Switched At Birth

Monday 8:00 PM on ABC Family Premiered Jun 06, 2011 In Season

Adam_Dicy

Switched At Birth Fan Reviews (57)

• Informative

I'm still a newbie & just on season 1. I think its a good series so far that dhows real family drama. I've been reading many reviews so I know that drugs & sex are coming up & sum don't like it, but it happens in real life. I think many of the viewers are diluding themselves if they think this doesn't happen w/their children. Peer pressure & temptation is around them every day. They may be able to learn from this show & see the signs so that they can make better decisions than these parents. I see it happening w/good kids every day & parents saying; "Not my I have gotten to watch more episodes of this show & cannot for the life of me understand why nobody can see the reason Bay acts out is because all her life she's been spoiled & then here comes Daphne & it's like she didn't exist to anyone. I think both set of parents put all their time into Daphne (creating another selfish spoiled brat) because she's deaf & they thought she was this great wholesome kid & Bay not so much. Very sad that parents are worse bullies than children. Don't like the Angelo thing either. He's made mistakes but all the parents have too but their mistakes seem to be blamed on him. Good ole fashion, It wasn't my fault it's his scenario. Its really sad when the adults are really the bullies of the show. But it happens everyday. The bullies just don't want to admitt it.

• Drama Drama Drama!!!!

Love it!!!!!
  • Switched at Birth

Amazing!!! No me gusta que nos pongan a nosotros los Puertorriqueos como brutos.. Hahahahaa pero la mejor serie que e visto!!! Bay me hace reir un monton!!! I love it!!!! <3
  • Great show !

Very engaging characters. I'm hooked !
  • EPISODE: There Is My Heart.

EPISODE: "There Is My Heart" BAY. Shows up in California where Emmitt is producing film for school. SURPURSE. Now, Emmitt is confused. After some discussions with Emmett, Boy still doesn't want to admit that the affair with Tank wasn't partially her fault. Finally, Emmitt realizes his life is changing. School is important to him and he wants to succeed. Bay want to hang on with little $$ and prospects. After sad discussions send her home, she has just a couple things to say about Emmitt. Emmitt is WEAK and a LIER. The truth is BAY IS WEAK, A LIER, and a TRAMP. DAPHNE. Daphne gets a D in chemistry and an overall C grade for the semester. Then, when a couple deft friends get into a traffic accident, she goes berserk at the hospital because then don't have a deft interpreter. She should realize not any hospital can have a special language available for any and all languages at all times. Daphne was wrong this time. The scenes ends with Daphne and dorm junky back together or are they. Remember he is a girl chaser. REGINA. In business at a coffee shop with Eric. Eric wants to sell the shop. The final scene has Regina and Patrick agreeing to not sell and, maybe, moving on with each other. Does he know all of Regina's past. TOBY. The son who has had little income for his life experiences. He has been a youth gambler, his dad's car wash manager of sours, and a singer with a church girl, married to church girl, ran away with wife, divorced, and connected with a new girl who has a boy friend and no job. This typical rich parents fault. MAYBE IT IS TIME FOR SWITCHED AT BIRTH TO BE RENAMED SWITCHED OFF. EPISODE-Player's Choice. Going back to previous episodes gets confusing. 1 stupid scene. Mother/Bay signing when talking. DAHPNE. Room mates want her to pledge to a sorority. Daphne was too honest in interview-rejected. TRAVIS- Got caught cheating on home work. Travis blew off Mary Beth to be one of the buds. BAY- Helping John with the ball team couldn't even draw a straight line on the ball field. TOBY- Does he have a sweet pony tail? Overall this once confused family story now has 17 different plots. Maybe it is time to go into syndication. Highlights: Bay- The rape that wasn't a rape continues to haunt the series. Emmett came back to support Bay and, finally, Bay had to tell the truth. Emmett would believe Bay's story. Daphne caught Regina kissing her new bed partner, Eric. The Nacho, Daphne's vandalism buddy, show up and tried to black male Regina. Eric threatens him with his gang tattoo. Enough. Kathryn's mother shows up with a friend. Tell all she is suffering from Alzheimer and is moving to France with friend. Kathryn goes ballistic. Settled. The key point this is very prevalent throughout this series MONEY CAN BUY YOUR WAY OUT OF ANY MESS. Personal agenda's have been pushed by one side. Spoiled kids keep getting away in mistakes. Woman jumps into bed with man after man after man. Maybe it is time to say GOOD NIGHT.
  • Sexual Assault

This episode honestly made me so annoyed. During Bay's interview, she said that they were both drunk but Tank should of been the one to walk away. WHY?! Why is it Tank's responsibility to know exactly what's going on in Bay's head?! If she didn't show any signs of not wanting to have sex, how is Tank supposed to know that she doesn't want to do it?! If you wake up in bed with someone after a party and you realize you cheated on your boyfriend, you don't just go and say it was rape. That's not fair at all. And when Bay confronted Tank she kept asking if he had even a little bit of a feeling that what he was doing was wrong but if they were both drunk and hooking up, then that turned into sex, I really don't understand why that became Tank's fault. And the fact that he was expelled!!? This episode was not written very well..
  • Tank Rape

I love the show but this episode made me cringe. It is basically saying that if you wake up in the morning and have regrets that you can call rape. All of the women in the show were show as being on a witch hunt.

