:

The point is that he is her teacher and if they get caught, which they probley will, then he will go jail no matter what she says, he will go to jail. He is risking everything for a girl who doesn't even have her liscene, and let alone not even old enough to vote. I think that guy who was her friend at the beginning of the show might rat them out.

WAS her teacher. He's not her teacher anymore, thus they can do whatever they want to without him getting into trouble.

shoegal83

[28]Aug 19, 2008

nothing has been said about doug working at laurie's school since that episode where she met his friends at the softball match. do you think that maybe the writers aren't going down that road because the show isn't going forward past this season?

Edited on 08/19/2008 9:45pm

HRGirl

[29]Aug 21, 2008
    shoegal83 wrote:

nothing has been said about doug working at laurie's school since that episode where she met his friends at the softball match. do you think that maybe the writers aren't going down that road because the show isn't going forward past this season?

I hope not!

GiverSSJ

[30]Oct 13, 2008
    HRGirl wrote:
    shoegal83 wrote:

I hope not!

I wonder if Doug will return in season two finding someone else(if there is a season two...I hope so)