T-Bag (1985)

ITV (ended 1985)

T-Bag (1985) Fan Reviews (1)

5.4
  • The original series of T-Bag. A great first series that set the template for the following eight series. Ahead of its time!

The very first series of T-Bag hit our screens in 1985. While it set the template for the series to come and introduced us to the fantastic characters of T. Bag, T. Shirt and Debbie it relied too much on the ‘education of children’ with word and letter puzzles. Compared to the other T. Bag series it shows its age but its still a must to see for any T. Bag fan if only to see where the roots of T. Bag lie.

The laughter is still there - the much too much mustard, the sponge, and rock and tea cakes, the wrapping up of T. Bag etc make it an enjoyable laugh. The classic characters are still evident (many played by the very versatile Jim Norton) – Skipper McKipper, Indiana Inkspot, Polar Pete, Vic The Vampire, Fife O’ Clock and many more. What with the laughter, the characters, the clever one liners, witty remarks and those oh so subtle references to tea make this series a great pleasure to watch.

Not being old enough to have watched the original transmission back in 1985 I’ve had to experience watching it after having seen the other series so it is a slight let down but enjoyable all the same. I can just remember watching some of the last episode and I was spellbound then (I was barely 3½) – I just had to watch the following series. Without this series none of the others would have existed so this series is the most influential on all the series that would follow, it set the template, the ground rules. To sum it all up in one word: Revolutionary!

To find out more about this and the other series of T. Bag check out my High-T Website: http://www.angelfire.com/rings/tbag/index.html