E.D. #70: Revenge is the Nuts

malcovio

[1]Dec 12, 2007
    • level: 11
    Episode Discussion for "Revenge is the Nuts" of season 6. One of the better ones in this very hit-or-miss year I think. Keeps you entertained with a strong story and characters.
    Edited on 12/12/2007 9:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BatmanBuffy

[2]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 15
    Great episode. Teri Polo is fantastic in this one.

CryptCory

[3]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    I like this one. Its just so weird and its always dark. Literally, lol.

sniktawt

[4]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 44
    Bah, it's a poor attempt at the fantastic version from the '72 Crypt film.

Spongemario

[5]Dec 14, 2007
    I liked this one a little bit. Compared to this, it seems like the '72 film version's the greatest thing ever, apparently.

CryptCory

[6]Dec 14, 2007
    Really? I really have to see that one then. I recently bought a double feature of Bardello of Blood and Demon Knight. I absolutely love Demon Knight. Bardello I don't take too seriously as DK though.

lamdnjchem

[7]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 23
    They just released the '72 amicus"Tales from the Crypt"on a double disc with the amicus "Vault of Horror" movie of the same time period and style. Granted the Vault isnt an uncut version....they do that old classic thing to avoid showing blood where they cut to a freeze frame before the violence hits. But the original "Tales" in the double feature is original and uncut. It's part of the Midnight Movies line of rereleases.

CryptCory

[8]Dec 16, 2007
    I'd add that to my christmas list but I got enough Tales for this Christmas, muahaha. Its gonna be great. I already have seasons 1 and 6. I'll be getting seasons 2,3,4 and 5. I can hardly wait because after that I'll get to see Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem! This movie will make up for how much the last one sucked!

sniktawt

[9]Dec 16, 2007

lamdnjchem wrote:
    They just released the '72 amicus"Tales from the Crypt"on a double disc with the amicus "Vault of Horror" movie of the same time period and style. Granted the Vault isnt an uncut version....they do that old classic thing to avoid showing blood where they cut to a freeze frame before the violence hits. But the original "Tales" in the double feature is original and uncut. It's part of the Midnight Movies line of rereleases.

Yeah I already suggested Corey buy it but to try and get the original uncut version online.

CryptCory

[10]Dec 17, 2007
    I bought the double feature of Bardello of Blood and Demon Knight, in which I LOVE Demon Knight but I have so many other things I want to buy. But When I get the chance, I'll go for 72's Tales and the Vault.

lamdnjchem

[11]Dec 17, 2007

Personally I think Demon Knight is the most underrated horror movie of all time. Not saying I've seen them all, but I've definitely seen quite a few.

CryptCory

[12]Dec 17, 2007
    I agree. I've never seen anyone say anything good about it. I can see why people don't like it. But I love it. Even though it doesn't really follow the Crypt formula its very crypt like in that its comical, scary, funny and all that good stuff. I just love seeing Willaim Sadler in this movie as this bad ass drifter and Billy Zane as this crazy demon chasing him. Its just great. It also works for me because I love movies that take place all on one night. I guess I have a thing for underrated movies.

malcovio

[13]Dec 17, 2007
    CryptCory wrote:
    I can hardly wait because after that I'll get to see Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem! This movie will make up for how much the last one sucked!

Everybody seems to be saying that about the new AVP movie, but I'm still skeptical. Oops.. I'm gettin off topic. Oh wait, I don't give a S***!

sniktawt

[14]Dec 18, 2007
    a v p r looks like the first one, a confusing mess, i'm skeptical as well, we'll have to wait and see i guess.

lamdnjchem

[15]Dec 18, 2007
    It's going to bomb anyway. Not because its good or bad....Its what I call Grindhouse Syndrome. Movie company says...hey...those Saw movies seem to do good on halloween, lets release horror movies on other holidays! Thus you get the dismal performance of Grindhouse premiering on Easter Sunday weekend and The Mist premiering on Thanksgiving weekend. Both were, at least I thought, great, but they were destroyed at the box office. The same thing will happen with AVP:R when it opens on Christmas.

CryptCory

[16]Dec 18, 2007

I hate to continue to get off topic but the idea was the Strause Brothers wanted to make is much many as they can off of AvP-r so they can make another one. They obvously loved their time making AvP-r. And if your a die hard alien/predator fan and you looked this movie up, its going to be great. I would only recomend this movie to the fans. It will be way too confusing for a general audiance.

And there's no way this can be comparable to the first movie. The first one was horrible. This one is meant to forget that filth lol.

Edited on 12/18/2007 5:13pm

ShumaGorath666

[17]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 15
    John Savage really Did the Right Thing in this episode huh? Just where was his Larry Bird jersey?
    Edited on 07/23/2009 4:43pm

CryptCory

[18]Jul 30, 2009
    I like this one because of how wrong it was. The setting it self gives off a great creepy vibe.