Adaptions...

  • Avatar of sniktawt

    sniktawt

    [21]Apr 18, 2008
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 44
    • rank: Golden Boy
    • posts: 1,034
    What did you think of "THE KILLER". that was just fantastic. That could have very easily be updated. For some of the bad stories they adapted, it's amazing how they missed Understudies or the killer. such a shame.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lamdnjchem

    lamdnjchem

    [22]Apr 18, 2008
    • member since: 05/25/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 473
    The Killer wouldve been brilliant, but it wouldve been harder to hide the twist on Understudies.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sniktawt

    sniktawt

    [23]Apr 18, 2008
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 44
    • rank: Golden Boy
    • posts: 1,034
    yeah, lucklily they didnt just take the name Understudies and make it a season seven episode somewhat like Top Billing. Now that would have been dumb.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sniktawt

    sniktawt

    [24]Apr 18, 2008
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 44
    • rank: Golden Boy
    • posts: 1,034

    lamdnjchem wrote:
    The Killer wouldve been brilliant, but it wouldve been harder to hide the twist on Understudies.

    Yeah a nice updated version of the Killer where she's lead to an electric chair. What an ending.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stevie_Vickers

    Stevie_Vickers

    [25]Apr 18, 2008
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 262
    sniktawt wrote:

    lamdnjchem wrote:
    The Killer wouldve been brilliant, but it wouldve been harder to hide the twist on Understudies.

    Yeah a nice updated version of the Killer where she's lead to an electric chair. What an ending.


    Hehe, I thought the same thing when I read "updated"! It's a clever story, and it would've worked perfectly. (And now my brain is playing "cast the adaption" again...)

    It would be easy to see the twist coming on Understudies, but I've been able to see many Crypt twists coming from outer space. Besides, it'd be fun to see how they'd pull it off.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ShumaGorath666

    ShumaGorath666

    [26]Oct 30, 2008
    • member since: 02/13/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 403
    I was wondering the other day if any of the so-called "preachies" would work (Hate, In Gratitude, Under Cover, etc). They are effective stories, but the Crypt Keeper's ending remarks would probably be insensitive eh? And in the spirit of the holiday, I'd also care to recommend one of my favorites: Halloween. A good old fashioned Blind Alleys/Split Second-style mutiny tale, who doesn't love those? For the cast, I think Ann Dennis could be played by Amy Adams and Mr. Critchit looks a lot like episode vet Roy Brocksmith but since he's passed on I'd say maybe Toby Jones.
    Edited on 10/30/2008 5:30pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Stevie_Vickers

    Stevie_Vickers

    [27]Nov 18, 2008
    • member since: 03/24/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 262
    ShumaGorath666 wrote:
    I was wondering the other day if any of the so-called "preachies" would work (Hate, In Gratitude, Under Cover, etc). They are effective stories, but the Crypt Keeper's ending remarks would probably be insensitive eh? And in the spirit of the holiday, I'd also care to recommend one of my favorites: Halloween. A good old fashioned Blind Alleys/Split Second-style mutiny tale, who doesn't love those? For the cast, I think Ann Dennis could be played by Amy Adams and Mr. Critchit looks a lot like episode vet Roy Brocksmith but since he's passed on I'd say maybe Toby Jones.


    I can't look at the ending of that one without thinking of Creepshow. Except in this case, it's more like "It's Halloween and we got our pumpkin!" But yeah, I can see that working.

    I've been looking at scans_daily on Livejournal, and they have quite a few good EC stories up, although you'd need to have an LJ and join the community to see most of them. I've been able to read 'The Bath' and 'The Jellyfish', both of which were suggested earlier in this thread, and I have to say..."The Jellyfish"? Those final panels kind of freaked me out, even though the guy seriously had it coming...but man, if I wouldn't want to see that played out on screen. I loved "The Bath" too, particularly the ending. Death by OM NOM NOM NOM is always good. ^^

    As far as it goes, I'd also like to nominate "Hoodwinked", the charming tale of a caring big brother and his younger sibling, who takes advantage of his elder brother's charity repeatedly, wasting money left and right and deciding to 'take' his brother's wife as well...eventually wrapping up with the grief-stricken older brother realizing that he hasn't given his younger sibling EVERYTHING he wanted...because he'd wanted a hood ornament for his new car...

    Am I the only one who thinks that could port pretty well to the screen?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MissLove789

    MissLove789

    [28]Apr 9, 2009
    • member since: 01/06/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4

    someone knows where to get the scans of all of issues of The vault of horror from #12 to #40

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.