Tales from the Crypt (1996)

Comes the Dawn

Aired Unknown Jan 11, 1995 on HBO

• Two great villainous character actors !

Not to be confused with season's 5 Brooke Shields' episode, Came The Dawn, this is a vampire tale set in the arctic. I liked this episode, although it was completely predictible and the payoff wasn't delivered all that well, it does feature two great charcter actors, noted for playing villains, Bruce Payne and Michael Ironside. They even played villains in Highlander sequels. This was a season six episode so it wasn't that gory as the eps from this season were toned down to accomodate the Fox network's night time edited showing. Things are just implied and with less time to do it in. I find most of the condensed episodes lacking in plot and development and this one seems no different. A lot of things are left unexplained. However, as mentioned the two leads ham it off one another perfectly and I love the vampire in snow setting, that's not done as much as other vampire settings, these points save a somewhat bare and tame vampire episode.
    I give it a 7, if it showed more gore It would have been better.It's a shame that HBO allowed Fox to make them tame down the show tho.