Tales from the Crypt (1996)

Carrion Death

Aired Unknown Jun 15, 1991 on HBO

• An escaped death row convict is on the run from the law. A motorcycle cop chases him down. The convict thinks the cop is dead and tries to escape to Mexico on foot. The cop handcuffs himself to the con before he is shot, however the cop swallows the key.

This is my favorite episode of the series. I remember watching this episode when I was 11 and it scared me so badly that I had to sleep with all my lights on that night. It has stuck with my all these years. The acting on both of the characters is overacted but it plays so well with how Tales From The Crypt works. Also with only two characters and a vulture it works very well. I loved the dialogue of Diggs. "10 Four **** and out." "Women...can't live with them, can't fit more than one in a trunk at a time." The ending is very gory and very fitting. When Diggs slices his wrist and then his hand rips off were very scary images to me. Also when he gets eaten at the end is a very fitting end for the character. A definite classic of the series.