Tank has only been shown as honorable in the series to date and they flip his core character into being a now expelled rapist when Bay does not even remember what happens. I have met plenty of people that are 100% responsive and can act fine all night but in the morning have blackouts about what happened or even totally forget. This doesn't mean that they get to call rape and actually have action taken.

I hope at the end of the season Bay gets her memory back admits it was consensual and that Tank gets to sue everyone for deformation of character. This episode just made me sick.

• smile beautiful

need a nice boyfriend
  • Tank 'Rape' episode devalues men and women

By saying Tank 'raped' Bay they say women do not make responsible sexual choices. The message here is that when Bay got drunk and made choices she regretted in the morning Tank HAD to be sober enough to figure Bay would regret it. He has to decide Bay isn't making rational choices, he has to stay sober when she gets drunk. That labels Bay as a stupid brat who holds no responsibility. Not every choice a women makes is right, we sometimes regret the choices we make BUT you do not blame some one else for their realistic responses. Tank was drunk he felt his dreams had come true, his beloved bay was saying yes to a sexual situation. he was blameless and now is ruined. If he had been sober pouring drink into Bay to get into her pants then yes he would have been guilty of rape but this was wrong on so many many levels.
  • it a program i think i will not watch anymore

I am angry at the outcome of the bay and tank sleeping together. We need to protect men as well as woman.
  • This show makes me so mad!

SPOILER ALERT:

Switched at Birth was my favorite until this last episode! It literally pisses me off!! Why did they blame Tank for everything? He was drunk too!! He is a good guy! That is how the writer made him and I am going to be even more pissed if she makes him a bad guy! They were both drunk! Just because the girl (in this case Bay) had too much to drink and doesn't remember what happened does not mean that she was sexually assaulted! Also, why is everyone pressuring her to say that he did? They don't know what happened so they need to stop putting ideas in Bay's head!!! Lizzy Weiss (the writer) really needs to stop changing characters personalities! Also, I know that it is just a show but people need to stop blaming everything on the guys. It is not always their fault. People make mistakes. That's just life. Bay made the choice of drinking too much and then she felt guilty for cheating on her boyfriend. It the writer makes it any different than she needs a reality check. She better fix this or I'm done watching this show because I can't stand to watch a good show be torn apart by an idiot.
  • Started off Good

If I could just rate the first half of season one I would give it about 8-9 stars. Then as this series progressed it just got worse and worse. Honestly, they are adding way too much added drama, to make unbelievable and unlikeable. This show started off with being about family and trying to understand one another, now it turned into another teen drama about teens, doing many things that most normal teens with good standing morals do not do. Finally, this teaches them that is ok to be selfish and have a temper tantrum and destroy things, including many relationships. Because someone else will take the fall for you. Super job writers on teaching our youth how to be selfish, and have no morals. What happened to this being about family, not about teen drama.
  • Daphne needs anger management class

She really need anger management class and change her crappy anger issues , she is kinda screwing the fun for me.

I don't like the angelo sorrento death , it was really not necessary unless it's a real life issue that had to kill his character/ I hate when that happens.

• good acting but terrible scripts

The show started out well and the characters fit the script well. However, It has changed into a modern soap opera using violence, drugs, and betrayal to add drama where it is not needed. All the actors are able to show both love and understanding very well. The most recent show, Aug 11, Daphne steals drugs and then flushes them. It is just as contrived as her cocaine use and vandalism in earlier episodes. It shows a recklessness and disregard for others that does not fit her earlier character. Today's episode could have focused on the dress code problem and the fun of the outside prom. This program's writers have gone beyond a bridge too far. They have made innocent likeable high school students take on every problem of young adults pretty much all at the same time. The tension the writers are artificially creating is so unbelievable it makes me flinch and think, "Too bad. It started out as such a good
  • coool

its the best show ever
  • Just love it!

Love it! Love it! Love it!
  • I like it

I think it brings the theme of teen development in the right manner, it mentions sex in a manner that is constructive and lets actual teens learn from the characters mistakes, it is very well written and catches my attention, it is entertaining without the common exaggeration we see in other series.
  • Family values redefined????

When this series started I was quickly hooked. I, like many, was intrigued by the whole sign language take. But as the season wore on and into the second season they brought in teen sexuality with seemingly no consequence now I was concerned. Like we don't have enough STD's in the teen and young adult population in this country, not to mention babies being born out of wedlock where the Dad's aren't sticking around? Then they made abstinence education look stupid when abstinence is truly the only way to prevent STD's and pregnancy. The only "christian" on the program was made fun of for her beliefs and then finally compromises on those beliefs in the end.

