Take Home Chef

TLC (ended 2008)

Take Home Chef Fan Reviews (22)

• One of my favorite chefs!

This is one of the best shows that I have ever seen, Curtis really knows his stuff and makes it seem so easy! I love it
  • Curtis knows how to cook everything!

I enjoy this show. Curtis Stone is a chef from Australia and finds women at the grocery store, usually very attractive & affluent housewives, and offers to cook them dinner for her family. I do enjoy how these very well to do women with kitchens worth $50K to $100K do not know how to cook. Very funny. What is amazing is that he knows how to prepare all sorts of meals from all parts of the globe. He looks to be early 30's but he seems to have the experience of a much older chef. Lately his show has been taking e mails from viewers asking him to come and help them in the kitchen. Kind of like "Extreme Makeover: Kitchen Edition."
  • A truly fun way to spend an hour with your family.

We love this show!!!! My son who is ten got me hooked. He has been helping me in the kitchen since he was born. Whether on my hip, on the counter and now making his own recipes. He loves this show and insists we make everthing he does. After school he can't wait to rip off his backpack and watch all the pre-taped shows. It has been a fun way to get the whole family involved and it is nice to see that he is bringing home one of the most important things to share at home "the dinner table". So Thank you for such a GREAT show.
    Mrs. Thewis,
    Mother of two always hungry boys!!!!
  • Take Home Chef is an awesome show! Not only is the chef handsome but he knows what he's doing. My younger sister wants to be a chef, and he is her inspiration. We get new recipe ideas every show. So what's the reason not to watch Take Home Chef?

I love this show. My sisters and I watch it all the time. It's one of the better cooking shows out there. It's everything a show should be - intertaining, funny, real, and not scripted! In the last month I've gone to the Take Home Chef website and each time I found it easy to use and to understand. And for the chef not picking men, how likely is it you will see more men grocery shopping then women? Very slim. So if the men want help cooking, simply go to the grocery store more often!
  • good work. i just wanna say that you have inspired my friends mom to be the best cook i have ever met!..i have been trying to curtis to come over to my friends house..HOW DO I DO IT? there is nothing more i would rather have then curtis come 2 my friend

listen...i dont really watch the show..but my friends mom does..24/7! she even gave her original job up just to be a stay at home mom so she could cook! i have never met anyone in the world that could cook as good as Mrs. Wallace! she is the coolest person i have ever met! she is phenomenal! the reason i am the person i am today is because, Mrs. Wallace has the best cooking in the world! now i want to repay her by getting curtis the take home chef to come to her house in INDIANA!
  • i just wanted to ask way the chef never approaches men that are shopping ?

I think that it would be a real good idea to approach a man that is shopping, and his wife is at work, women need to feel special to espeically if they have given them children and brings home the bacon. can we see this happen or does the chef have a problem with this, other then that I and my spouse love this progam. and he should come to Kincolith to cook at our crab fest, this would be so cool I will put him up in our home , come on chef come show us what you can do with crabs crabfest is in july you call me at 250-326-2314 , this is our 4th year of our crabfast here in our little village of Kincolith British Columbia, well thank you for letting me put my message on here hope to hear from you . A cerious Nishga in Kincolith B.C.
  • One of my favorite shows to TIVO and watch

I love the show but wish the show would give a little more emphasis on the food. Maybe show some "tricks" to the trade and secrets about the dishes. Sometimes it seems like show's main focus is on the women and their lives. I think that has a "guest star," they are important but as a food lover I prefer the food being the main co-star to Chef Curtis. Chef Curtis makes the women feel at home with his personality and charm. Most of them self professed horrible or non cooks in the kitchen. Overall the show is quite entertaining and enjoyable to watch.
  • Curtis Stone and his show are winners.

I don't believe in giving best scores but Curtis Stone deserves it. First, because his recipes actually work for the at-home cook who isn't schooled in cookery. The viewer can make some delicious food fairly easily just by watching the show, then following Stone's example and the recipe directions.

