Season 8

CryptCory

[1]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 7

This is just for discussion.

My question is, not wether or not its possible, but if you'd like to see a season 8 of Tales From The Crypt in this modern age of television?

Discuss.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sniktawt

[2]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 44

If it comes back it will be a restart, not a season 8, why would they call it season 8 ? it's been over 11 years since the final season aired, it would have to be a fresh start. Of course they will have to use the original EC stories as basis, that's how Bill Gaines would want it.

Honestly if they did a revival it should be called "The Vault Of Horror", the Crypt had it's day let another EC title get the spotlight. CK could still be the host. But don't hold your breath, cause I don't see it coming back anytime soon.

CryptCory

[3]Oct 5, 2007

If its The Vault of Horror. Then it would be the Vault Keeper. I like the Tales From the Crypt title better however. Its a good idea with a using the Vault but I'd prefer to just bring back Tales from the Crypt altogether.

I don't see why not just have Season 8. I don't care how long its been. Just have a fresh start on a new season. I'd love to see the creepy Crypt Keeper with alot like season 1 sequences.

Like I said, this isn't about if its possible. Its just for discussion.

Edited on 10/05/2007 9:03pm

sniktawt

[4]Oct 6, 2007

Ever see the animated series? the VK and the old witch guest starred on that, a new series would be cool if they used new puppets for them, alternating hosts each week like the comics did.

But they'd never call it season 8, that would be silly.

CryptCory

[5]Oct 6, 2007
    Its just I want the Crypt keeper and his creepy house. I would want that instead of alternating. I think it would be better with just the Crypt. Its just my opinion. though.

I don't see why they can't just make it the next season even though theres been a huge gap between 7 and it. I wouldn't want a fresh start or remake. Hollywood has done enough remakes with movies. They don't need to start with Tv shows. All I'm saying is I would like to see the continuation of the series. It could still be a fresh start.

sniktawt

[6]Oct 6, 2007

When Twilight Zone and Outer Limits came back they were newly updated for a new generation. Twilight Zone even came back more than once updated.

malcovio

[7]Oct 6, 2007
    • level: 11
    The "updated" Twilight Zones were terrible though.

sniktawt

[8]Oct 6, 2007

Oh for sure, was just mentioningg TZ because they restarted the series, not continue on where the originals left off.

Spongemario

[9]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 11
    No, no, and double no. The Tales from the Crypt show died a peaceful death. Let's leave it alone and appreciate what the REAL producers, actors, and directors did in their time. I don't think there's many today that can stand up to the quality of the show.

sniktawt

[10]Oct 7, 2007

Well said Sponge, I agree. It's like the new comic series, if it's not done right don't do it at all.

CryptCory

[11]Oct 7, 2007

Spongemario wrote:
    No, no, and double no. The Tales from the Crypt show died a peaceful death. Let's leave it alone and appreciate what the REAL producers, actors, and directors did in their time. I don't think there's many today that can stand up to the quality of the show.

I respect your thoughts but what if the creators of the series came back to do the 8th season? How would you feel then?

sniktawt

[12]Oct 7, 2007
    We'd watch for sure but by season 7 most of them got bored and moved on and a lot of them seem to be filmamkers that live by the slogan, "Been there done that". Most have moved on and probably don't want to step back into TV again. If it comes back awesome, but don't expect it anytime soon.
    Edited on 10/07/2007 2:51pm