Since I don't have kids at home anymore I kept on watching, then when they brought in the homosexual couple and portrayed them as being the "better" choice of a parent then their own Dad coupled with the new "friend" from the dance studio I decided it was time to turn off my auto record button and stop watching. Just when I thought things can't get much worse the next show comes on called The Foster's and the first scene is of the "mother's" in bed after their "honeymoon" kissing, I turned that off right away. Yikes, I am only 56 but this is to much for me and it makes me sad that our children are being raised thinking that these "morals" are normal. I have to ask the question, since Homosexuality is such a small percentage of our population in America why is it so prevalent in almost every program that comes out of Hollywood? It's back to Hallmark and a different "Family" channel for me and hopefully others as well.
  • This show makes you keep wanting to watch to find out what happens but....

It is a "family" drama TV show... although it is not a show I would let my children watch not even my teenagers. I did however watch it myself and watched the 1st and 2nd season. I do love how they have Sign language in it and I have learned some sighing just by watching this show! I am actually deaf in one ear, so this show is awesome because I felt like I could relate in a way. Don't get me wrong there were some moral standards in this show like you shouldn't lie or always try to do the right thing It is interesting to me and I do enjoy watching it families/teenagers can't be perfect but their moral standards were too messed up in this show they could have made the show a lot better with still a lot of drama by leaving some things out. The reason I say I would not let my children or teenagers watch this is because they support sex before marriage as long as you have "condoms" its okay... Its NOT okay in my book! Also Angelo's baby's adopted "fathers" Really now they add homosexuality into the show gay guys adopting his baby. Not to mention many people cheating on each other... liked the show better when Nikki came into the show she had stronger values than a lot of the characters did. She wanted to wait until she was married to have sex. She had a past but wanted to turn her life around and she did change. I was so happy when her and Toby got engaged!!! Toby respected her values and her wishes to wait till marriage to have sex and it was hard for him obviously but he did it... that is until at the end of the 2nd season their brain washed parents said they shouldn't get married like the day before their wedding at the rehearsal dinner and told them to just go ahead and have sex because they were so young and should go to "college" first or figure out life instead of figuring out life together being married. I totally disagreed there. That was the last straw for me. It is scary how this is a "family" show because that means that family oriented shows are teaching our children that this kind of stuff is "Okay" and that building your life around yourself first and then getting married is a good idea, rather than structuring your life with a marriage in mind.
  • Christian overtones far as the eye can see

If you enjoy sign language look no further, when I first stumbled across this show i thought another Stephen King novel had been adapted. Beyond the feel good acceptance and teenage love triangle, there was a high point thus far (and i would know because my wife follows the show) when, and stop me if you've heard this one before; a young deaf woman is attacked by a group of hoodlums for giving away free burritos from her ice cream truck in the ghetto. I don't have much positive or negative to say about this show because it leaves that type of impression. 3, because there isn't a reason to go any higher, but sometimes the dad plays basketball with the kids, and I like that.
  • gret show!!!!!

its wonderful, the scenes, characters, just everything!
  • THE BEST SHOW EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this show! All of the actors and characters are amazing and unique in their own way, which I really like. I also love the chemistry between Bay and Emmett. But Ty and Bay seem fine but I really like Bemmet.

Seriously guys watch this I promise you it will be amazing !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Good show

I love this show! All of the actors and characters are amazing and unique in their own way, which I really like. I also love the chemistry between Bay and Emmett. If you're debating on whether or not you want to watch this show, then I would definitely recommend watching it!
  • Makes me Wonder

I love this show. It is different, has characters of different mentalities, and ALL ages.

Actually started watching it while in the hospital, after giving birth to my son. Nurses couldn't understand HOW/ Why I was watching all

But I was never able to really predict it.

It is a very interesting situation and plenty to think about for all young and adults. Keep up the drama!
  • Am I like the only one......

That can NOT stand the girl that Toby is engaged to??? Or like the story about Toby being engaged at all??? Don't like that story line, doesn't really make seem to fit what we have seen with him least I don't think think they "match" or are well suited for each other AT ALL!!!!
  • mindnumbing

What a bust. I'm so bored with this show, I keep waiting for it to improve, even though I know that's not going to happen. milking every scene till there's nothing to milk anymore, even scenes that have no reason to be scenes at all. and why doesn't bay ever evolve? lol always whining and moaning about her screwed up life. the whole story is so unreal in terms of how families are and how they treat each other. I have never heard of anyone, including myself, that did get that much attention and that many card blanches - and still be an ungrateful brat. wait, maybe nelly olsen?
  • friends lasted for 10 years this one will last for 20 !!

i am form Jerusalem Palestine , this show is braking my heart , there is no enough words in all languages that wold express my feeling toward this great work .!! actually am planing to learn ASL beside braille language , can't wait till i see the next episodes

this is not only a series

on behalf of humanity "THANK YOU VERY MUCH ...
  • Best show ever!!!

Im from the Philippines... Really addicted to this. So excited for the next season. Want TY to stay if possible. but still love bay and emmet.
  • Love it!!

But they should of kept Ty!!

Really addicted to this show and I love how they just did an entire episode in ASL. I wasn't sure at first but they really pulled it off well :)
  • Interesting Show with the sign language but missing something lately.

Loved season 1 but lately seems like a soap opera. Not really into that. You need to work on the content if you are going to survive. Started out strong but ending sort of flat. Same old.