Second, Curtis is personable, funny and knowledgable. He certainly shows a huge amount of flexibility and produces imaginative, delicious meals in a variety of kitchens. The concept of the show is imaginative and delightful. Imagine meeting a handsome guy in a grocery store who offers to cook a gourmet dinner for you and your family! That HAD to be thought up by a woman!

Third, he obviously likes people and gets along easily and beautifully with children and animals. His reactions are natural (even if his "nervousness" over meeting husbands is just a little silly)and he's just a warm, likeable personality. Here's hoping he stays that way as his fame increases. I'm an HGTV, DIY, Food Network junkie and I must say, "Take Home Chef" has become my favorite of all.
  • Fabulous show! Good looking people, decadent food. I only wish it were on more often. Plus, I have to get over to the recipe section, he made a fish with mussels the other day and it looks like a recipe to die for.

I love the show. I think Curtis is gorgeous and the women he chooses are very pretty. I like when they flirt in the kitchen while preparing the meal. The food looks scrumptious, the chef looks scrumptious...What's not to like? Great show. It always makes me happy when I watch it.
  • Take Home Chef is an actuall good show.

Take Home Chef,
    Take Home Chef involes a chef name Curtis who comes to grosery{mind my spelling} to find someone so he can come hom and cook for them. I always like to see the expression on the people faces when they see the camers. One thing i don't like about Take Home Chef is they dont go into detial about the food.
  • I love this show. The concept is so much fun. My only problem with this show is well, actually two things, one is the women he picks up and two, their houses.

My problem with the show is that he tends to only pick up women who are fairly young and attractive. Not a true representation of a housewife who might me at the market shopping for tonights dinner. Also, once he has chosen his \\\"victim\\\" they go to their house and their houses are always impeccable. I know my house wouldn\\\'t always be up to snuff for an impromtu TV show camera crew and all. I guess I have a third point that bothers me and that is after they arrive to the \\\"victims\\\" house he takes over the kitchen while she goes and \\\"Freshens\\\" up. Why is it they always come back out looking slightly slutty? Maybe it\\\'s just me but I do think they look a tad over dressed for 4 o\\\'clock in the afternoon. Other than that the concept is great and I think it would be just fun to have a really great chef come over to my house and show me how to cook and also cook a meal for me and my hubby !! I wonder why this show is not on the Food Channel?
  • I suggest everyone should watch this Reality TV Show "Take Home Chef."

One of the best show this time and I never missed a single episodes. This is refreshing. Why not he film "Take Home Chef" in Winchester (VA) and any other places and towns? That will be more interesting. He knows exactly how to cook (very few men can cook), good looking, good manner and his knowledge gives him two thumbs up. Keep up a good work, Curtis..:)
  • Curtis Stone rocks! I love watching his shows. I can't get enough of him, his cooking and his charisma.

The show is clever and fun. I wish I lived in CA so I could get Curtis to come home and help me cook for my boyfriend. I like how he incorporates things you love into something divine and decadent. He's just an all around pleasure to watch. I love how there has been hardly any repetition in his meals. His interaction with people and their families is fun to watch. He truly has a passion for cooking and that comes through the tv screen. It makes me want to run to the supermarket, get in the kitchen and roll up my sleeves.
  • I really enjoy it, I learn a lot and especially like the way it's produced. Who is the producer, anyway? I'm having trouble finding that on this site.

I think it's great. I like the chef (who wouldn't?) and like the way it's produced. High quality. There's a warmth that really radiates. I think it's funny and smart. It's got a lot going for it, since every show there are new recipes to learn (I've tried several of them.) I love to see the reaction of the women who follow the chef around like they are kind of mesmorized by his looks and talent. (He's quite charismatic.) I also love the background guy who lets us know when the husband has arrived. He must have a really good time. It feels really good. I enjoy opening my home to all of them.
  • I watch this every single day! I learn so many new ideas from it! I have actually tried some of the recipies too!

I watch this every single day! I learn so many new ideas from it! I have actually tried some of the recipies too! I love this show!!!! It is one of my favorites! I have tried some of the recipies. They have turned out to be absolutely amazing! I love to cook and this show has added flair and fun to cooking. I do go to the TLC website to get the recipies. I love making amazing dinners for my husband. The dishes made are always simple. Sometimes I have to improvise if my grocery store does not have the exact ingredients but it is so fun. This show rocks!
  • Hey, I'm Curtis Stone. I'm dashing out to the market to pick someone up, go back to their place and cook an amazing meal, then surprise someone special... Let's go!

