Tactic Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2005)

Episode Discussion:"Strength That Cannot Be Seen"(04/21/08)

What did you think?

danharr

[1]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 45
    Man the last episode it was a fun ride sad to see the show go but at any rate tell us what you thought!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nina_Whitefoot

[2]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    I loved the last ep, even if it really had a odd way that the series did not end, I mean the villians are still going to try to go after Haruka and we will never know if they are successful or not, but I doubt they will, with Kantaro and Hakura back on the same side again ^^

But, now that gives me a million ideas in my head for a wonderful ending to that XD

I cried a few tears when they found out Suzu died. I knew about it, but it still really made me sad a bit. It did not help when her sprit left and Youko and Rosalie started crying, and then Kantaro with a few tears.

But, I gotta say the end where Kantaro was beign searched for to finished his article, was funny. You got him being chased to finsih his article and underneath the household and then theres Sugino looking for Muu-chan and then you got Hasumi looking for Rosalie, and Kantaro thinking he is surrounded by crazy people XDDD Then Haruka complaining, a ver fitting and wonderful end ^^

I will always love Tactics as it was a very good series with a wonderful ending

nopperabo

[3]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 16

Interestingingly the final credits give a more accurate clue as to what date the whole series is taking place in. The foreign navy memberes Miyamoto was talking to appered to be from the Russain Imperal Navy (I dont know of any other navy whose dress uniforms incuded fur astrakans (the furry hats)) this seems to suggest a date between the First Sino-Japanese war (about 1894) and the Russo-Japanese War (1904) earlier than this Russain foces would not talk to a Japanese representative later and a Japnese Representative would not talk to a Russain one.

Suzu must have been a very solid ghost, if she was able to pick up the second vial and hand it to haruka before she left. It's also a little odd that Yoko didnt notice anything odd in all that time. Wouln't there be some signs that something was odd, for example when Yoko went outside to get something woulnt she notice that Suzu's shoes werent in the front hall, even though she knew Suzu was inside. (Or did Suzu's ghostly powers incude the abilty to make ghosty empy shoes apper in the hallway what her spirt vistited Kantarou's house.)

Finally in this last episode I finally got a possible double meaning of Rosalie's referring to Haruka as "Lucifer". Lucifer was the devils orginal name true but in its most literal sense it also means "bringer of light" maybe Rosalie is wiser than she looks and meant that in his own way Haruka broght light into the lives of Haruka, Yoko, and especially Suzu. I know I'm probably wrong but its a nice thought.

danharr

[4]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 45
    Good episode I was really surprised at Suzu being a ghost and as to her hiding it. I think that yes she took her shoes off like anyone else and I believe her deceit was all powerful tanks to her ghostly powers. I liked how they left it open like that perhaps to make a part two one day and it was good to see how deep into the Meji era they were. We knew they were there just not how deep and yes those Russians lead to the late 1890 to early 1900. Good ending amazing how good it was without any fighting.

titiembe

[5]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 44
    nopperabo wrote:

Interestingingly the final credits give a more accurate clue as to what date the whole series is taking place in. The foreign navy memberes Miyamoto was talking to appered to be from the Russain Imperal Navy (I dont know of any other navy whose dress uniforms incuded fur astrakans (the furry hats)) this seems to suggest a date between the First Sino-Japanese war (about 1894) and the Russo-Japanese War (1904) earlier than this Russain foces would not talk to a Japanese representative later and a Japnese Representative would not talk to a Russain one.

Suzu must have been a very solid ghost, if she was able to pick up the second vial and hand it to haruka before she left. It's also a little odd that Yoko didnt notice anything odd in all that time. Wouln't there be some signs that something was odd, for example when Yoko went outside to get something woulnt she notice that Suzu's shoes werent in the front hall, even though she knew Suzu was inside. (Or did Suzu's ghostly powers incude the abilty to make ghosty empy shoes apper in the hallway what her spirt vistited Kantarou's house.)

Finally in this last episode I finally got a possible double meaning of Rosalie's referring to Haruka as "Lucifer". Lucifer was the devils orginal name true but in its most literal sense it also means "bringer of light" maybe Rosalie is wiser than she looks and meant that in his own way Haruka broght light into the lives of Haruka, Yoko, and especially Suzu. I know I'm probably wrong but its a nice thought.

That's what I always thought about Rosalie/Rosary calling Haruka Lucifer And, I just love this anime and always will, it's just great!

MajLorne

[6]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 21
    Well though in the other thread I said I figured Suzu was just added into the show because she was a 'cute kid', but this episode was kinda sad that she died following the events from the previous 2-parter. So I guess I'll back some of the comments I made and that she isn't that bad a character. Also the final minute was pretty funny especially Kantarou being chased by the 3 of them [for different reasons] and then running up the ladder and haruka kicking it down causing Kantarou to fall. Poor Kantarou.
    Edited on 04/26/2008 5:43pm