Taggart Forums

ITV (ended 2010)

Taggart's Inconsistent DVD labeling

2dogwoman

[1]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 1

It's really confusing to a Tag newcomer like me when the DVDs are labeled differently. Some of the older ones have the same covers, some are called Series A, B, C, D, and E, while others are called just Taggart, but with the current cast, some are called Classic Taggart (but not the original) others are Classic Taggart (but with the original McManus).

I've bought what I thought to be everything on Amazon.comUK, only to find yet another Taggart: Complete Collection, which apparently includes Jardine's death. I've seen a flashback where Jackie finds Jardine's body which is how I knew he was dead.

I can't buy that Complete Collection which is not really the complete collection, because I have some of the episodes.

The weird labeling creates much confusion to someone like me, new to Tag, wanting to see all of the eps, and yet, be unable to ascertain which I have and which I have not.

More confusion is created by the covers which are sometimes the same, esp. in the Classic Tarrart (Mark McManus) I've got, with no additional clarification save for episode titles. The year they aired isn't even on them on Amazon.comUK's listings, just the year they were put on DVD.

Does anybody have a solution to this? I'd love to have the entire set, without duplicates, and am very frustrated over how to get them.

Thanks.

2dogwoman

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

2dogwoman

[2]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 1
    I forgot to say that even IMDb, which has all the episodes listed, doesn't help me get the entire collection.

Arrrggghhh.

CrochetOwl

[3]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 13
    The DVD releases are really a mess. I did get all the A-E sets along with the Classic Taggart 5-7. I specifically was interested in Jardine's death then in Robbie's intro. I thought it (Robbie's addition) would have been included in Classic 5 (and it's even noted on the set) but the episodes were out of order and no Robbie so I wound up also getting set which includes Legends - now this set falls smack in the middle of Classic 5 and the quality is not good on big screen TV. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Just on a side note, anyone feel that the shortened 45 minute format of the show just doesn't work.