Swingtown Forums

CBS (ended 2008)

Swingtown Moves To Friday

GODHOOD

[1]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 17
    CBS has moved Swingtown to Fridays 10 p.m.est time slot, so the new episode scheduled for tonight will be shown tomorrow.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

justinwestnet

[2]Jul 24, 2008
    i just checked my channel guid and you're right. it's being replaced by flashpoint. that's not good as Friday night shows typically don't do well. Looks like they suspect Swingtown is on the decline.

hawaiianspice2

[3]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 1
    This show is awesome...i hope it does not get bumped! I look forward to it every week

GODHOOD

[4]Jul 24, 2008
    Friday night at 10 p.m. is the permanent time slot in its entire run so it won't be shown on Thursday nights anymore. It's pretty much a dead-end time slot which means CBS doesn't have confidence in the show, don't expect a second season.

jonnybrx

[5]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 4
    My hope is that CBS will drop it, and HBO will scoop it up. Its too good for CBS.

bouges13

[6]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 19

GODHOOD wrote:
    Friday night at 10 p.m. is the permanent time slot in its entire run so it won't be shown on Thursday nights anymore. It's pretty much a dead-end time slot which means CBS doesn't have confidence in the show, don't expect a second season.

Yep... CBS doing anything other than crime dramas or sitcoms seem to fail. It is disappointing, as I thought Swingtown did a nice job of recreating the 70's with the music and the feel, and the cast was pretty great with interesting stories, imo. I hope that it can succeed on Fridays, but really there is little hope, and CBS does not seem very invested in the move. But I suppose the move is better than just stop airing eps.

justinwestnet

[7]Jul 25, 2008
    I saw Flashpoint from last week, and it's retarded. I'm sorry, but it looks like a cool premise, but it's too cliche and all the negotiation scenes are dull.

HRGirl

[8]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 9
    hawaiianspice2 wrote:
    This show is awesome...i hope it does not get bumped! I look forward to it every week

I couldn't agree more! I love this show. I hope it does get to se another season.

SlidingKat

[9]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 5

I really hate the new time slot. Friday is for Doctor Who, Psych, Numbers and this week G4's coverage of comic con. Too many shows to add another one. Even if this weeks episode was great.

Not to mention Friday at 10pm is not a sit at home and watch tv for this shows audience.

Edited on 07/27/2008 3:57pm

Knghtshade

[10]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 3

Sadly, Friday night is like the Florida of the Network TV world.

Its where the shows go right before they die. Too bad. I was impressed that CBS of all networks was willing to take this on.

I think its not long for this TV world though.

Nethicus

[11]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 6

I don't like the Friday timeslot either, but there are two ways to look at it:

CBS has lost faith in Swingtown, and now it's moving it to Friday to die. OR

CBS is trying to boost viewership of Flashpoint by sitting it behind CSI, and Swingtown now benefits from a lead in from Numbers.

IMHO, I think it's the latter. Flashpoint is OK, and CBS stepped in it by premiering it on Fridays. So now they're trying to give it a chance by changing the timeslot.

As for Fridays being the Day of Death, bear in mind that Numb3rs has survived on Fridays, and it's the lead-in for Swingtown at the moment.

moluvr65

[12]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    Nethicus wrote:

I don't like the Friday timeslot either, but there are two ways to look at it:

CBS has lost faith in Swingtown, and now it's moving it to Friday to die. OR

CBS is trying to boost viewership of Flashpoint by sitting it behind CSI, and Swingtown now benefits from a lead in from Numbers.

IMHO, I think it's the latter. Flashpoint is OK, and CBS stepped in it by premiering it on Fridays. So now they're trying to give it a chance by changing the timeslot.

As for Fridays being the Day of Death, bear in mind that Numb3rs has survived on Fridays, and it's the lead-in for Swingtown at the moment.

From what I just read in the ratings area, having Flashpoint behind CSI gave it the overall win for Thursday in the 18-48 category,and viewership is up 1.8 million viewers over when Swingtown was in that timeslot, for an increase of 38%.

ritamariel

[13]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    That's a bummer if it gets dropped. I really like this show. I DVR it every week cause I go to bed early. I even got a couple friends hook on it :0)

hunnynun

[14]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 1
    It looks like CBS is trying to give Swingtown a death by a dozen shifts. Obviously this series is better suited on HBO where the realism can be really real. A show likie this needs "to go all the way" if it is to have truly valid reflection of the 60's and 70's cultural revolution --- Hang in there baby and find the niche where you truly belong. Let it all hang out---how about that for a blast from the past.

lemonice20

[15]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 4

tom gets on my nerves withhis hair, mustash and most of all the shirts, change his shirts

janet plays miss goody too shoes, dont like that kind of person, you can stand why a husband would cheat on her, put some lipstick on her, she is not pretty her husvand is such a drip

roger is cute

susan dont care for her, does she ever pay attention to her kids, its all about susan, i hope roger ends up with the girl in his office and these two get a divorce

trina is the hot one and the pretty one.

change the actress who plays laurie, she is so homely.