On TLC i'm in love with Take Home Chef. Not just because Curtis Stone is an Aussie, you really learn how to cook. Curtis teaches you the correct way to chop food and has fun doing it all at the same time! He tells funny jokes and you can see him do some really embarrising stuff. Like the episode where the lady teaches him how to belly dance, and admits he has no rythem. That's one episode I'll never forget.
    If I'm watching Take Home Chef and there's a recipe I really wanna try or sounds delicious I go to TLC.com and print out the recipe. I'm a huge fan! So if you like food, like I do you'll fall in love with Take Home Chef starring Curtis Stone!
  • A great way to get some ideas for do-able home cooking. Curtis is a charming and real person which is refreshing when you compare it to other North American cooking shows.

A really great way to get some ideas for do-able home cooking.

Mr Curtis Stone is a charming and 'real' person which is refreshing when you compare it to other North American cooking (and 'reality'shows). It is a nice idea to surprise family members or partners with a fairly simple and inexpensive gesture of a home cooked meal...I like the way this show is not high budget and full of unattainable ingredients and equipment and recipes that would be impossible to reproduce.

The first reviewer was mistaken. All recipes from Take Home Chef ARE available online on the TLC website.

Happy Cooking!
  • Great show NO recpies! Im so glad that I went out and bought the things I needed before I knew the recipes we not on lone! Thank God for the food network! Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • "Reality TV" at its best. Unusual concept. The idea that a professional chef would attempt to cook in a totally unfamiliar kitchen is way out there and the fact that a trained cook would do it shows the height of courage.

It's a different pick up line: "Hi. I'm a professional chef and I'd like to come home and cook your dinner!" It's fun to watch the reactions of the young ladies (he really should pick an older woman now and then!) but the most fun is watching him deal with the kitchens he's thrust into.

The point of the show is to surprise a husband or roommate, which is fun, but the true fun is seeing Curtis adapt -- from choosing the menu to actually preparing it in a stranger's kitchen. And oh, those kitchens. The best of all so far was when he had to re-install a gas stove! The viewer can't help but cheer on the crew working with him.

This is the closest TV can get to true unpredictable reality short of on-the-spot filming of tornadoes and it's far more entertaining.

Oh, and the recipes are great, too. He's right -- his "best upside-down apple tart in the world" is positively ambrosial.
  • New fansite!

A friend of mine has just started a new fansite for Curtis and his television shows, recipes, etc. I have agreed to help promote the site and gather fans to join.
    If you are a fan of Curtis\', a fan of Take Home Chef, Surfing The Menu, etc. or just a fan of his fabulous recipe creations, we\'d love to have you!
    The website is still under construction with a lot more information to come, but please check out our message forums and get involved. You can also order Curtis\' cookbooks from the site. Please check out http://www.curtisstoneonline.com
    Hope to see you all there!

R.M.
  • MMMMMmm....GOOD!

I love this show! I never miss an episode, I always tune in to see Curtis Stone surprise me yet again with another fabulous dish! Not only do you get the opportunity to learn a new and exciting recipe, you\'re also kept thoroughly entertained! I commend you Mr. Chef, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ohhh Yummmm . . . . I love cooking shows that are real . . . you know? The kind where it feels like you are cooking with your buddy . . . well this is . .

Exactly that. Curtis makes his show entertaining and very approachable, like this really could happen . . . it is happenning for real but I am a little bit jaded on these reality shows . . so give me a break for now having complete and total faith.

I was blown away when he called his Mum. This guy cooks, he cleans up, he pays, he is sexy, beautiful smile now how perfect is he?

I have been tuning in because it is just incredibly entertaining and light and fun and just really real. I am looking forward to him getting a cramped kitchen in a really messy home . . . yeah I am looking forward to he disaster episode . . . it is sure to be funny.

I am liking this one . . . two thumbs . . way up baby!!